Let the RU Meltdown commence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let the RU Meltdown commence

Two of the RU signees publicly stated that they knew their recruiting coaches were leaving. I believe the RU staff may have been more transparent than people are assuming.

who the heck are you talking about? I hope it's not Huggins b/c if he's kicing himself it's b/c he didn't go to UNC, or UF or one of the other programs he was actually considering

not directed at you dollarbill - but would everyone on here please stop obsessing over rutgers and their players? Syracuse has dominated them for the past 3 seasons and they just got blown out by a 5-7 Coach P UConn team

good lord - just please let it go - those kids play at Rutgers now - worry about the kids that play for Syracuse and hopefully getting one or two of the top 20 NJ kids each year going forward - no more excuses for the Syracuse staff to not get that done at this point

Relax man. Nothing wrong with having a little fun with our red headed step child little brother.

Only rutgirls fans would be fawning over Bradley to be their DC. Ethics be damned.

Sent from my DROIDX

Two of the RU signees publicly stated that they knew their recruiting coaches were leaving. I believe the RU staff may have been more transparent than people are assuming.

And several more stated the opposite.

That Rutgers Glass you have is always half-full...

There are also recruits saying they were shocked and didn't know anything.

Wow, this post is REAL surprising.

Wow, this post is REAL surprising.

Some of you really need to get a grip. Some people can and do root for more than 1 team or have an allegiance to more than 1 team. His just happens to be SU and a team most of us hate. You don't have to agree with everything he says about Rutgers, I don't and I didn't in this thread either. But let me put it this way, he has done more for and with the SU program than you will do in your lifetime.

rumors...nothing official yet

Angelichio is GONE. Great for him, from Ithaca College to the NFL in 5 years. Guy has paid his dues. Left IC to go to Pitt as a Grad assistant for Wanny

So their former WR coach PJ Fleck who took the O coordinator job at Northern Illinois now resigns one day after taking the job saying he's not ready to be O coordinator. Kinda weird how that was determined in 1 day, I wonder if he goes back to Rutgers now. If he does go back then this must have something to do with the other assistants leaving RU and him getting more money, coordinator position there (even though he would sound pretty stupid), etc.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/stor...llinois-huskies-offensive-coordinator-one-day

Fleck took the job to get at the NIU playbook and their film vs. other MAC teams in order to give Rutgers a leg up over Temple when they join them in the MAC.

So their former WR coach PJ Fleck who took the O coordinator job at Northern Illinois now resigns one day after taking the job saying he's not ready to be O coordinator. Kinda weird how that was determined in 1 day, I wonder if he goes back to Rutgers now. If he does go back then this must have something to do with the other assistants leaving RU and him getting more money, coordinator position there (even though he would sound pretty stupid), etc.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/stor...llinois-huskies-offensive-coordinator-one-day
Wonder if he was offered the TB wr coach position?

Wonder if he was offered the TB wr coach position?

More likely, but less fun, than my thoughts. Who in their right mind would leave Chicagoland for Piscataway, Brunswick, and the pearl of the Chemical Coast, Perth Amboy.

Some of you really need to get a grip. Some people can and do root for more than 1 team or have an allegiance to more than 1 team. His just happens to be SU and a team most of us hate. You don't have to agree with everything he says about Rutgers, I don't and I didn't in this thread either. But let me put it this way, he has done more for and with the SU program than you will do in your lifetime.

I think GO meant that he was surprised several RU recruits had no issues with there position coach leaving right after signing day, at least thats how I took it.

Now wouldnt some of those recruits if they were told assistants would be staying as a part of their recruitment have just cause for breach of contract? and the NCAA would let them out of their LOI if they so choose to go that route?

As Bees said, no. However, if they decided to transfer to another school they liked, say Syracuse, they would only have to sit out one year because we're ACC and not Big East. ;)

Gotta find the silver lining.

Who's more screwed? Rutgers or the Buccaneers?
Said when this came out that I was glad I am not a Bucs fan... from bad to horrible... hard to believe this is the same group that hired Tony Dungy. Of course, they did turn around and fire him when the team was consistently top two in the NFC.