Let the RU Meltdown commence | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let the RU Meltdown commence

Isn't there a rule about not being able to transfer within your conference? Hopefully a couple of these better Rutgers recruits will be pissed off enough at the assts leaving and consider transferring to SU since we are in the ACC.

I don't know how anyone could think this wasn't going to happen. What a beautiful mess.

tipphill says it doesn't matter though. It's hard to decipher exactly what he's saying but it's something like "blah blah facilities blah ostrich".

Did anyone really think Cignetti would stick around, especially since Flood is probably going to take back control of the offense?

Yeah, I would guess this will create a lot of bad blood. They really did sell their souls for this year's recruiting class.
Bad blood with who? The guys who come in? It's not their fault nor is it the school's fault. I guess when these guys get canned and come back to college they won't be looked upon highly.

Bad blood with who? The guys who come in? It's not their fault nor is it the school's fault. I guess when these guys get canned and come back to college they won't be looked upon highly.

Bad blood between Pernetti, Flood, et al, and the HS coaches who bought into the "we're keeping the coaching staff intact" that they sold leading up to LOI day.

Jersey is officially open for business. Come on in PSU, BC, SU, Pitt, Wisconsin and Maryland.

I don't know. We're always hearing about how recruiters have to make inroads, how these relationships aren't built overnight

I could understand if these same high school coaches now say FU to RU. Especially a place like Don Bosco, where recruiters apparently have to kiss the ring.

It's a shame JPO and others didn't hold off past signings day. Maybe they still would have ended up at Rutgers, but at least they would have made a real, informed decision. Oh, well. Sucks to be them. Again. For eternity.

I bet Pernetti knew much of this all along and he is behind the secrecy until after LOI day. He did make himself a coach, take the test, and then contact every recruit. I'd love to know what he told them. Probably a pack of lies about the coaches.

What bees said

I hope someone, someday opens up about the behind the scenes interactions down there leading up to LOI day

These kids did not have to sign on Tuesday, it was just the first day and whoever was advising these kids along with the young men themselves should take the blame for this as well as a manipulative Rutgers staff.

This is my favorite post on the topic on their R1vals board.

well i guess the Pitt fans were right that Cignetti would be here for one year and the idiot cuse fans were right that Schiano is a shady piece of S.

that guy better not ever be welcomed back here.

Doesn't pass the smell test. What would an NFL coach want with great high school recruiters and lousy coaches?
i agree does not pass the smell test, shady will not take that many with him. their fans are in paranoia panic mode. 4-5 college coaches to a pro program? none of the bucs players would accept that.they will be bad enough with schiano---he needs experienced pro staff to have any chance of success as he cannot function as a head coach.

i agree does not pass the smell test, shady will not take that many with him. their fans are in paranoia panic mode. 4-5 college coaches to a pro program? none of the bucs players would accept that.they will be bad enough with schiano---he needs experienced pro staff to have any chance of success as he cannot function as a head coach.
GRob is available last I looked. Reunion time with Mike Williams.

This is my favorite post on the topic on their R1vals board.

well i guess the Pitt fans were right that Cignetti would be here for one year and the idiot cuse fans were right that Schiano is a shady piece of S.

that guy better not ever be welcomed back here.

Man, they just can't stop talking about us over there.

I bet Pernetti knew much of this all along and he is behind the secrecy until after LOI day. He did make himself a coach, take the test, and then contact every recruit. I'd love to know what he told them. Probably a pack of lies about the coaches.

Pernetti made it a point to let everyone know during the press conference that Schiano had been totally transparent during the whole process...

JPO could transfer to SU and sit out next year (virtual red shirt). There's a 2 year intra-BE xfer do-not-play rule, so Syracuse could abide by it and then declare it as n/a on July 1 2013 (hopefully).

They have a nice little rb there that might want to leave now.

They have a nice little rb there that might want to leave now.

After what transpired with him during the season and now this, he has got to be kicking himself right now for not choosing SU.

Pernetti made it a point to let everyone know during the press conference that Schiano had been totally transparent during the whole process...
transparent to pernetti,perhaps---was pernetti transparent, i think not---he maybe even shadier than shady---wonder what this will do with relationships with nj h.s. coaches ----they were screwed as well----wonder what the recruits parents think of them. was it pp who said a recruit should choose a school for the school first, as coaches come and go.

After what transpired with him during the season and now this, he has got to be kicking himself right now for not choosing SU.
who the heck are you talking about? I hope it's not Huggins b/c if he's kicing himself it's b/c he didn't go to UNC, or UF or one of the other programs he was actually considering

not directed at you dollarbill - but would everyone on here please stop obsessing over rutgers and their players? Syracuse has dominated them for the past 3 seasons and they just got blown out by a 5-7 Coach P UConn team

good lord - just please let it go - those kids play at Rutgers now - worry about the kids that play for Syracuse and hopefully getting one or two of the top 20 NJ kids each year going forward - no more excuses for the Syracuse staff to not get that done at this point

who the heck are you talking about? I hope it's not Huggins b/c if he's kicing himself it's b/c he didn't go to UNC, or UF or one of the other programs he was actually considering

not directed at you dollarbill - but would everyone on here please stop obsessing over rutgers and their players? Syracuse has dominated them for the past 3 seasons and they just got blown out by a 5-7 Coach P UConn team

good lord - just please let it go - those kids play at Rutgers now - worry about the kids that play for Syracuse and hopefully getting one or two of the top 20 NJ kids each year going forward - no more excuses for the Syracuse staff to not get that done at this point
he was referring to Jordan Thomas...who I believe is a DB now?