Class of 2014 - Let us kick it! | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Let us kick it!

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Why not as a syracusefan community organize a kickstarter campaign to help fund a few busts for the new IPF complex?

My guess is the school still has to approve it, unless we are paying for all of it. Given the stuff has to be expensive, and the board just raised 50k for the IPF, my guess is we as a community are fairly tapped out and it's quite unlikely we can raise the necessary funds to pay for everything.

I love the enthusiasm, but have to agree with Libero on this one.

How much could a bust of sutomcat, TexanMark or OE cost?

PUMPKINS ....the seeds are reasonable,I just don't know if I could grow them big enough for their heads

I'm sure the Ernie Davis statue was well over $100,000.

I have no idea how long ago the statue was put up, but I'm guessing it was closer to $200k than $50k and the type of experience we want to put together requires at least $500k to do it on the weak side.

If we wanted to do it right, and really have something to be proud of and would simply blow people away, we would want to add a wing (Orange HOF?) with the superhero athletes, the Jim Brown's of the world getting full size statues (might not need another ED statue, since it is by the dome) and busts for the second tier elites (McNabb's and Freeney's of the world) and plaques for the third tier all timers like a Rob Moore type.

And there is no way in gods name it can be done the right way for less than a million IMO and unless a major donor comes along to pay for 90% of it (McNabb I'm looking at you buddy) it's never going to happen purely because I can't see the school agreeing to justify funds for this project (especially considering its a football only HOF and if nothing else, totally alienates the rest of SU athletics) when there are so many pressing needs for that kind of money for the university as a whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom