Lets be clear here, Marrone coached 50 games here | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lets be clear here, Marrone coached 50 games here

Marrone was already on the short lists of a few organizations when he left New Orleans for Syracuse. The fact that he turned Syracuse around in just four years was enough to make him a very hot commodity.

Did you really expect Pete Carmichael to leave New Orleans with Drew Brees as his QB for Buffalo with Ryan Fitzpatrick as his QB? And does the fact that he didn't want to do that proof that no NFL'ers want to work with him? Doubtful.
yes, id expect carmichael to go.

this is paytons offense. not his.

hes got a lot to prove. if im him, id be angling for an OC job somewhere. for when payton comes back, he will call the plays again. leaving carmichael to chart them like doogie did.

i understand why carmichael wouldtn want buffalo though, just used him as an example of a NFL coach friend.

I think our defense was better than numbers suggest this year. We generated more plays than ever which is better for the offense numbers but also puts the defense out there quicker and more often.

More plays usually equates to more yards ... For both teams.

Agree, we will miss Pugh greatly. Best OL we have had in a very long time.

I don't think we need someone as good as he was to have a successful offense though. The problem with the offense before Justin came by was more than the RT that was only playing because Hickey was forced to play LT in Pugh's absense, was really really really really bad. Watch the tape of the Minnesota game. The pass blocking by the RT was so bad it destroyed our ability to run plays. His performance against Northwestern and USC was not much better.

We didn't need Pugh to beat NW or Minnesota. We just needed a decent, average Joe RT that could delay the pass rusher a few seconds, stay on sides and sometimes occupy his man on running plays.

It was the RG too. I think that's the last time Foy started, he was a pilon in that game. Entire right side of the OL could do nothing, offense went down with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom