Let's do a poll | Syracusefan.com

Let's do a poll

Should the NCAA impose the death penalty or take other actions?

• Total voters

SWC75

Bored Historian
I've read the threads about Penn State being a footall issue and giving them the death penalty. I think most will agree it's a "football issue" and that the NCAA has the power to do somehting under their bylaws. Should they do the "Death Penalty", which would come down on their current players and coaches who did nothing wrong, (we assume) and the fans who didn't root for kids to be raped, or should they go in another direction with suspensions, banishments and significant fines that could go to the victims and/or to child advocacy groups?

Originally I wasn't for the death penalty, but the continuing total denial of Penn St fans and the family changed my mind. There is a football cult in happy valley that needs to come back to reality, and realize that even though they were not directly responsible for the criminal acts. What happened was the cult like nature of football, enabled people to make bad judgements and convince themselves, they were acting in everyone's best interest. Too much power can, and normally will corrupt anyone. Penn St needs this time to reflect on the future, without the continuous reminder of what went wrong. They need the time to heal within the community and university.

I've read the threads about Penn State being a footall issue and giving them the death penalty. I think most will agree it's a "football issue" and that the NCAA has the power to do somehting under their bylaws. Should they do the "Death Penalty", which would come down on their current players and coaches who did nothing wrong, (we assume) and the fans who didn't root for kids to be raped, or should they go in another direction with suspensions, banishments and significant fines that could go to the victims and/or to child advocacy groups?
The whole athletic program is built on lies, deception, and lost innocence. Shut the thing down

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

How about some creative punishment. Not that any of this would happen...but-

1) make PSU play all games for three years on the road. No home games, no games in the state of Pennsylvania either.

2) no bowl games for five years.

3) reduction of scholarships to 45. Make them field a team of walk ons