LETS GET PAST THE ATTITUDE OF BABY STEPS... | Syracusefan.com

LETS GET PAST THE ATTITUDE OF BABY STEPS...

realcusefan888

Walk On
after attemting to sleep and now watching the 1 hour compact replay on sny, the fact we lost that game is on 4 people...marrone, hackett, bailey, and nassib. and it starts with marrone and his demeanor all week. tired of his worried look and i actually think he psyches himself out into believing we will ALWAYS be in a dogfight as an underdog when in reality we were better than that rutgers team, played great defense, and have both lines clicking!

the problems:

1. NO KILLER INSTINCT! marrones approach. he actually tried to protect the 7-0 lead the defense handed his offense for an entire halk. i said this last week that we never playcall is build a 2 score lead!!! its true people! its horrible. doug envisioned this game like last year(13-10) and played it that way. go for the throat! theres no excuse here.

2. HACKETT: we actually have 8-10 different plays we call and thats it! its the short passes in the flat, nothing in the seams or middle. we dont use stevens in space, west, nor enyone else in the middle. ZERO deception in our offense. the play call after the rutgers fumble on the botched snap was predictable and aweful! rutgers had 2 d lineman over in the flat knwoing we like that cutesie play after a turnover. playfake and throw a post dammit!!! CAN I PLEASE SEE KOBENA AND GRAHAM IN THE SLOT AND DO WHAT THE COACHES DAY THEY WILL DO, CAN I ACTUALLY SEE THE BALL BOUNCE OFF THEIR CHEST 50 YARDS DOWN FIELD!!!!

3. ZERO reason to go after that punt on the roughing where we had sweet field position set up!

4. specials coaching by committe isnt working people! we need a dedicated coach!!!

5. nassib cant have that type of game in a big spot! this offense protects him and he still was aweful! hate the slant near the goal line and yes, the throw was behind foster!

6. bailey 2 huge fumbles. i have been saying for weeks that PTG is our best back.

7. our o-line is clicking and actually got a push yesterday and we cant take advantage! GO FOR THE 4TH AND INCHES IN OVERTIME AND WIN IT RIGHT THERE!!!!

8. HATS OFF TO SHAFER AND THE DEFENSE!!!

9. we get a scared and rattled dodd in the dome, get great d-line play and we cant win?

10. THIS MESS IS ON MARRONE, HACKETT, AND THE 11 GUYS COACHING SPECIALS. ITS DISTURBING! DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT WE ARE ONLY A 6-6 TEAM. WE HAVE OUR LINES PLAYING WELL AND WE HAVE SOME SKILL GUYS. ITS THE SCARED APPROACH. I DONT SEE THE WORRIED LOOK FROM OTHER HEAD COACHES ALL WEEK. WE HAD ENOUGH DEPTH TO NOT ONLY OVERCOME THE INJURIES, BUT PLAY WELL. ITS THE COACHES FAULT THAT FOSTER, WEST, KOBENA, AND SMITH HAVE NOT HAD MORE OF AN IMPACT. WE CAN WIN NOW PEOPLE...THE 3 YEAR PLAN IS GONE IN COLLEGE SPORTS...

7. our o-line is clicking and actually got a push yesterday and we cant take advantage! GO FOR THE 4TH AND INCHES IN OVERTIME AND WIN IT RIGHT THERE!!!!

SU had the ball first in OT. We would not have "won it right there". We would have had a 7 point lead, with Rutgers coming up to bat.

As opposed to the 3 point lead we ended up with.

would have felt alot better and had a chance to win the way our d was playing against a young qb.

Keep this in mind ... here's Rutgers play-by-play in the 1st OT:

1-10 SYR 25 Sanu,Mohamed pass complete to Nova,Gary for 9 yards to the SYR16 (ANDERSON, R.;BALL,Torrey).

2-1 SYR 16 Jamison,Jawan rush right for 2 yards to the SYR14, 1ST DOWN RU (BALL, Torrey). R23
1-10 SYR 14 Nova,Gary crossing pass complete to Martinek,Joe for 4 yards to the SYR10 (VAUGHAN, Dan).

2-6 SYR 10 Jamison,Jawan rush up middle for 3 yards to the SYR7 (VAUGHAN, Dan).

3-3 SYR 07 Jamison,Jawan rush up middle for 2 yards to the SYR5 (MARINOVICH, M.).
4-1 SYR 05 PENALTY RU delay of game 5 yards to the SYR10.

4-6 SYR 10 Te,San San field goal attempt from 27 GOOD, clock 15:00.

Pretty sure that Shady isn't running up the middle on 2nd and 3rd down if he needs a TD to tie.

And we held Rutgers to a FG in the 2nd OT and had a chance to win ... if only Ant doesn't fumble. :(

after attemting to sleep and now watching the 1 hour compact replay on sny, the fact we lost that game is on 4 people...marrone, hackett, bailey, and nassib. and it starts with marrone and his demeanor all week. tired of his worried look and i actually think he psyches himself out into believing we will ALWAYS be in a dogfight as an underdog when in reality we were better than that rutgers team, played great defense, and have both lines clicking!

the problems:

1. NO KILLER INSTINCT! marrones approach. he actually tried to protect the 7-0 lead the defense handed his offense for an entire halk. i said this last week that we never playcall is build a 2 score lead!!! its true people! its horrible. doug envisioned this game like last year(13-10) and played it that way. go for the throat! theres no excuse here.

2. HACKETT: we actually have 8-10 different plays we call and thats it! its the short passes in the flat, nothing in the seams or middle. we dont use stevens in space, west, nor enyone else in the middle. ZERO deception in our offense. the play call after the rutgers fumble on the botched snap was predictable and aweful! rutgers had 2 d lineman over in the flat knwoing we like that cutesie play after a turnover. playfake and throw a post dammit!!! CAN I PLEASE SEE KOBENA AND GRAHAM IN THE SLOT AND DO WHAT THE COACHES DAY THEY WILL DO, CAN I ACTUALLY SEE THE BALL BOUNCE OFF THEIR CHEST 50 YARDS DOWN FIELD!!!!

3. ZERO reason to go after that punt on the roughing where we had sweet field position set up!

4. specials coaching by committe isnt working people! we need a dedicated coach!!!

5. nassib cant have that type of game in a big spot! this offense protects him and he still was aweful! hate the slant near the goal line and yes, the throw was behind foster!

6. bailey 2 huge fumbles. i have been saying for weeks that PTG is our best back.

8. HATS OFF TO SHAFER AND THE DEFENSE!!!

9. we get a scared and rattled dodd in the dome, get great d-line play and we cant win?

10. THIS MESS IS ON MARRONE, HACKETT, AND THE 11 GUYS COACHING SPECIALS. ITS DISTURBING! DONT WANT TO HEAR THAT WE ARE ONLY A 6-6 TEAM. WE HAVE OUR LINES PLAYING WELL AND WE HAVE SOME SKILL GUYS. ITS THE SCARED APPROACH. I DONT SEE THE WORRIED LOOK FROM OTHER HEAD COACHES ALL WEEK. WE HAD ENOUGH DEPTH TO NOT ONLY OVERCOME THE INJURIES, BUT PLAY WELL. ITS THE COACHES FAULT THAT FOSTER, WEST, KOBENA, AND SMITH HAVE NOT HAD MORE OF AN IMPACT. WE CAN WIN NOW PEOPLE...THE 3 YEAR PLAN IS GONE IN COLLEGE SPORTS...

Turn down the volume. "The 3 year plan is gone" what the hell does that mean?

I understand reaalfans frustration. We keep being told we have or are abot to get offensive mad scientists, and we are going to be high powered and exciting etc.,etc.,etc. And what we get is not just conservative, its down right hey D, you guys win the game for us. It too seemed to me like "hey the defense got 6 points for us...lets not try to do anything crazy like score or mount a drive, lets just massage this into halftime if we can. they're playing lights out, lets rid'em". A whole 1/2 and you can't manage 2-3 field goals? It never seems like we get after it offensively unless the other team scores and then...bing,bam,zoom, we're in the endzone...followed by several more stalled drives(mostly 3 and outs)and then the opposition does something and we crank it up again. I'm more frustrated by our offense this year than any in the last 10 because this year I thought we would finally see us get more offensive. I'm like a frustrated Cubs fan...but still bleedin orange and blue. Go SU!

would have felt alot better and had a chance to win the way our d was playing against a young qb.

The QB changed helped them. Nova was much beter than Dodd and really hung in there vs. the rush.

I understand reaalfans frustration. We keep being told we have or are abot to get offensive mad scientists, and we are going to be high powered and exciting etc.,etc.,etc. And what we get is not just conservative, its down right hey D, you guys win the game for us. It too seemed to me like "hey the defense got 6 points for us...lets not try to do anything crazy like score or mount a drive, lets just massage this into halftime if we can. they're playing lights out, lets rid'em". A whole 1/2 and you can't manage 2-3 field goals? It never seems like we get after it offensively unless the other team scores and then...bing,bam,zoom, we're in the endzone...followed by several more stalled drives(mostly 3 and outs)and then the opposition does something and we crank it up again. I'm more frustrated by our offense this year than any in the last 10 because this year I thought we would finally see us get more offensive. I'm like a frustrated Cubs fan...but still bleedin orange and blue. Go SU!

I don't what team you've been watching, but overall this is a better team on offense, regardless of yesterday. But they don't have the athletic talent that most teams they are playing. There isn't anybody on the roster that compares Sanu, Deering, Harrison or Huggins athletically. We have a bunch of decent players that have to outexecute to win, period.

Schwartwalder: 4-5, then 5-5, then 5-4, then 7-3, (with a 6-61 bowl loss), then 5-3-1 then 4-4, then 5-3 and finally 7-2, (with a one point loss to naitonal power TCU in the Cotton Bowl)

MacPherson: 4-6-1 then 2-9 then 6-5 then 6-5 then 7-5 then 5-6 then 11-0-1.

Marrone: 4-8, then 8-5, now 3-2.

People want to think "We're back". We aren't back to where we were in the glory days of Schwartzwalder or MacPherson/Pasqualoni era and we won't be for a while yet. In the meantime, there will be ups and downs. Yesterday was a down. The coaches and players aren't going to pack it in and neither should the fans.

I don't what team you've been watching, but overall this is a better team on offense, regardless of yesterday. But they don't have the athletic talent that most teams they are playing. There isn't anybody on the roster that compares Sanu, Deering, Harrison or Huggins athletically. We have a bunch of decent players that have to outexecute to win, period.

bad argument...thats all i have been hearing for 2 years is ryan doesnt have time...doesnt have protection. with his arm, you protect him...we DO have good enough athletes to make plays!!! its the scheme, the playcalling. you and the coaches buy into building a sexy roster when in fact we have the athletes NOW to not only compete...but win! its approach and if i have a player on offense today i would be just shaking my head thinking what if...

bad argument...thats all i have been hearing for 2 years is ryan doesnt have time...doesnt have protection. with his arm, you protect him...we DO have good enough athletes to make plays!!! its the scheme, the playcalling. you and the coaches buy into building a sexy roster when in fact we have the athletes NOW to not only compete...but win! its approach and if i have a player on offense today i would be just shaking my head thinking what if...

Get some glasses if you think Chew, Lemon, and Graham measure up to Sanu, Harrison, and Deering as athletes. I love our guys, they block, they run great routes, are catching the ball well, are making plays,and are tougher than that big ball of Charmin Sanu.

But none of them can break a tackle or expect to win a 50/5o ball. If you don't think Hackett and Marrone aren't doing everything they can with scheme and playcalling to help out the talent on the roster you're nuts, that's probably the number one way they get open when they do.

This is a build out from the foundation. The program was gutted and they started from almost nothing. They are winning and are competing, but they are still playing from behind in almost every game 85 vs 85.

Go - I agree with you until your past paragraph. My only real concern is that the skill guys on offense are all from Robinson.

Sort of ironic - the defense coach had Swiss cheese back there, the offensive coach has the really good defense.

I don't get all the bellyaching today...it was clearly a bad loss that gobbled up four and half hours of time, but geez, block and catch a little more and none of this happens.

A good OC can get the group of kids we have to score more than 6 points in this game, despite the mistakes we made. Teams all over America put yards and points up with mediocre talent. We shouldn't HAVE to need good talent here to do so. Coming in RU was giving up 25 ppg 404.5 ypg and causing 4.5 TO pg against D1A teams. In 2 OTs our O scored 9 points, put up 295 yards, and had 5 TOs. Even if you add back the 7 points from the kicking we still scored 9 points less and gained 110 yards less then juggernauts UNC and Ohio did vs RU.

What's all that have to do with the point I made.

They didn't play well, end of story.

What's all that have to do with the point I made.

They didn't play well, end of story.

You were blaming talent not execution. We had the better team yesterday and the O was coached like we were the lessor team. If both Ohio and UNC can put up over 400 yards vs RU despite both having 4 and 5 TOs then why are we putting up less than 300? Both those teams did not play well on O and left points on the field just like we did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom