Let's give some credit to the defense | Syracusefan.com

Let's give some credit to the defense

jekelish

Living Legend
Outside of a couple of major brainfarts, they were pretty outstanding all game long. Completely shut down Penn State's running game, and while one of the Penn State tight ends went out with an injury (here's hoping for a speedy recovery for that young man, by the way), we completely took their tight ends out of the game.

The only guy we had no answer for was Allen Robinson, which is disappointing considering we played the USC receivers better last season. But still, really good, solid effort. I was really impressed by how well our DL played, considering there are three new starters up there. They got decent pressure and really stuffed the run.

Nice job, guys. Sorry the offense couldn't help you out.

PSU was 1-16 on 3rd down conversions. I thought that was a good indicator of the SU defense's play.
The secondary unfortunately gave up a couple of big passes.

Absolutely stout performance. But could we dial up something for those annoying bubble screens that just kill us every time? I understand that every defense is vulnerable to something but this is getting to be an every game event. Don't mean to be over critical but we seem to be really vulnerable to that play every time.
Nice overall job D - you kept us in it until the end.

PSU was 1-16 on 3rd down conversions. I thought that was a good indicator of the SU defense's play.
The secondary unfortunately gave up a couple of big passes.

3rd down defense was great, but you just can't give up those long td's.

They battled all game long and kept us in the game. You take away those 2 throws and they just gave up a couple of FG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom