Let's go friars | Syracusefan.com

Let's go friars

Marsh01

Living Legend
Hopefully they can keep up their home mojo vs uconn going tonight.

I bet the Huskies take the Friars lightly and PC comes out firing;

76-62 PC wins.

UConn up 32-30 at half.

UConn shooting 43% from the field; PC 30%

Drummond must have had 6 dunks in that 1st half, 4 of them on alley-oops. uconn actually should be up by a comfortable margin right now. if provvy can tighten up their D just a little they have a shot to win this.

Friars tied it up after being down 14
It was in like a 5 minute span too.

Man, UConn does not pass the eye test at all.

Funny, an OT win vs. FSU in November might be the thing that is keeping them in the tourney right now. That, in a win vs. Harvard in Hartford in December.

T on Drummond! While I know we would beat UConn again if we played them again, I really would like to play someone new on Thursday and want them off that 9 line.

Wow, I don't remember seeing a team fall apart so quickly.

What a run by PC.

That T on Drummond was BS, but I'm not complaining.

IF UConn does lose this game; and IF they don't make the NCAAs. I think UConn basketball as we knew it is dead.

IF UConn does lose this game; and IF they don't make the NCAAs. I think UConn basketball as we knew it is dead.

One can only hope. I love rivalries and in most cases want to see our rivals be competitive, since it makes for better rivalries. However, in the case of UConn I have always made an exception. I hope they go suck every year and none of their players graduate so they can never be in the NCAA tournament again!

I wonder if those uconn fans who were here pounding their chest over here after their two losses to us applauding their effort will be as quick to rationalize this devastating loss tonight.

I love it. That program can't suck enough for my tastes. Hope they enjoy the beginning of their decline to mid-major status.

They are probably on the outside looking in, but their 6 50+ wins will still get a long look. Plus, their #1 SOS will keep them in the discussion.

One can only hope. I love rivalries and in most cases want to see our rivals be competitive, since it makes for better rivalries. However, in the case of UConn I have always made an exception. I hope they go suck every year and none of their players graduate so they can never be in the NCAA tournament again!
you can imagine that UK may run into these problems if they keep having everyone leave after a year, right?

UConn still makes the field of 68.

Poorly constructed team.

2 mega talents who could not possibly play with less energy.

2 point guards who love chucking up absurd 25 footers.

If Calhoun was on the bench, he has enough fire to make them into something reasonable. With Blaney, forget it, they're lucky if Drummond and Lamb don't fall asleep out there.

you can imagine that UK may run into these problems if they keep having everyone leave after a year, right?
Not if you have Calamari greasing the palms of the teachers involved.

Game. BTW, does any fan base/players/coaches make more excuses than UConn? It's an embarrassment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom