Let's have some fun | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's have some fun

I like the sound of the all canada guard duo of Ennis and Rathan-Mayes, particularly if they can maybe convince their buddy Wiggins to play for "Canada's Team"

Francis, what are your impressions of Marcus Lee? Have you had the oppertunity to see him play? It appears as though we have extended him an offer, what does this mean (if anything) with regards to the other recruits we have been going hard after such as vonleh and Lawrence? Or are they looking at Lee as a Center. FWIW and from what I have seen I do like Lee's potential and athleticism, think he would be a real nice get.
Haven't seen Lee yet besides the highlights, so I can't really judge his game fully. Definitely love what I've read about him especially the motor and intensity part. I think they look at him as a center and don't really see this as having any impact on Lawrence because both are completely different players.

It's looking like this as far as the bigs are concerned Anya, Obokoh, Lee, Goodluck, and Meeks are currently getting the most love from the staff. When it come to the forwards Lawrence, Roberson, and Wainright all seem to be seriously in play. Wainright even offers the versatility to run the point at times.

Haven't seen Lee yet besides the highlights, so I can't really judge his game fully. Definitely love what I've read about him especially the motor and intensity part. I think they look at him as a center and don't really see this as having any impact on Lawrence because both are completely different players.

It's looking like that this as far as the bigs are concerned Anya, Obokoh, Lee, Goodluck, and Meeks are currently getting the most love from the staff. When it come to the forwards Lawrence, Roberson, and Wainright all seem to be seriously in play. Wainright even offers the versatility to run the point at times.

This could be quite the class. Francis do you see any issues on putting it together beginning with whomever commits first? I'd guess that you take one of your bigs, one of your forwards and a guard or two... Would Wainwright be brought in along with a class of Ennis, Lawrence, and Okoboh? Could that effect the ability to recruit Lawrence? Does Okoboh because of his proximity take preference over a Lee? I don't envy the staff having to make hard decisions like this... I guess its good to have option though!

This could be quite the class. Francis do you see any issues on putting it together beginning with whomever commits first? I'd guess that you take one of your bigs, one of your forwards and a guard or two... Would Wainwright be brought in along with a class of Ennis, Lawrence, and Okoboh? Could that effect the ability to recruit Lawrence? Does Okoboh because of his proximity take preference over a Lee? I don't envy the staff having to make hard decisions like this... I guess its good to have option though!
It's all good options to have like you said. We'll see how the chips fall but landing Ennis and either Lawrence/Roberson seems to be high on the priority list. Will be interesting if they start showing serious interest Vonleh, Iverson, and Jefferson again as the summer rolls along.

It's looking like this as far as the bigs are concerned Anya, Obokoh, Lee, Goodluck, and Meeks are currently getting the most love from the staff. When it come to the forwards Lawrence, Roberson, and Wainright all seem to be seriously in play. Wainright even offers the versatility to run the point at times.

As always, thanks for the insight Francis!

i'm pretty sure mcw will be back after next season but i'd agree francis we're a tad too thin at guard.excellent insights.

Hi Francis. I have to get this out here. I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I have to say this.

You are one of the reasons that I visit this site daily so I can get my SU fix.

Thanks man, you have my appreciation.

Paul

Great post ORANGEsPHK, great name BTW. I am among those who come here for the great conversations and information provided by Francis as well as some others, I can't get enough recruiting info, and Francis always has the goods.

Both are different players. Aaron who recently played for Jason Hart at Taft is 6'8 long, can handle like a guard but isn't real physical. Johnson is about 6'5/6 and attends Hop old school Mater Dei. Johnson is more physical and likes to play inside/out. Both play for the Nike affiliated Oakland Soldiers and aren't connected with the Pumps who were recently dropped from the Adidas circle. Not sure if we have a real shot at either but it never hurts to recruit them and keep options open in all areas.

Any word if we offered either? In Johnson I see a possible Dion Waiters/CJ like game. Good to see Hop out there.

Any word if we offered either? In Johnson I see a possible Dion Waiters/CJ like game. Good to see Hop out there.
Aaron claims an offer in the latest update that our buddy from the nationoforange site has on him. Johnson on the other hand doesn't have one yet.

Francis, with Jefferson supposedly picking his top 7 with the Cuse still involved and no Pitt, do you still believe that he will end up at Temple over us and the other big schools going for him?

Temple and Zona both feel confident at this point but that can change from now till January, the date when he plans to make a decision. The interesting thing is that Jefferson and Ishmail Wainright(who SU also likes) offers versatility at the 1-3.