Lets see what this team is made of | Syracusefan.com

Lets see what this team is made of

imdevo

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Scorer
2 straight losses. 1 bad loss at home. 8 days of rest. They need to show some life today and im expecting a whooping. LGO!

Very nice start for Cooney. Keep it up, TC!

Not a nice start for Joseph. Don't keep that up, Joseph!

Christmas with a one-man-dunk-a-thon!

World record for hyphens (too many, I know) just set by...me!

JB knows how important this game is.

He's already got in the face of several players.

Something I'm seeing right now that is really, really irritating the hell out of me:

Our wings are playing up around foul line extended on defense, despite there not always being an offensive player in that area. Gbinije has barely gone below the foul line extended, and I saw McCullough doing the same second to last possession.

Know what that leaves you susceptible to? Lobs to a guy cutting along the baseline. What does LA Tech have two of out of their first 8 points? Lob dunks from a guy cutting along the baseline.

It's soooooo easy to penetrate on our guards. lol

Look at that - inside out pass, Cooney squared up and stepping into a three pointer completely in rhythm, and he knocks it down. It's like when he's TOO open, he slows his motion down and thinks about it too much. When he's catching it from the side, he doesn't stop his momentum enough and drifts.

Please, Trevor, just catch it stepping into the shot every time. You're such a better shooter when that happens.

A good game for Kaleb to learn, hes got to slow it down get it in control and play a bit sloower then the rest of the team on offense to set things up.

Seriously, Trevor, limit your three point attempts to straight up and down, stepping into passes from the interior, for right now.

MUCH better possession there, Joseph. That was exactly what I wanted from your game - penetrate the lane and create shots.

Wow what a wildly athletic finish by McCullough. Kind of a dumb lob and McCullough just went up and made a pretty spectacular play to score that.

Watching joseph bring the ball up while one player posts up and everyone else stands there is maddening.

la tech went from a press to some trapping around the halfcourt line. testing our knowledge.

Watching joseph bring the ball up while one player posts up and everyone else stands there is maddening.
It's like you're saying we don't have much by way of a halfcourt offense.

Joseph REALLY struggles against pressure.

Joseph REALLY struggles against pressure.

I don't think its as much when he is dribbling as it is when he passes or picks up his dribble. He doesn't get picked while dribbling or get reached in on much. He does invite the bodying contact though, shows his youth.

It is really hard to swallow that what we are watching is a syracuse basketball team. A dead crowd, tons of mistakes and just overall no sense of team play or leadership.

I don't think its as much when he is dribbling as it is when he passes or picks up his dribble. He doesn't get picked or invite the bodying contact

Yeah - I would tend to agree. If the wings are pressured he still makes the pass - like he needs to get the ball out of his hands.

Enjoy the bench, BJ. Gotta be yanked after that abysmal lapse.

This is sloppy.

This is more akin at times to watching the last 5 minutes of a game we're winning by 30, than it is to late first half in a tight game. :(

Oh come on Chris.

I really expected him to be able to finish dunks, particularly ones like that...god he's so physically weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom