Lets see what this team is made of | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets see what this team is made of

Oh come on Chris.

I really expected him to be able to finish dunks, particularly ones like that...god he's so physically weak.
Honestly julie could have flushed that

It is really hard to swallow that what we are watching is a syracuse basketball team. A dead crowd, tons of mistakes and just overall no sense of team play or leadership.
I cannot get over how quiet the Dome is, and has been all year. It's been terrible. I know you have to have stuff to cheer for, but the players also feed off the crowd. It's a symbiotic relationship.

Oh, BJ. :(

Hopefully we get this together in the second half - that was ugly.

JB has shown a willingness to go back to Rak before, wonder why not today???

drop us a line when they are tone talking about beating our zone and la tech please.

Halftime means time to fix the null post and grab a tylenol.

might as well turn off the nova game for the moment as well they are talking about how villinova will attack our zone successfully.

Oh, BJ. :(

Hopefully we get this together in the second half - that was ugly.

JB has shown a willingness to go back to Rak before, wonder why not today???
I think he got the 2nd foul with 10 mins left. Just can't afford another

Orangezoo said:
This is not one player.. this is just a team that is really weak with the ball and overall inexperienced and lacking poise.
this would actually be a good win if we can get it. We did some good things in the first half.

this would actually be a good win if we can get it. We did some good things in the first half.

True. Any win will be a good win going forward really.

I know we have to be patient with Kaleb because he's a freshman who has been thrown into the deep end of the pool...but his play is poor on both ends of the court and is a major reason why this team struggles. His handle is too high and he gets picked against pressure. He hardly ever penetrates and creates anything for teammates. He stops at the 3 pt line and the ball just gets passed aimlessly around the perimeter. He may be the worst defensive guard we have had in ages at the top of the zone. Allows a lot of penetration for easy shots in the lane and doesn't guard the 3 pt line well either. The defense of both guards at the top is bad. I expect his game will get better over the years and he may be very good later on his career (as Scoop developed) but our problems right now are more than just shooting.

What is concerning about this years team is there is little sign of improvement through the first eight and a half games. Again today they look disorganized, undisciplined, sloppy, and generally prone to turning the ball over. This is a very atypical looking Cuse team. Nothing clicking on either end of the court. Gonna be interesting seeing what Boeheim can do over the next twelve weeks or so to improve this squad.

I think he got the 2nd foul with 10 mins left. Just can't afford another

I know - I'm fairly sure JB played him for the final 15 min in the first half against UMich though with two fouls (maybe a little less than 15, but not much).

I don't see Gbinje on the bench?
Apparently he was getting stretched out by Brad Pike at half. Could still be back in the locker room getting worked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom