Let's show up strong attendence wise on Saturday! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's show up strong attendence wise on Saturday!

Well lets get there first before we just give up, see what happens. I feel your pain, I think everybody here does

Agreed, its not about getting the people back from the Hey day of the late 80's and early 90's, unfortuately a lot of those fans are either no longer employed in Syracuse, dead or at an age where getting to a game isnt viable, or got so fed up there lost forever. A winning team over the course of 2-3 years could spark interest in that generation of younger fan who has never seen a consistent winner out of SU football. There are thousands of people in Syracue who don't follow the program that could become interested if SU put together some half decent teams.

Some people prefer watching the games at their house. To be honest, I enjoy watching football on TV occasionally more than in-person. Call me whatever you want.

I've stated this before. Some people would rather save the money, stay in their warm homes, watch the game on a 45 inch flat screen TV with replay (and other games on), than trek to the Dome. Can we really fault them for that?

It's easy for people on this board to get upset with attendance because we are all diehard fans; hence the reason we spend hours a day posting on a syracuse spots internet forum. Some people here just can't fathom doing anything else instead of going to watch "the greatest thing in the world" (as a poster once told me).

Some here are excited and a select few outside that, others just see 0-2, guy last night said to me, "Syracuse got blown out again Saturday I see"... is what it is. I wanted to pimp slab the douchebag.

Ugh same issue here, my one friend kept telling how USC was gonna hang 60 on us and then yesterday he tells me that he was surprised how well SU played and that they looked a lot better then he thought. Of course right after that he tells me there going 3-9 and how excited he is about FSU this year :bang:

Some people prefer watching the games at their house. To be honest, I enjoy watching football on TV occasionally more than in-person. Call me whatever you want.

I've stated this before. Some people would rather save the money, stay in their warm homes, watch the game on a 45 inch flat screen TV with replay (and other games on), than trek to the Dome. Can we really fault them for that?

It's easy for people on this board to get upset with attendance because we are all diehard fans; hence the reason we spend hours a day posting on a syracuse spots internet forum. Some people here just can't fathom doing anything else instead of going to watch "the greatest thing in the world" (as a poster once told me).

I'll call you the majority of Americans.

'Tis true.

People in CNY (w/o ties to the University) ......What do people here in CNY owe the football team?

Support a local business, which I believe is the largest employer in the Syracuse area. The success of the school and its sports programs brings revenue to the Syracuse area in many forms. A school that does not overspend the state's tax revenue (i.e. Rutgers) A school that gives back to the community. (i.e. Although they are tax exempt, pledging $500,000 a year for x number of years to the city for the services they may utilize)

I long for a day when our local sports radio station (theScore1260) doesn't decide to be a lead sponsor for a beer event happening at the exact time of the SU game.
Hey, Mike Lindsley needs to keep a job and sell ads. Can't blame him for not seeing the conflict as he doesn't know anything about football and obviously doesn't pay attention to SU playing the sport.

Hey, Mike Lindsley needs to keep a job and sell ads. Can't blame him for not seeing the conflict as he doesn't know anything about football and obviously doesn't pay attention to SU playing the sport.

Great point. I also know for a fact that Lindsley secured the promotion. I also know for a fact he secured a free ticket for himself to the beer event, so he probably won't even be attending the football game

If I had a dollar every time a thread like this came up and locals started fighting with alumni I'd be a millionaire.

If I had a dollar every time a thread like this came up and locals started fighting with alumni I'd be a millionaire.

If I had a dollar for every red sox championship in the last 90 years, well, I'd have less than a million dollars

If I had a dollar for every red sox championship in the last 90 years, well, I'd have less than a million dollars
I mean, i could say the same about the Yankees... Didn't really work as well it seemed in your mind, did it?:p

Also the Yankees just lost to the last place team in the AL East...

I'm both a local and an alumnus, and I lean towards the argument that if the team starts winning and plays entertaining football, locals and more alums will show up.

I think any increase in attendance is mostly dependent on our W-L record. We've been dismal for way too long. Look at most major sports and you'll find a correlation between the team's success and attendance.

Syracuse is no different.

I mean, i could say the same about the Yankees... Didn't really work as well it seemed in your mind, did it?:p

Also the Yankees just lost to the last place team in the AL East...

Yeah but at least I could buy a dome dog and a coke...Hahahahaha :)

I hope a bunch of pop warner teams show up and various other groups of kids for this game because it now seems obvious people just will come out with excuses until this team starts winning and meanwhile recruits come to Syracuse and see those nice empty seats and we all know that impresses the hell out of them when that happens. I think these kids that have worked their butts off deserve better.

I'm both a local and an alumnus, and I lean towards the argument that if the team starts winning and plays entertaining football, locals and more alums will show up.

I think any increase in attendance is mostly dependent on our W-L record. We've been dismal for way too long. Look at most major sports and you'll find a correlation between the team's success and attendance.

Syracuse is no different.

The question is what is the record needed for people to show up? 1999-2004 was not dismal and more likely the type of program we will be more often than not. But that wasn't good enough to have people show up. And even the last 2 years we have been a .500 ball club yet no one shows up. I can understand the GRob years and expect it. But the post McNabb P and Marrone years so far tell me the expectations in CNY are out of whack.

I am still in shock at the attendance in 2010 and early last year. What is the excuse there? After the GRob year's there should have been excitement over any W. When we were 3-1 in the BE and have momentum why did no one show up? When we were 4-2 and going for the club house lead with a decent shot at things breaking for a BCS Bowl, why did no one show up? When you are coming off a Bowl victory and have an exciting start to the year why did no one show up? We can go 7-5 every year for the next 5 years and the excuse will only change from SU sucks to SU can get over the hump. In CNY there seems to be a book they hand out for excuses.

It's the Dick and Jane book that they hand out everywhere, not just in Syracuse.

It's says ...win and play an interesting and hopefully exciting style of the sport and we will buy tickets.

There's a few exceptions..Red Sox in Boston. Cubs in Chicago.

It's pretty simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom