Life after the Carrier Dome? | Syracusefan.com

Life after the Carrier Dome?

After the Carrier Dome, I expect Syracuse to keep the tradition of the big crowds going. That is a recruiting edge and a huge money maker. A venue with seating anything less than 30,000 would foolish. Going forward, I would like the building/ court to have some sort of name with Boeheim in it He deserves it.

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

Our new venue needs to stand out much like the Dome does.

After the Carrier Dome, I expect Syracuse to keep the tradition of the big crowds going. That is a recruiting edge and a huge money maker. A venue with seating anything less than 30,000 would foolish. Going forward, I would like the building/ court to have some sort of name with Boeheim in it He deserves it.

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

Ideally, yes. Those names work. But in reality, it would most likely be something like the Pepsi Center or Otherconglomeratethatpeoplegoingtothegamedontreallycareabout arena.

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

Eamonn is an idiot. I wonder how much he pays ESPN to put his stuff in print.

He didn't do his research on manley either. It isn't used for volleyball anymore. It's only a practice facility for field sports now. There are college stadiums far older than the dome still being used today. The only reason to retire the dome would be if football outgrows it. Ultimately the weather isn't keeping people away on a nice Saturday. If the football team gets back to being an annual top 25 team attendance will get back to what it was.

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

What about The House That Daryl Built?

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

Leave Carrier out of the name.

Where are the articles wondering about life after Phog Allen Fieldhouse, Assembly Hall, Madison Square Garden, Pauley Pavilion, and Cameron Indoor Stadium, given that they're all much older than the Carrier Dome?

The G-Rob Cathedral

Thee Orange Bowl (Now that we will play Clemson annually.)

Honestly name that the Cathedral.

Plenty of our opponents wish we'd retire the dome as well. Any true fan is willing to deal with the heat and humidity knowing the type of hell it puts our opponents through. Also there is the noise level that is hard to replicate with crowds twice as large when it gets loud.

I can see why opposing fans and players would prefer more cozy confines though. Perhaps their seats and locker rooms can be sponsered by tampax

Possible names I like:
The Palace of Syracuse
The Boeheim Cener
Carrier Center
Syracuse Colosseum

But we already have a place that stands out, and we already have a court named after Boeheim, and we already have a place that can accommodate 30K people. Why spend all this money on something that isn't necessary?

But we already have a place that stands out, and we already have a court named after Boeheim, and we already have a place that can accommodate 30K people. Why spend all this money on something that isn't necessary?

The Dome won't be around forever lol

Where are the articles wondering about life after Phog Allen Fieldhouse, Assembly Hall, Madison Square Garden, Pauley Pavilion, and Cameron Indoor Stadium, given that they're all much older than the Carrier Dome?
Cameron is disgusting. Seriously!

I'm all for modernizing the Dome and sprucing it up cosmetically, as needed. But I hope we play in it for another 30 years. It is the single most famous thing associated with the city of Syracuse. Even though it has all the bells and whistles and I'm sure is a beautiful arena, I have no interest whatsoever of playing in some soulless equivalent of the KFC Yum Center.

Wow, the writer obviously needed to produce something just attract views on his ESPN blog, but that was bad. SU obviously will eventually replace the Dome, but if he thinks the SU leadership will act like buffoons and not realize basketball attendance requires bigger space for its fanbase and to host potential NCAA regionals he is an idiot.

The arena idea sounds like a non-starter. It just seems that the university and/or city is not rich enough to have a new football stadium and a new basketball/hockey arena. Where would the money for that come from? So when they see the need to retire the dome, it would appear destined to be replaced by another football stadium that also houses basketball.

Further, it would seem the dome has plenty of life left in it when you consider possible refurbishment, upgrades, etc. The roof is the only thing that has a short lifespan and it has already been replaced at least once.

Wow, the writer obviously needed to produce something just attract views on his ESPN blog, but that was bad. SU obviously will eventually replace the Dome, but if he thinks the SU leadership will act like buffoons and not realize basketball attendance requires bigger space for its fanbase and to host potential NCAA regionals he is an idiot.
My understanding is that they already have plans for a new replacement multi-use retractable roof Dome at Skytop.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Plans? Perhaps. Funds? Dream on.
Exactly. If it's taken us this long to fund an IPF for football, how long would it take to fund a $100+million arena. I'd rather see the exterior of the dome given an orange and blue treatment and the interior upgraded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom