Lifting Thread | Syracusefan.com

Lifting Thread

Steven just hit a 450 bench this morning. For now, he's got the biggest bench on the team. Hopefully will be able to get close to 500 by the end of the summer.
Cool. Slingshot or no?

I can still put up 375 as someone who will be 45 in a couple months. I'll get to 4 plates before I really regress haha.

And I'm happy when I can hit 270 as a 47 year old. Man I got a long way to go :(

What do you weigh, if you don't mind me asking?

I can still put up 375 as someone who will be 45 in a couple months. I'll get to 4 plates before I really regress haha.
Cool! Being able to get that weight at that age is an accomplishment. Make sure, though, that you take it easy and not go max, or near-max, too terribly often. Our middle-aged, or 50+ year old bodies can't take that kind of stress for too long before falling apart.

And I'm happy when I can hit 270 as a 47 year old. Man I got a long way to go :(

240lbs. 12% bf. Just over 6' tall.

Cool! Being able to get that weight at that age is an accomplishment. Make sure, though, that you take it easy and not go max, or near-max, too terribly often. Our middle-aged, or 50+ year old bodies can't take that kind of stress for too long before falling apart.
Rarely do I ever 1 rep max. Usually stop at 335 for a triple on 5th set.

Rarely do I ever 1 rep max. Usually stop at 335 for a triple on 5th set.

I was using 5-3-1, but have switched over to the Texas Method. My bench had been stagnant so I'm hoping the switch will help. My squats are already going up, but I have to be careful because I don't have any cartilage in my knees (I get injections). I can still go past parallel, which is good.

I was using 5-3-1, but have switched over to the Texas Method. My bench had been stagnant so I'm hoping the switch will help. My squats are already going up, but I have to be careful because I don't have any cartilage in my knees (I get injections). I can still go past parallel, which is good.
Gotta get those glutes going deep! Yeah my knees are shot too. Broke my patella 3 years back.

I'm 48 and just did 340 i'm trying to keep pace with my boy every bone in my body hurts after that rep I could not have gotten 341 it was that close I have to wrap everything and warm up really well which I never used to do . ages just a number go to the health food store and get yourself a natural testosterone booster if you're 40 and over it makes all the difference I was just at my nephews bodybuilding contest and they had a 50 and over division and man these guys were jacked

Also I will never ever squat again or dead lift for that matter just plain hurts

Also I will never ever squat again or dead lift for that matter just plain hurts

Which is funny because if it wasn't for the squat and deadlift, I am positive my knees would be worse off. And I haven't had issues with my C5 (which I've had since I was 20 for the last several years thanks to the deadlift. But, I agree, there's a point that you have to be careful as your body starts to break down.

That's heavy I was never a great squatter my short Italian arms are made for pressing

Try 5x5. It works. Unreal progrsssion

Yep.

Was into my 3rd set of a 5x5 with 515 on my back.
You were squatting 515 twenty five times?!? Why weren't you doing mad cow? That's a crapload of weight for those reps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom