Lifting Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lifting Thread

I think I'm starting to get there. I'm 40. I think if I can just work 225 for squat/bench/deads that's enough. Do functional strength stuff like farmer carries, yokes. And maybe try the yoga stuff if I can figure out how not to embarrass myself

No chance. You will embarrass yourself...

But, if you keep at it, your muscles will get leaner, longer, more flexible and much less prone to injury...

And my workouts now incorporate a ton of yoga...

I may start out with trips of something like 6 sets of different types of pull-ups, going immediately into some type of core exercise, going immeidately into deads or squats or leg presses with 40 secs between each set..

Then maybe do 5 sets of bench going immeidately into different inversions (forearm stand, hand stand, head stand etc...) with 40 secs rest bet between each

And then do something like dumbell presses going immediately into some type of balance pose (warrior 3 or standing hand to toe) going immediately into cable rows...with 40 secs in-between...

I expend more energy during the balance poses and inversions then I do lifting...

Doing supers or trips or even quads with 40 secs of rest, I am total toast after about 45 mins...

No chance. You will embarrass yourself...

But, if you keep at it, your muscles will get leaner, longer, more flexible and much less prone to injury...

And my workouts now incorporate a ton of yoga...

I may start out with trips of something like 6 sets of different types of pull-ups, going immediately into some type of core exercise, going immeidately into deads or squats or leg presses with 40 secs between each set..

Then maybe do 5 sets of bench going immeidately into different inversions (forearm stand, hand stand, head stand etc...) with 40 secs rest bet between each

And then do something like dumbell presses going immediately into some type of balance pose (warrior 3 or standing hand to toe) going immediately into cable rows...with 40 secs in-between...

I expend more energy during the balance poses and inversions then I do lifting...

Doing supers or trips or even quads with 40 secs of rest, I am total toast after about 45 mins...

I need to get into yoga. Did it somewhat regularly a few years back but only sporadically since. After a bad ankle sprain 3 years ago it seems I haven't had any sort of consistency in workouts because the ankle is always bugging me and lost so much mobility. A lot of mental too... was so careless with the ankle now anytime something feels off im obsessive over it. All black and white haha. And I'm just 26! I gotta try to handle stress better though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom