light buld just turned on | Syracusefan.com

light buld just turned on

310Pigpen

Starter
I was just thinking how the crowd noise on tv is not as loud as when your actually at the game and thought that the announcers should just shut up for a few seconds and just let the crowd play into the tv as loud as if you were actually there. Kind of like in nascar when they have the camera next to the asphalt and all you hear is the cars whipping by.

Announcers not talking won't help. CBS and ESPN broadcasts reduce crowd noise on purpose.

I was just thinking how the crowd noise on tv is not as loud as when your actually at the game and thought that the announcers should just shut up for a few seconds and just let the crowd play into the tv as loud as if you were actually there. Kind of like in nascar when they have the camera next to the asphalt and all you hear is the cars whipping by.

Time to get a new "buld" Pigpen.

That said, I thought it was harder to hear the CBS guys this weekend than it has ever been to hear the ESPN guys.

I couldn't hear people sitting next to me for much of the game, but there's also plenty of short spurts where the crowd is almost dead silent. I'm not sure where you would mount the microphone to get objective sound perspective without drowning out the actual game sounds (ambiance of the ball/players, whistles, fouls etc.)even with mics set up on the court ... but I'd be more worried about the really awkward periods of silence if there were no commentary.

That said, I thought it was harder to hear the CBS guys this weekend than it has ever been to hear the ESPN guys.

I agree with this. I had to keep yelling at my kids to be quiet because I was having trouble hearing Kellogg and Lundquist. Kept turning up the TV and realized it wasn't helping...they just weren't clear over the background noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom