Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Cusefan69

All Conference
I don't think you can lump in a "covid season" with a "flu season." There is nothing that indicates weather has any effect on covid like it does on the flu.

I'm sure we'll be hearing updates in the coming months on whether a booster is necessary either ro address variants or to sustain immunity.
I am not linking articles but if you want to search online there are a few recent studies and articles suggesting that there are correlations between covid, temperature and latitudes from what appears to be legitimate sources. I am certainly not trying to convince anyone about this. You can do what you want to stay informed. Perhaps I should make sure I preface any comments with "this is my understanding but certainly my understanding may not be 100% accurate." Though I do my best to stay educated on the facts, sometimes I may not recall them as well as I used to. To be clear there are no political motives in my comments either. Anyway, hopefully we can enjoy some games in person this fall. I have seasons and am looking forward to it.

sufandu

Living Legend
I am not linking articles but if you want to search online there are a few recent studies and articles suggesting that there are correlations between covid, temperature and latitudes from what appears to be legitimate sources. I am certainly not trying to convince anyone about this. You can do what you want to stay informed. Perhaps I should make sure I preface any comments with "this is my understanding but certainly my understanding may not be 100% accurate." Though I do my best to stay educated on the facts, sometimes I may not recall them as well as I used to. To be clear there are no political motives in my comments either. Anyway, hopefully we can enjoy some games in person this fall. I have seasons and am looking forward to it.
I haven't searched or read the articles but I remember last year some experts pointed out that hot places like Singapore weren't fairing much better early on than cooler places.

I'm guessing that vaccination will be far enough along by next fall that they should be able to allow full capacity. Here's hoping.

Last edited:

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
As I understand it there was an exploratory effort to see if we could fund replacing the lower bowl seating rather than reinstalling the benches when they were taken out during construction. We xould not come up with the funding at the time, so upgraded seating went back on the future enhancements wish list. Don;t expect anything until 2024 at the earliest.
Awwwww, I’ll be dead by then. Cause of death: back pain.

JRHEETER

All Conference
ny is getting rid of most restrictions may 19, but im sure the masks will stay until july at minimum
NY restrictions lifted are what I like to call fake restrictions lifted.

sure a bar/restaurant can have 100% capacity but everyone needs to be 6 feet apart.

which then means most places are at full capacity at about 50% unless your place was so massive and you already super spreaded all of your tables.

longtimefan

All American
NY restrictions lifted are what I like to call fake restrictions lifted.

sure a bar/restaurant can have 100% capacity but everyone needs to be 6 feet apart.

which then means most places are at full capacity at about 50% unless your place was so massive and you already super spreaded all of your tables.
"Super spread" might not be the term to use. ;)

storange

All Conference
Broadway theaters go up to about 2,000 seats. If you can put 2000 indoors without any distancing then why not 30 to 45 k

721Comstock

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder
Is this a serious question? Bit of a difference between 2,000 and 40,000

Are those B-way fans standing and screaming and high-fiving for 3+ hours?
While eating and drinking non-stop in their seats?

Do they pre-game outside the theatre for several hours prior?

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
The guidelines will most likely be conservative for attending indoor events, and anything floated now, might well change in the fall anyways.

Bayside44

Are those B-way fans standing and screaming and high-fiving for 3+ hours?
While eating and drinking non-stop in their seats?

Do they pre-game outside the theatre for several hours prior?

You can do two of three at least.

sufandu

Living Legend
Is this a serious question? Bit of a difference between 2,000 and 40,000
I don't know that it is when consider the size of the venue. It's more about proximity to other people that total bodies in the room. And I have been someone that has been against moving back to normal too quickly.