Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can lump in a "covid season" with a "flu season." There is nothing that indicates weather has any effect on covid like it does on the flu.

I'm sure we'll be hearing updates in the coming months on whether a booster is necessary either ro address variants or to sustain immunity.
I am not linking articles but if you want to search online there are a few recent studies and articles suggesting that there are correlations between covid, temperature and latitudes from what appears to be legitimate sources. I am certainly not trying to convince anyone about this. You can do what you want to stay informed. Perhaps I should make sure I preface any comments with "this is my understanding but certainly my understanding may not be 100% accurate." Though I do my best to stay educated on the facts, sometimes I may not recall them as well as I used to. To be clear there are no political motives in my comments either. Anyway, hopefully we can enjoy some games in person this fall. I have seasons and am looking forward to it.

I am not linking articles but if you want to search online there are a few recent studies and articles suggesting that there are correlations between covid, temperature and latitudes from what appears to be legitimate sources. I am certainly not trying to convince anyone about this. You can do what you want to stay informed. Perhaps I should make sure I preface any comments with "this is my understanding but certainly my understanding may not be 100% accurate." Though I do my best to stay educated on the facts, sometimes I may not recall them as well as I used to. To be clear there are no political motives in my comments either. Anyway, hopefully we can enjoy some games in person this fall. I have seasons and am looking forward to it.
I haven't searched or read the articles but I remember last year some experts pointed out that hot places like Singapore weren't fairing much better early on than cooler places.

I'm guessing that vaccination will be far enough along by next fall that they should be able to allow full capacity. Here's hoping.

Last edited:
As I understand it there was an exploratory effort to see if we could fund replacing the lower bowl seating rather than reinstalling the benches when they were taken out during construction. We xould not come up with the funding at the time, so upgraded seating went back on the future enhancements wish list. Don;t expect anything until 2024 at the earliest.
Awwwww, I’ll be dead by then. Cause of death: back pain.

ny is getting rid of most restrictions may 19, but im sure the masks will stay until july at minimum
NY restrictions lifted are what I like to call fake restrictions lifted.

sure a bar/restaurant can have 100% capacity but everyone needs to be 6 feet apart.

which then means most places are at full capacity at about 50% unless your place was so massive and you already super spreaded all of your tables.

NY restrictions lifted are what I like to call fake restrictions lifted.

sure a bar/restaurant can have 100% capacity but everyone needs to be 6 feet apart.

which then means most places are at full capacity at about 50% unless your place was so massive and you already super spreaded all of your tables.
"Super spread" might not be the term to use. ;)

Broadway theaters go up to about 2,000 seats. If you can put 2000 indoors without any distancing then why not 30 to 45 k

Is this a serious question? Bit of a difference between 2,000 and 40,000

Are those B-way fans standing and screaming and high-fiving for 3+ hours?
While eating and drinking non-stop in their seats?

Do they pre-game outside the theatre for several hours prior?

The guidelines will most likely be conservative for attending indoor events, and anything floated now, might well change in the fall anyways.

You can do two of three at least.

Haven’t been to many Broadway shows, do they ? Heard those Lion King tailgates blew the Browns gatherings away.

Is this a serious question? Bit of a difference between 2,000 and 40,000
I don't know that it is when you consider the size of the venue. It's more about proximity to other people that total bodies in the room. And I have been someone that has been against moving back to normal too quickly.

Last edited:
Syracuse should do the same concept as the Yankees and Mets just announced. Full capacity for vaccinated fans and a section of socially distanced fans for non vaccinated fans. Simple.
I don't think that'll be necessary. The level of vaccination should be way higher by the fall. Baseball is doing their best to accommodate the current status.

I don't think that'll be necessary. The level of vaccination should be way higher by the fall. Baseball is doing their best to accommodate the current status.
That’s true, assuming that it would be full capacity with proof of vaccination at the gate for entry. Wonder if that would sway anybody’s decision on getting the vaccine if they were planning on not getting it.

NY opening Yankees and Mets games to 100% capacity for vaccinated people effective May 19, will retain some sections at 33% for those who are not.

the Yankees and Mets will also be providing vaccinations on site during games and if you get vaccinated you will also get a free ticket to a future game.

I’ll go out on a limb and say we will be near 100% by Sept (at least available) Cuomo has moved dramatically in the last few weeks, positive rate is falling steadily, and we still have 4 months. Get ready for some football friends.

NY opening Yankees and Mets games to 100% capacity for vaccinated people effective May 19, will retain some sections at 33% for those who are not.
Total logistical nightmare. Would be almost impossible to police and I honestly can't see them doing this. Just wait until it's back to 100% with no restrictions.

That being said, I expect capacity to be back to 100% by July.

Status
Not open for further replies.