Listening to press conference. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Listening to press conference.

I like Scott Shafer, he seems like a great guy. However, his job is as a head coach of a DI football program. By mentioning the world problems he is completely deflecting the real issues - and those are football issues, Syracuse Football issues. Whether its lack of talent, poor OC performance, weather or what ever - his job is the Head Coach of SU Football. Something needs to change and Shafer has not shown the capability to make those changes.

I've been mostly a very positive person regarding SU Football and felt that in the last few years we were starting to get back on track but this year has been, so far, very disappointing. I will continue to watch and root for SU but now I have no expectations or excitement in what this team can accomplish.

I do hope that Gross does something sooner than later - I do not want a repeat of how Gross gave GROB all those years to continue the downward plunge into football obscurity.

I like Scott Shafer, he seems like a great guy. However, his job is as a head coach of a DI football program. By mentioning the world problems he is completely deflecting the real issues - and those are football issues, Syracuse Football issues. Whether its lack of talent, poor OC performance, weather or what ever - his job is the Head Coach of SU Football. Something needs to change and Shafer has not shown the capability to make those changes.

I've been mostly a very positive person regarding SU Football and felt that in the last few years we were starting to get back on track but this year has been, so far, very disappointing. I will continue to watch and root for SU but now I have no expectations or excitement in what this team can accomplish.

I do hope that Gross does something sooner than later - I do not want a repeat of how Gross gave GROB all those years to continue the downward plunge into football obscurity.

Good post. I share a lot of those same viewpoints. I also--sadly--share your conclusion. I think I've seen enough.

He said about 5 times in the presser, "We're gonna work our asses off". You mean they weren't before???
funny-pictures-work-smarter-not-harder-turtle-skateboard.jpg

Oh, and here is something else that I noticed last year that I have not seen mentioned. During all the pre-season interviews, including ACC interviews, Scott always mentioned that we are Syracuse and we get hard-working players to come in here - he essentially acquiesced that we have no chance to compete for a NC and that we can't compete with elite programs to get that level of talent.

As much positive energy as there was with the Shafer promotion, this always stood out at me and I was conflicted by the thought that he was being honest, for the near future, and that the job of the HC is to get his team ready to win every freaking game we play, whether its FSU, Alabama, NW, Rutgers, UCONN - which ever team. I always felt Shafer had a slightly defeatist attitude during those interviews and also all the deflections he continues to bring up.

He needs to be upset. I want him pissed off at how the team is performing. I don't want McD to say "F-it", I want Shafer to so say "F-it" and then do something about it.

GoSU96 said:
Ah, to many nonsense on 3rd downs to. Rush there drop 8 all past the sticks and fail to stop the QB scramble before a first. Then brings all out blitzes that Louisville runs draws into. Unsound on both ends. Why not play straight up instead of gimmicky. It's one thing to bring the house on 3rd and long, it's another to do it on medium distances, just make it to easy and obvious.
Agree. I'm not doing backflips over him.

Ah, to many nonsense on 3rd downs to. Rush there drop 8 all past the sticks and fail to stop the QB scramble before a first. Then brings all out blitzes that Louisville runs draws into.

Unsound on both ends. Why not play straight up instead of gimmicky. It's one thing to bring the house on 3rd and long, it's another to do it on medium distances, just make it to easy and obvious.

Or the swing pass we got destroyed by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom