Live Streaming Of JoePa's Statue Coming Down | Syracusefan.com

Live Streaming Of JoePa's Statue Coming Down

I now believe that, contrary to its original intention, Coach Paterno's statue has become a source of division and an obstacle to healing in our University and beyond. For that reason, I have decided that it is in the best interest of our university and public safety to remove the statue and store it in a secure location.

How come we knew that they weren't going to destroy it. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I now believe that, contrary to its original intention, Coach Paterno's statue has become a source of division and an obstacle to healing in our University and beyond. For that reason, I have decided that it is in the best interest of our university and public safety to remove the statue and store it in a secure location.

How come we knew that they weren't going to destroy it. What a bunch of hypocrites.

They've done the right and the highly symbolic thing.

Asking them to destroy the statue seems to me like middle eastern "justice". The guy's reputation has been destroyed. His statue has been removed. He's dead. There's a limit to revenge.

Just read the thread about this on PSU scout board. 3% get it. 97% still making asses out of themselves.

It's utterly amazing how myopic that fan base is.

oh God, now they're chanting "We are...Penn State!"

Asking them to destroy the statue seems to me like middle eastern "justice". The guy's reputation has been destroyed. His statue has been removed. He's dead. There's a limit to revenge.
I just feel that if they are going to take a stance on this issue they need to think it through. How does it help the situation by having that statue sitting in a warehouse somewhere collecting dust.

I can't watch, because I end up reading the chat comments and it makes sad/angry/incredulous that I live in the same country as the commenters.

Interesting shot...Like be led to the gallows.

AyaADJ-CAAAvJPj.jpg

The comments following the article in the State College area paper (Centre Daily Times) are pretty sickening. Apparently the entire Freeh report was hearsay and Joe in no way ran things there. Some clearly think he's the ultimate victim here.

How long until Penn St starts selling pictures of the statue being removed?

Gotta make a few bucks of this one last time!

Will be interesting to see where the statue ends up. Maybe in a restricted area so that the most ardent worshippers donors and alums can still see it and pay homage.

Will be interesting to see where the statue ends up. Maybe in a restricted area so that the most ardent worshippers donors and alums can still see it and pay homage.
Moving it to a different location on campus doesn't help Penn St's case any. They have to put it in the basement where nobody can see it. Or just destroy it somehow, some way.

The statement by the PSU President said it would be 'store[d] in a secure location'. I actually think JoeCollege is right. it obviously will not be destroyed.

I think destruction is the only answer. Keeping it sends the wrong message and opens up an entire "black market" of people getting access to the statue, pics, etc., that will keep the issue alive for ever. If I were an administrator there, I'd push to eliminate the entire little plaza where it sat, as it will be in the media every time this scandal, or PSU football is, as a reminder of the event. Taking it out is one less visceral reminder for the cameras and talking heads to fixate on.

But they won't do that.

I think Erickson has signed his own termination papers with most of the alumni base by allowing this to happen. They'll be livid over the whitewashing of JoePa from their beloved football program university.

I am sure they have set aside an area that will be a 'secret shrine' room where they will bring players (past and present), big time donors, and honored alums to kneel at the altar of Paterno.

I think Erickson has signed his own termination papers with most of the alumni base by allowing this to happen. They'll be livid over the whitewashing of JoePa from their beloved football program university.
I was thinking the same thing about Erickson. I think the BOT brought him in as a Board of Directors brings in a corporate axeman to liquidate divisions - let someone else do the dirty work and then move on. I doubt he will be President a year from now.

Taking it down is step one. Step two is what happens with it. Some PedSt folks think it will end up in the football museum inside the stadium.

That doesn't do anything except to move it away from vandals yet continue to honor an enabler of child abuse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Taking it down is step one. Step two is what happens with it. Some PedSt folks think it will end up in the football museum inside the stadium.

That's what I was alluding to in another post.

Like I said in my perspectives thread, the consensus around State College is, "Let the punishment fit the crime: the perp is in jail, the coverup perps are dead or fired, we're all getting trained in mandated reporting, and let's move on." If Penn State took that approach in their self report or whatever to the NCAA, and sentiment at the NCAA is close to the outrage on these boards, my guess is that NCAA is not pleased. Probably behind closed doors, other Presidents are telling the NCAA it's time to make a serious example or lose all credibility.

Tomorrow will be interesting to say the least.

Sorry if already discussed, but what's happening tomorrow?

NCAA penalties announced which obviously PedSt must have agreed to.

NCAA penalties announced which obviously PedSt must have agreed to.

Thx - missed the date for the announcement. I was too busy getting my Ogundeko Announcement party ready. Now I have to cancel the caterers. ;)

Looks like the workers behind that blue screen are pissing on the statue.

You are a decent person Townie and I think it is hard for you to understand these cultists. I would not trust PSU not to put the statue back up after the NCAA decides on a course of action. These people are crazy. If I were a victim I would demand the statue never appear in public again on the on the PSU campus.