Local eats | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

4evaOrange

Go kick rocks you goober!!!
So I just had Glazed and Confused for the first time, had the milk and cookies, French toast, buckeye, cinnamon bun, salted caramel apple, and was very happy with the result. Not to sweet not overpowering, nice crunch to the freshness. Just a very nice taste.

So looking for what other local places around Syracuse/surrounding areas are there to check out. Not just baked obv, anything you know of.
Am planning on trying The Toast in caz at some point.

So I just had Glazed and Confused for the first time, had the milk and cookies, French toast, buckeye, cinnamon bun, salted caramel apple, and was very happy with the result. Not to sweet not overpowering, nice crunch to the freshness. Just a very nice taste.

So looking for what other local places around Syracuse/surrounding areas are there to check out. Not just baked obv, anything you know of.
Am planning on trying The Toast in caz at some point.
Rise and Shine on Wescott Street.

Rise and Shine on Wescott Street.

Yep that’s on the list

Dark Horse Tavern
Ruston’s for breakfast
Salt City Market
Eva’s

One of my team members loves Finally Ours for breakfast
I like Tres Primos for Mexican /Tex/Mex

Dark Horse Tavern
Ruston’s for breakfast
Salt City Market
Eva’s
Where are all of these? And what they serving ?
One of my team members loves Finally Ours for breakfast
I like Tres Primos for Mexican /Tex/Mex
Tell me a little more about finallh ours….please
I do like Mexican….mhmmmm

Dark Horse Tavern - in a small strip mall in Dewitt on E. Genesee St. Very small space, lots of regulars, great pub food.

Ruston’s for breakfast - in Jamesville at the end of Rock Cut Road. Old white house that looks like it might fall over. Solid diner food, good service, and very popular with the regulars. The opposite of fancy.

Salt City Market - Downtown on South Salina near the Landmark Theatre. Many small food outlets under one roof. I haven’t been in a bit, but a super addition to downtown.

Eva’s - In Solvay about a mile from the fairgrounds. Super tasty polish quisine. Great desserts. Feels like my grandmas house.

Here is a review of Finally Ours not long after it opened. I have never eaten there but every time I drive by the one on Seneca Turnpike, it is packed.

If you like diners, Gardenview Diner might be worth checking out. It is on Old Liverpool Road, not far from the Electronics Parkway intersection. I like the B'Ville dinner in Baldwinsville too. Both have big menus, good food and fair prices.

Rio Grande is a Mexican restaurant in the village of Liverpool. It used to be a Burger King. It features fresh, good quality authentic Mexican food at good prices. Always seems to have a full parking lot.

Couple of good, relatively new sandwich shops on the East Side:

I do love a good sandwich.
I do wanna try this place too Touch of Broadway NY Style Delicatessen Restaurant

Being that I’m down 120 pounds wanna be able to treat myself to new places and good atmospheres.

I really like Peachtree. My wife hates Peachtree. I have no idea why.

That’s weird. I could see it not really being someone’s thing (the menu is somewhat limited), but hate?

The Cheeseburger Sub from Oswego Sub Shop is the best sandwich I've ever had in my life. I fantasize about it sometimes.

I do love a good sandwich.
I do wanna try this place too Touch of Broadway NY Style Delicatessen Restaurant

Being that I’m down 120 pounds wanna be able to treat myself to new places and good atmospheres.

Highly recommend!

That’s weird. I could see it not really being someone’s thing (the menu is somewhat limited), but hate?

I hate their parking lot.

But their staff are really friendly and 100% of the food I've tried there (which probably constitutes most of the menu - kids' chicken fingers, brisket, plain burger, brisket burger, club sandwich, BLT, fried chicken sandwich, pimento cheese, french fries) is not good but great.

Guadalajara on West Water Street is another really good Mexican place with a deep menu.

Phenomenal

Great Diner, a victim of its own success as its packed like the SU concourses at halftime on the weekends. Took two legendary board members there for the first time this weekend.

One of our best assets is Caribbean immigrants who go crazy in the kitchen. The Jerk Hut on the south side has some killer Jamaican food. There are a couple Jamaican places down town too but not as good as this one IMO. The oxtail there is as good as it gets. The heart attack is worth it.

Las Delicias on Westcott street is Cuban/Dominican and everything is good except the fries. Also a ton of food for not too much money. Good oxtail there too (yes I have a problem).

Esquina Habanera is a cuban place I have only tried twice and have heard some mixed reviews for certain menu items, but their ropa vieja (slow cooked beef) is so. damn. good.

Highly recommend!

I hate their parking lot.

But their staff are really friendly and 100% of the food I've tried there (which probably constitutes most of the menu - kids' chicken fingers, brisket, plain burger, brisket burger, club sandwich, BLT, fried chicken sandwich, pimento cheese, french fries) is not good but great.
Yeah, that lot is a bear. Reminded me that plaza was the original location of The All Night Egg Plant (which morphed from Pizza King on Marshall Street), now located in Chimney's Plaza on Bridge Street.