Local kid could become one of most powerful | Syracusefan.com

Local kid could become one of most powerful

TampaLaker

Scout Team
men in college sports.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/sec_promotes_greg_sankey_to_ov.html

Greg grew up between Skaneateles and Auburn. Hard to believe he went to a little Christian school that was in a church with about 30 kids from K-12 in Auburn. I have know him since high school (before??). He eventually married the daughter of our pastor in Skaneateles, who is now the pastor of my church here in FL. She usually comes to visit a couple times a year.

Congrats to Greg...

...And a Syracuse University alumnus.

men in college sports.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/sec_promotes_greg_sankey_to_ov.html

Greg grew up between Skaneateles and Auburn. Hard to believe he went to a little Christian school that was in a church with about 30 kids from K-12 in Auburn. I have know him since high school (before??). He eventually married the daughter of our pastor in Skaneateles, who is now the pastor of my church here in FL. She usually comes to visit a couple times a year.

Congrats to Greg...

Blessed Trinity? I live in Auburn. What year you graduate?

Sorry... he went to a very small Baptist church school. Non-traditional, more like today's home-schooling movement. Think the name of the church was Emanuel Baptist Church, but it is not even listed in existence anymore. I am from Skaneateles. Only one Baptist church there. Greg's family started attending the church in Skaneateles regularly while I was in college. When I graduated, I moved home to make some $$ before going to grad school. We used to play pickup ball at Waterman Elementary every Monday night with guys from the church including Greg.

best story on the board, including the hoops board--always good to hear about successful folks from upstate. although orangenauburn, i am not sure sister walter anne would appreciate the drawing above your name(being a veteran of 12yr of parochial school myself):)