LOL. Board is imploding! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LOL. Board is imploding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres an article on teams Panic Meter. SU not even on the list, is that because it isnt time to panic or are we soo much an afterthought and irrelevant that the losing is normal?

College basketball panic meter: Laughable Louisville, frustrating TCU, uninspiring UNC
This article says: “Quincy Guerrier hasn't made a 3-pointer yet after sinking a career-high 52% last season.” I don’t know where they got that 52 percent number but apparently they just made it up. In fact he shot 32.7 percent from 3 last year.

Your last sentence is very wrong. FSU & Louisville appear to be complete garbage too, so that will help. But we will be far from fine, unless below .500 is "fine."
Most of the ACC is a dumpster on fire. Horrible start to the conference and we haven’t even played in any tournaments yet. UCONN beat Buffalo last night by 20 and Buffalo beat Colgate.

We're irrelevant. Outside of an occasional "what happened to Syracuse" column or Gameday piece I doubt we'll be hearing about ourselves too much. We're Depaul.
This is delusional, comparing Syracuse, a team with 1 losing season in 45 to DePaul, who has had 17 in the last 18… I get its hyperbole but at least use a decent comparison

The latter
Another indictment of the decline

This Is Fine GIF

This is delusional, comparing Syracuse, a team with 1 losing season in 45 to DePaul, who has had 17 in the last 18… I get its hyperbole but at least use a decent comparison
But if your not getting ranked or making the tournament, your basically irrelevant

I describe us as Temple with a 30k seat dome both programs high on the wins list but irrelevant today

But if your not getting ranked or making the tournament, your basically irrelevant

I describe us as Temple with a 30k seat dome both programs high on the wins list but irrelevant today
I don’t disagree, but there’s a difference between irrelevancy in the sense of not meeting expectations versus failing to win 10 games multiple seasons in a row. I think one means you might as well pack up the program and give up while the other means you need to find a fix

Heres an article on teams Panic Meter. SU not even on the list, is that because it isnt time to panic or are we soo much an afterthought and irrelevant that the losing is normal?

College basketball panic meter: Laughable Louisville, frustrating TCU, uninspiring UNC
The sad truth is that Syracuse used to be one of the premier programs in the country.
It is now all but irrelevant.

Comparables (based on last year's standings):
Misouri in the Southeastern
Oregon State in the PAC 12 (or whatever it is now)
And...yes, Rutgers in the Big 10

Middle of the pack...nothing special...bubble or low-seed in the tournament.

We're fans...so we still hold the Orange in high regard.
The rest of the country doesn't.
The fact is that the luster is gone.

This article says: “Quincy Guerrier hasn't made a 3-pointer yet after sinking a career-high 52% last season.” I don’t know where they got that 52 percent number but apparently they just made it up. In fact he shot 32.7 percent from 3 last year.
I didnt read it, just scanned if SU was on it

When you have a losing season and follow that up with losing at home to Colgate for the 2nd year in a row and it doesn't set off alarm bells from College bball writers, its because your an afterthought.

I blame Boehiem for being selfish and thinking he is bigger than the program as Dasher describes as coasting and not putting in the time. Not realizing he is running the program into the ground and destroying his legacy at the same time.

I blame the administration for letting him get out of a succession plan after his 2nd NCAA penalty. That made him untouchable and answerable to no one. Thats a bad situation in any organization.

I blame this season on constructing a roster like he is still in 90s. Relying on 6 freshman when other programs pound the portal to upgrade their roster. The excuse "were young" doesnt really fly in 2022 when you have a transfer portal at your disposal.

We're Depaul in terms of national relevance.

We have fundamental strengths that Depaul can only dream of, which makes the last several years even more head scratching.

People this is not 1980's or 1990's Colgate. Look at Belmont. They are now Belmont. Shooters, good passing and offense. Disciplined. Beat many power 5 teams and always compete in NCAA tourney. We are young and really rebuilding with some nice pieces. Gonna be fine in ACC this year
"Beat many power 5 teams..."

Besides Syracuse, who did they beat in 2021-22 ? 2020-21 ? 2019-20 ?

We're Depaul in terms of national relevance.

We have fundamental strengths that Depaul can only dream of, which makes the last several years even more head scratching.
So are 300+ other teams then? Like I’m just not sure how Syracuse and DePaul are in the same boat at all…

What’s really sad is that JB has forgotten how good his formers players were. If he really thinks this is his best freshman class, that’s a telltale sign. The two and three spots are extremely weak. After Joe, there is no two guard on the roster and no one is coming in next year.

So are 300+ other teams then? Like I’m just not sure how Syracuse and DePaul are in the same boat at all…

Exactly. We used to be a program that was constantly in prime time, featured on Game day, hyped games and players. And now we're Depaul and the 300+ programs that no one cares about.

Exactly. We used to be a program that was constantly in prime time, featured on Game day, hyped games and players. And now we're Depaul and the 300+ programs that no one cares about.
I gotcha, I thought you were comparing Syracuse to a bottom 100 program

Come on. This team is built around two seniors expected to provide the bulk of the offense, and the first guard off the bench is a senior.
I think the core, the heart of this team are the 7 new guys plus Benny. They have to to figure things out and gel with the upperclassmen as a team. It will take a some time, but I think they can do it.

At this point, we are a very young team, like romper room young. Colgate is rising mid-major, an established program that wins their league and goes to the NCAAT every year and they shot as good as any team would be capable of.
We have two senior PG’s and a senior center. Not THAT young when 3 of your best players are seniors.

People this is not 1980's or 1990's Colgate. Look at Belmont. They are now Belmont. Shooters, good passing and offense. Disciplined. Beat many power 5 teams and always compete in NCAA tourney. We are young and really rebuilding with some nice pieces. Gonna be fine in ACC this year
Define "fine."

Bookmark this one. It will be very right or very wrong.

Although I’m not sure what we’ll be fine in the ACC even means anymore.

Most of the ACC is a dumpster on fire. Horrible start to the conference and we haven’t even played in any tournaments yet. UCONN beat Buffalo last night by 20 and Buffalo beat Colgate.

It gets worse. UCon had 3 starters out and looked pretty bad from what my friends said (I unfortunately live in CT, unfortunate at least from a hoops point of view. otherwise it's ok)

I can't believe we lost to Colgate again. I hated coming into office today. It's endless torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom