LOL. Board is imploding! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LOL. Board is imploding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli handled the ball and initiated the offense frequently when Joe was being hounded.

Of course buddy and Hughes handled the ball a lot. A lot of iso or trying to get their shot. Sure they passed sometimes but they weren’t the playmakers which I take to mean getting others involved.

Of course buddy and Hughes handled the ball a lot. A lot of iso or trying to get their shot. Sure they passed sometimes but they weren’t the playmakers which I take to mean getting others involved.
I mean, before Joe started finding Jesse on the PNR last year, he wasn’t much more than an iso guy who also passed to Buddy frequently.

Coleman, Thompson, Hughes, Duncan, and Roe would have mostly started on this team or 1st off the bench.
No one on this team would start ahead of those guys. That’s a 20+ win team.

Ok this is what the sports media does... Lazy observations... Yes we have 2 sr guards and a sr center.. But in terms of experience in the program we have a shooting guard that played with the ball for 3 yrs.. Our center was just starting to blossom and then missed the last bunch of games last year.. and our other sr guard transferred in and did not play much.. we start a freshmen point and our other forward hardly played as a freshmen... That is a young team in college hoops

Lazy observation about Joe. He played off the ball often when Kadary was here. Hughes too. He’s still playing on the ball at times this year. His role isnt that different.

Kindve a stretch on Jesse too. If it takes being a 3-4 year starter to not be “young” then many teams are young.
OMG... Your so literal... He's just inexperienced... He hasnt played the position.. It matters.. I coach.. It matters if a guys has not played 2 guard and never been the number 1 option and now is.. No he's not young.. If a salesman at a job for 20 years and they move you to a traveling salesman ... You haven't forgotten how to sell but your dam sure theres different things you need to learn and it will take some time to pick it up.
hey everybody! Did you know this guy COACHES!?

If only Joe had more experience playing the 2, he’d be able to run down the court faster.

9c9180b9-35d8-4d15-bf7e-505c1dc8c800_text.gif

If only Joe had more experience playing the 2, he’d be able to run down the court faster.

He’s been held unaccountable on defense since HS. His man to man post defense is almost laughable. Defense is all about effort. Joe is just plain lazy. He should sit with that kind of effort. His teammates are watching and wonder why he’s treated differently.

I didnt read it, just scanned if SU was on it

When you have a losing season and follow that up with losing at home to Colgate for the 2nd year in a row and it doesn't set off alarm bells from College bball writers, its because your an afterthought.

I blame Boehiem for being selfish and thinking he is bigger than the program as Dasher describes as coasting and not putting in the time. Not realizing he is running the program into the ground and destroying his legacy at the same time.

I blame the administration for letting him get out of a succession plan after his 2nd NCAA penalty. That made him untouchable and answerable to no one. Thats a bad situation in any organization.

I blame this season on constructing a roster like he is still in 90s. Relying on 6 freshman when other programs pound the portal to upgrade their roster. The excuse "were young" doesnt really fly in 2022 when you have a transfer portal at your disposal.
Good post

He’s been held unaccountable on defense since HS. His man to man post defense is almost laughable. Defense is all about effort. Joe is just plain lazy. He should sit with that kind of effort. His teammates are watching and wonder why he’s treated differently.

His teammates do the same things at times. And btw, 3 of 19.

JB doesn’t want to play man because it’s too hard. He won’t/can’t demand the kind of effort needed to play man. It also takes more preparation scouting opponents offensive sets. At the moment, the entire program is about taking the easy way to getting things done. It’s in recruiting, using the portal and on the court.

Buddy and Eli were never the playmakers.

Buddy wasn't the closer his last couple years? I sure remember it that way.

Buddy wasn't the closer his last couple years? I sure remember it that way.

Who said closer? It was said playmaker. The playmaker creates opportunities for others. Typically the PG.

True but nobody is Max effort on D.

Who said closer? It was said playmaker. The playmaker creates opportunities for others. Typically the PG.

The other post was talking about how Elijah Hughes and Buddy used to have the ball in their hands a lot.

I pointed out that both did it typically to close out halves or games. His point wasn't that they were full-time PGs, but rather that Boeheim wanted them with the ball in their hands at certain times in games.

They are the "playmakers" in those situations, IMO.

The other post was talking about how Elijah Hughes and Buddy used to have the ball in their hands a lot.

I pointed out that both did it typically to close out halves or games. His point wasn't that they were full-time PGs, but rather that Boeheim wanted them with the ball in their hands at certain times in games.

They are the "playmakers" in those situations, IMO.

Then why did you respond to me? The post I responded to said buddy and Eli were the playmakers. They weren’t.

Then why did you respond to me? The post I responded to said buddy and Eli were the playmakers. They weren’t.
In 2020, Hughes averaged 3.4 assists per game, Girard averaged 3.5.

But they were. That was my point.

If a "playmaker" is ONLY a point guard to you, then why use a different name?

"Playmaker" describes a bigger group of players than just PGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom