LOL. Board is imploding! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

LOL. Board is imploding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s really sad is that JB has forgotten how good his formers players were. If he really thinks this is his best freshman class, that’s a telltale sign. The two and three spots are extremely weak. After Joe, there is no two guard on the roster and no one is coming in next year.
Coleman and Stevie and Melo and GMAC were rolling over in their graves when he said that, and they are all still alive

We have two senior PG’s and a senior center. Not THAT young when 3 of your best players are seniors.
Ok this is what the sports media does... Lazy observations... Yes we have 2 sr guards and a sr center.. But in terms of experience in the program we have a shooting guard that played with the ball for 3 yrs.. Our center was just starting to blossom and then missed the last bunch of games last year.. and our other sr guard transferred in and did not play much.. we start a freshmen point and our other forward hardly played as a freshmen... That is a young team in college hoops

Ok this is what the sports media does... Lazy observations... Yes we have 2 sr guards and a sr center.. But in terms of experience in the program we have a shooting guard that played with the ball for 3 yrs.. Our center was just starting to blossom and then missed the last bunch of games last year.. and our other sr guard transferred in and did not play much.. we start a freshmen point and our other forward hardly played as a freshmen... That is a young team in college hoops
Wait, you’re saying that Joe should be considered as young in the program because he’s moved from a combo guard with the ball to a combo guard mostly off the ball, despite the fact he’s got more minutes in three years than pretty much anyone but Buddy did at the same time?

That is quite a stretch. The three seniors are being counted on to play indispensable roles on this team, and one of the next most important players (Benny) has had a year in the program.

Last edited:
Wait, you’re saying that Joe should be considered as young in the program because he’s moved from a combo guard with the ball to a combo guard mostly off the ball, despite the fact he’s got more minutes in three years than pretty much anyone but Buddy did at the same time?
OMG... Your so literal... He's just inexperienced... He hasnt played the position.. It matters.. I coach.. It matters if a guys has not played 2 guard and never been the number 1 option and now is.. No he's not young.. If a salesman at a job for 20 years and they move you to a traveling salesman ... You haven't forgotten how to sell but your dam sure theres different things you need to learn and it will take some time to pick it up.

Maybe in 1995, not in 2022

OMG... Your so literal... He's just inexperienced... He hasnt played the position.. It matters.. I coach.. It matters if a guys has not played 2 guard and never been the number 1 option and now is.. No he's not young.. If a salesman at a job for 20 years and they move you to a traveling salesman ... You haven't forgotten how to sell but your dam sure theres different things you need to learn and it will take some time to pick it up.
He played the position for 5 years in high school! He wasnt just the number 1 option, he was the only option. How much more experience chucking the ball does he need?

And it’s you’re.

He played the position for 5 years in high school! He wasnt just the number 1 option, he was the only option. How much more experience chucking the ball does he need?

And it’s you’re.
LOL not gonna get into the message board spelling thing. Thats a win cause you needed to point out something I was wrong on. Good for you. Now about the point. That was HS this is college. Just please tell me you understand athletics on some level and you know its not an easy transition.

LOL not gonna get into the message board spelling thing. Thats a win cause you needed to point out something I was wrong on. Good for you. Now about the point. That was HS this is college. Just please tell me you understand athletics on some level and you know its not an easy transition.
If he were a frosh or soph I’d concede the point. He’s not. This isn’t this hard. And I know, because I play hoops 2-3 times per week. And yeah, I’m a combo guard. When I’m not pressed

And it’s you’re.

My hope is he chucks his way to 40% from 3 again.

In addition to what you said so far, this team going forward is really Benny and Judah's team, as the season goes on will become apparent. Any time you bring in a huge class, they are going to bond together and feel like they should be running things, which is fine.

Last edited:
Without other shooters to worry about,I’m not confident, solely because of the better defenders he see this year.

I don’t think he does either. When a team just has to focus on one player on the perimeter it’s real difficult. Maybe we have some teams zone us since he is the only one

At this point, we are a very young team, like romper room young. Colgate is rising mid-major, an established program that wins their league and goes to the NCAAT every year and they shot as good as any team would be capable of.
40% of our starters have about 8 years experience at the NCAA level. And they are not bit players , but all plays run through them. That alone eliminates the too young bs excuses.

This post makes zero sense and doesn't support your point whatsoever.

Joe has plenty of experience playing off the ball.

Last year, Budweiser handled a lot of the playmaking during crunch time.

Two years ago, we had another player play PG (what was his name, Dakary Michrond, or something like that?) and Joe sometimes moved to the 2.

His freshman year, Elijah Hughes was the main playmaker during crunch time.

Joe has plenty of experience playing off the ball.

Last year, Budweiser handled a lot of the playmaking during crunch time.

Two years ago, we had another player play PG (what was his name, Dakary Michrond, or something like that?) and Joe sometimes moved to the 2.

His freshman year, Elijah Hughes was the main playmaker during crunch time.

Buddy and Eli were never the playmakers.

If we win a couple games in Brooklyn the season should be OK and well win some conference games. If we don’t take a look at FSU and Lville that will be us.

masked by a F4 and 2 S16s. Imagine how bad it would be without those. It would be unspeakable. Those miracle runs have allowed JB to hang on. We are out of miracles. Time to move on at last.
Those are not miracles, they the result of hard work all season to get better. Last season they were poised for another "miracle" until Jesse was sidelined.

Coleman and Stevie and Melo and GMAC were rolling over in their graves when he said that, and they are all still alive
Coleman, Thompson, Hughes, Duncan, and Roe would have mostly started on this team or 1st off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom