Lol that travel | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lol that travel

I count nine steps. I think SU got the better of the officiating overall but three in the last few seconds was reminiscent of the Michigan Final Four game:

Illegal screen
Travel
And after traveling (and maybe stepping out of bounds) he passed it to a guy that was open only because TR got tackled from behind.

I count nine steps. I think SU got the better of the officiating overall but three in the last few seconds was reminiscent of the Michigan Final Four game:

Illegal screen
Travel
And after traveling (and maybe stepping out of bounds) he passed it to a guy that was open only because TR got tackled from behind.
The screen was a by-the-book call IMO. The problem is its only the 3rd documented time this year that its been called in men's college basketball this year.

The screen was a by-the-book call IMO. The problem is its only the 3rd documented time this year that its been called in men's college basketball this year.
It surely was not called earlier in this game.

Probably by the book but not close to how the rest of the game was called.

It surely was not called earlier in this game.

At one point earlier in the game you could see Cooney leaving the court asking the official why the Pitt defender wasn't getting called for an illegal screen at the foul line when he just kept shifting in front of him. The one right before Cooney asked the guy was actually holding him well enough for a flag to get thrown in the NFL.

That's not an illegal screen though. What Rak did was though. Okay, makes no sense.

That has to be the most blatant missed call ever? The ref was 8 feet away from the guy. I thought a travel could've been called on the spin toward the baseline too. It looked like he stepped before dribbling. Are there any repercussions for horrible calls like this? Aren't these guys supposedly graded after every game? This guy needs to be demoted to D3, except I don't know that I'd want to put those kids through that.

That has to be the most blatant missed call ever? The ref was 8 feet away from the guy. I thought a travel could've been called on the spin toward the baseline too. It looked like he stepped before dribbling. Are there any repercussions for horrible calls like this? Aren't these guys supposedly graded after every game? This guy needs to be demoted to D3, except I don't know that I'd want to put those kids through that.

Repercussions for bad officiating in college basketball???? Oh, dear god, no!! :rolling:

You think most of them could be this bad if there were? :)

It can't be THAT bad, with the "ref" THAT CLOSE, and not be deliberate. That and that comical "screen" foul they suddenly decided to enforce against us in the final seconds (to make sure we didn't win).

Fire all of them before they do any more damage to the game.

Was that one of the most obvious calls I've seen, or was my feed just really bad?

Edit: thanks to those below, here it is:

https://vine.co/v/OQb3va70PEM

You can't make this up. There's close calls, and then there is that.
Hey, maybe they thought it was Duke. Everybody knows they are allowed to move any foot they want as long as they stay in a 5 foot circle.

It's so comical watching that vine clip. His one foot at one point is almost all the way to the protected circle in the lane. A mere two seconds later he'd have trouble taking a standing long-jump and make it to the protected circle.

Even if you weren't watching his feet very well the distance traveled alone should have been a good indicator of some troubling occurrences.

1) Robinson traveled immediately after the ball was inbounded.

2) Robinson traveled after he picked the ball up.

3) After his 2nd travel, he takes 2 blatant steps backwards, traveling for a 3rd time.

4) Then he steps out of bounds.

5) Then he passes the ball.

How do the refs miss 4 turnovers on one play????????????

I would say this is bad but certainly doesn't top the SUPLEX for most blatant missed call ever. On that play, the ref was so close he actually had to dodge the flying body of our player.

3) After his 2nd travel, he takes 2 blatant steps backwards, traveling for a 3rd time.

I think he may have gotten the pass off before his foot hit the ground out of bounds. But he certainly traveled multiple times before that.

Last edited:

Well, I wouldn't say they missed them.

I take it you've never heard of a quadruple negative in officiating? It cancels everything else out. No travel!

You could debate the out of bounds, technically he should also have bounced the ball out of bounds on the pass to get that negated, but in officiating school that's 50/50...you just go with how your feeling that day.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/78...p4?versionId=ITX5VGDfKY26Yiej5nlAb3XQWG0A88IX

I heard nothing from the announcers either.

I have never seen a more blatant walk not called in a college game. This ref may have thought he was reffing my daughter's grade 3/4 team where they routinely let walks go just so the game can end someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom