Lolisville 35 Manhattan 35 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lolisville 35 Manhattan 35

couldn't you run a computer simulation that just picks every possible permutation of every outcome and guarantee a perfect bracket?
Yeah it would probably take 20 years to fill em in...

Amazing. One. Lousy. Pass. That's all it took for Manhattan to ruin an otherwise tremendous effort. Pretty sad. Dude is gonna feel pretty crappy for a few days.

Yeah it would probably take 20 years to fill em in...

fine, run one that takes into account half of all permutations and you have a 50 / 50 chance.

fine, run one that takes into account half of all permutations and you have a 50 / 50 chance.

I think its capped at 10 billion entries total. Which sounds like a lot, but it pretty much cuts the chance of one person (or group of people) getting together to cover off a large portion of the permutations.

Lol if you understood statistics at all, this was not a gamble. You could fill out brackets every year for the history of a million universes and you still wouldn't get one perfect.

It was phrasing, calm down "stats grad". I was just saying it'd be funny if the contest was over after day 1.

I think its capped at 10 billion entries total. Which sounds like a lot, but it pretty much cuts the chance of one person (or group of people) getting together to cover off a large portion of the permutations.
Funny...so basically a 1 in a billion chance

Lol if you understood statistics at all, this was not a gamble. You could fill out brackets every year for the history of a million universes and you still wouldn't get one perfect.

And if by some statistical miracle someone happened to go 60-0 through the first 2 weeks of the tourney Buffett said he'd try to buy that person out before the Final 4. The number he suggested was 100 million.

And if by some statistical miracle someone happened to go 60-0 through the first 2 weeks of the tourney Buffett said he'd try to buy that person out before the Final 4. The number he suggested was 100 million.

That would be an interesting dilemna, do you take the sure 100 mil, or roll the dice with three more games.

I'd take the 100 million every single time. Unfortunately that's a choice that I'm not going to get to make. (Friggin BYU).

Lville is extremely overrated.
They are. I find it funny how some Vegas "expert" was singing their praises. I don't think he watched many Louisville games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom