Look at this final-25 Wooden list | Syracusefan.com

Look at this final-25 Wooden list

That's just silly. Some of those guys are on teams that have struggled even more than we did early on so its not based on your team needing to be good. Rak is having as good a season as any big guy in a power conference. Could you pick apart the numbers and find 1 or 2 that one could legitimately argue was better? Sure but there is no one clearly better than him manning the 5 this year.

Remember during the Cal game when Jeff Goodman said Syracuse is in trouble if Rakeem Christmas is their go to guy...:crazy:

I think many of us would have said the same thing before the season started, and still had some reservations early on. These have long passed.

i hate that dude. he's one of those few people where you can judge a book by the cover.

He doesn't quit either. On Monday he guaranteed we would be in the NIT after we lost McCullough.

Not including Rak in that list is worse than horrible. Rak has proven to be a true student athlete, graduating in 3 years and currently in graduate school.

He's having a nationally ranked career year in multiple categories, being in the top 100 players for scoring(#46),rebounds(#34), # of field goals (#72) and blocks (#38). What are these people thinking?

Not including Rak in that list is worse than horrible. Rak has proven to be a true student athlete, graduating in 3 years and currently in graduate school.

He's having a nationally ranked career year in multiple categories, being in the top 100 players for scoring(#46),rebounds(#34), # of field goals (#72) and blocks (#38). What are these people thinking?

Apparently they are not thinking or at least not for very long.

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/Top-100-Prospects/
Speaking of snubs, Rak can't even make the top 100 of this so called draft expert list. I have a hard time seeing guys like Kennedy Meeks and Brice Johnson being better NBA prospects than Rak, whether now or in the future if we're talking upside.

I look at Rock, and maybe I'm biased, but he's strong, he's athletic, and he can finish with either hand. He's got good awareness on offense for a big guy. Knows when to pass out of the post, hits free throws, has shown us a 15 footer, blocks shots and rebounds. He's got some really good skills. If he was 19 or 20 there's no doubt he would be a top 20 pick, but since he's a senior people assume he's reached his peak. I still think the game can slow down for him a little more and I think he is just a late bloomer with even more potential to tap.

I look at Rock, and maybe I'm biased, but he's strong, he's athletic, and he can finish with either hand. He's got good awareness on offense for a big guy. Knows when to pass out of the post, hits free throws, has shown us a 15 footer, blocks shots and rebounds. He's got some really good skills. If he was 19 or 20 there's no doubt he would be a top 20 pick, but since he's a senior people assume he's reached his peak. I still think the game can slow down for him a little more and I think he is just a late bloomer with even more potential to tap.
Not saying Rak should be a lotto pick or anything. I think his draft peak is probably early 2nd at best due to age and such as you mentioned. My beef is that it's ridiculous imho if you have watched college ball at all this season not to have Rak in your top 100 list.

Kind of weird to think you cn max out on your potential at twenty three.

Crazy and he just turned 23 at the end of December and has only been playing basketball since 13-14 years old.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom