Look out for the Notre Dame job if Brian Kelly goes to the NFL | Syracusefan.com

Look out for the Notre Dame job if Brian Kelly goes to the NFL

Alsacs

Living Legend
I wonder who they would target?
Probably the same names.
Matt Campbell
Dino Babers

I really don’t want the new and calmer Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame.

The title of this thread is not quite accurate. The Notre Dame job would DEFINITELY become open if Brian Kelly goes to the NFL. ;)

Mark Richt to the Golden Domers......also remember where they got Brian Kelly from....Luke Fickel fits their prototype coach to a T

If ever there was an event to see up close what a terrible and cringeworthy football culture Notre Dame is, that shamrock series game at yankee stadium was it.

It was one of those events where Notre Dame faithful think "wow, we're great and still God's gift to college football" and everyone else thinks, "wow, just when you think the domers can't be bigger douchebags, they come up with this embarrassing event..."

I'd like to think Dino is a bit more salt-of-the-earth than Notre Dame and they're horrible, plastic fan culture... but it's undoubtedly a huge job.

Can't see Dino fitting in there. Bad weather, slow track, very uptight alumni/leadership.

The only places I'm worried about him bolting are warm weather and west coast - USC/UCLA/Arizona/ASU/Cal/Stanford. He'd absolutely kill it in the Pac 12 - from a recruiting and execution stand point. (And he's from the West.) Dino recruiting Southern California would be epic.

Can't see Dino fitting in there. Bad weather, slow track, very uptight alumni/leadership.

The only places I'm worried about him bolting are warm weather and west coast - USC/UCLA/Arizona/ASU/Cal/Stanford. He'd absolutely kill it in the Pac 12 - from a recruiting and execution stand point. (And he's from the West.) Dino recruiting Southern California would be epic.

Ha. Stanford. For a bunch of smart guys their heads are quite meaty.

Good Texas gigs.

Brian Kelly is completely perfect for ND - in every respect. If he leaves, they are screwed. And I'm gonna laugh.

Why anyone worth their salt would want that job is beyond me. Yay - I get to live in Central Indiana and have to deal with a bunch of entitled alumni with massive inferiority complexes. No thanks.

ND has a turf field now. They don't play on real grass anymore. It is still cold in November, though.

He’d be insane to go to USC.

“OK, guys, we’re going to go 4-8 for the first 2 years (call it 5-7 if you want), but then we’re going to be really good!”

I don’t see the USC brass (or boosters) being overly patient. He’d Be under a microscope after year 1.

I wonder who they would target?
Probably the same names.
Matt Campbell
Dino Babers

I really don’t want the new and calmer Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame.
I think the NDAD would have a tough time selling HCDB to his alumni after the beating they laid on us.

Last edited:
He’d be insane to go to USC.

“OK, guys, we’re going to go 4-8 for the first 2 years (call it 5-7 if you want), but then we’re going to be really good!”

I don’t see the USC brass (or boosters) being overly patient. He’d Be under a microscope after year 1.
Do you think it would be 4-8? You don't think he'd start with better personnell than he started with here? It may look more like Bowling Green.

I'm not saying he should want the job, just that it's not guaranteed he struggles early there the way he did here.

Do you think it would be 4-8? You don't think he'd start with better personnell than he started with here? It may look more like Bowling Green.

I'm not saying he should want the job, just that it's not guaranteed he struggles early there the way he did here.
Call it 5-7 (what FSU did this year). Either way, I think that things would get tense in LA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom