Looking ahead - Next years Roster | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Looking ahead - Next years Roster

Who knows if he can play? All we know is that Dino deems him "too fat" to run this "fast paced" offense that we no longer run.

You don't think a 340 lb bulldozer could open a hole? Why not put him out there, and if he gets embarrassed on a few plays, we'll find out if he's a man or not, if he has any fight in him, any pride. If he doesn't, then move him out.
I don't see the point in holding one of 85 scholarships for a guy who you will NEVER apparently play for three years now. What is the point of that?
You really have no idea what's going on with him. Its been provided multiple times. INJURED. Not dressing. Not playing. Because he CANT. (Sincerely hope the capitalization helps you see it)

Tisdale is 1 lbs lighter, fwiw.

You know what? If we only have 7 guys, that's not counting Qadir White. If we are going to go 1-10 anyway, and watch 5 guys a game just run past Aaron Servais while he's still in his stance, how much worse is Qadir White going to do? Seriously?

Let him play a couple series. If he gives up a sack or two, or jumps offsides or holds a guy, who cares? Made after 2 or 3 games, we can use him to run block on short yardage, y'know, something we completely are unable to do right now.

Qadir White has 40 pounds on our converted TE who is playing LG. Maybe we would give up fewer sacks, just getting in the way of rushers. We're the *worst team in America* right now. How much worse could the other guys possibly be???
You should stop. You’re embarrassing yourself

FWIW SU has the same number of OL on it's roster as BC and only 1 less OL as Pitt.

for scholarship players? There are also a few guys that we knew are complete busts and aren’t going to contribute ever.

Did you see the video of him on the sideline? Kid has some serious health issues imo. He doesn't even look like a football player at this point...
I agree and feel badly for him regardless of the reason he is morbidly overweight.

Some of these things sound like kids who don't really want to play.

I've been on really good teams, and really bad, demoralized teams. It can be really hard, I get it. But you don't hurt yourself walking on the stairs.

This will sound terrible to say (Al Bundy time), but as a long distance runner, I ran through a broken ankle bone, which I thought was just a sprain that was taking a long time to go away.

A part of this is "how bad do you want it"?

Surely, you can't be serious.

for scholarship players? There are also a few guys that we knew are complete busts and aren’t going to contribute ever.

Yes scholarship players. And what player has question marks besides maybe Qadir?

Qadir’s not an option and I don’t think we’ll ever see him take a semi meaningful snap here.

In the offseason we need to build immediate plugs at QB, DL, WR, S and OL. Im fully aware thats an unrealistic amount of position groups to expect GT’s at but we’re in a not awesome position.

QB and OL purely for depth, it’s not acceptable to be as shallow as we are at QB. Pandemic aside, this is the second year in a row there’s not a competent option behind Tommy. I’d love to see TD come back and play healthy at SU, but it’s irresponsible not to have a competent back up or two behind/competing with him. This is not a shot at Rex, he’s doing his best. There needs to be more ready options at QB. Our QB1’s have gone down to injury every year of Dino’s tenure.

WR, DL and S we’ll need plug in starters imo. I pray to the lord the locker room does not collapse this season. Any defense out-transfer could unravel us, outside LB.

Because spring was supposed to have them all more developed... ohh. And not injured.
But when spring was canceled there were still a number of quality transfers in the portal with immediate eligibility. The staff was unable to get them to come to su.

Things are so bad if another OL gets hurt the team will have to forfeit. That was a rule because of COVID but Cuse has such bad injury luck it could come into play

Things are so bad if another OL gets hurt the team will have to forfeit. That was a rule because of COVID but Cuse has such bad injury luck it could come into play

You need 7.

We have 8.

Bergeron
Elmore
Vet
Tisdale
Servais

Petry
Ilaoa
Barclay can play in a pinch.

D.Davis should be back any week now.

You need 7.

We have 8.

Bergeron
Elmore
Vet
Tisdale
Servais

Petry
Ilaoa

That's what an NFL game day roster carries. And they have a couple of guys on a practice squad.

Crazy.

You need 7.

We have 8.

Bergeron
Elmore
Vet
Tisdale
Servais

Petry
Ilaoa

What about Pat Davis? He's been on the 2 deep for each game

We need 2 WR transfers at a minimum
Hundred percent agree with you on that one! Thank God we got 2 good wide receivers coming in this recruiting cycle because we need it! this is the worst receiving corps in the Dino babers era by far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom