Looking more like this round is over. | Syracusefan.com

Looking more like this round is over.

Guinness

Living Legend
What value would a new member bring to the conference?
Neinas' response: “Our television partners agreed that the only new member that would enhance the Big 12 value for television was Notre Dame.”

This blurb says that the B12 was told the only team that would warrant more money is ND. If you read between the lines that means that even if they added FSU/Clemson the pot remains the same and simply gets divided between extra teams.

Looks like ND has played their game of chicken well and brought this round of expansion to a sudden halt.

LINK

Hating that scho
What value would a new member bring to the conference?
Neinas' response: “Our television partners agreed that the only new member that would enhance the Big 12 value for television was Notre Dame.”

This blurb says that the B12 was told the only team that would warrant more money is ND. If you read between the lines that means that even if they added FSU/Clemson the pot remains the same and simply gets divided between extra teams.

Looks like ND has played their game of chicken well and brought this round of expansion to a sudden halt.

LINK
Hating that school/ NotreDame becomes easier every year. couchburn

"It could be argued that the Grant of Rights agreement signed by the members is the most important instrument to assure conference stability."
Would that be the short term or the long term GOR?

Looking forward to the day where a 6th ranked ACC conference champion gets selected over a 4th ranked ND team.

Looking forward to the day where a 6th ranked ACC conference champion gets selected over a 4th ranked ND team.

To be fair, that 4th ranked Notre Dame team would likely have four losses.

i think its over too.

nd is going to give it a go for at least 4 years, to see how it benefits them. the little guy will need 4/5 years as well to see how bad theyre getting Fd in this new era.

after that id say the push for 8 comes, and nd and the little guy keep the status quo for another 4/5 years to see how that plays out.

i think its over too.

nd is going to give it a go for at least 4 years, to see how it benefits them. the little guy will need 4/5 years as well to see how bad theyre getting Fd in this new era.

after that id say the push for 8 comes, and nd and the little guy keep the status quo for another 4/5 years to see how that plays out.

ND holds all the cards. They might as well wait until the NBC deal runs out. As they get into negotiations for an extension, if they don't like NBC's or anyone else's offer (for whatever reason which I can't imagine right now), they can just go and join the Big 10 and still make gazillions.

Bigger name teams would be crazy to jump right now given the playoff situation. Doesn't mean there won't be future expansion with teams people care about (i.e. not who the Big East or America East adds).

i think its over too.

If by chance the B1G or the SEC gets shut out of a 4 team playoff (anything's possible), you could see that push come sooner than later.

ND is going nowhere. They never were.
i believe a lot of domers feel the fate of their football program is still in question, and preferably would like to go to the ACC (school has mostly eastern ties even though it is in the midwest). people feel that if swarbrick can strike a deal with the acc for their olympic sports (ND is starting to become a power in women's basketball, hockey, lacrosse, soccer, etc) they would easily agree to 3 to 4 football games with the ACC and call it a win since it guarantees their football independence for some time.

i think this is far from over, and ND knows it needs to make a move to secure the fate of football independence. however, on the same token, ND doesn't have to move that fast since they hold the cards (any conference will take them, especially with football as a last resort)