Looking way too far ahead | Syracusefan.com

Looking way too far ahead

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Being Captain Obvious it's pretty clear that we have some issues on offense.

I think with Devito and the recruiting we've done so far that QB and the OL will take steps forward.

The skill positions are looking dicey though. We're going to lose Erv and Ish - that's a ton of production. Between Custis, Butler, Riley, Johnson, etc. we have guys that are getting into games at least, but not really players that are looking like they'll make huge leaps forward. That means we're going to need the redshirts and true freshmen to show something. Hopefully there's something dynamic among that mix of talent. The opportunity is there for a fresh face to shine.

Running back looks like an absolute bust right now. I like Strickland with the ball in his hands after the catch, not so much on the handoff. Same with Neal. I think Neal could actually be really good, he's just playing at the wrong position. Pierre, remains to be seen what we have there. Stritzinger? Who knows. I think all of the incoming freshman RBs/athletes are going to have chances to earn snaps, and even though they're young I think they can make that position a lot stronger pretty quickly.

I hate relying on newcomers to the program, but they represent our best chance to get a lot better in a short amount of time. Thankfully I think this recruiting cycle the staff has done an excellent job of attracting talent that can move the needle.

I think with Devito and the recruiting we've done so far that QB and the OL will take steps forward.

The skill positions are looking dicey though. We're going to lose Erv and Ish - that's a ton of production. Between Custis, Butler, Riley, Johnson, etc. we have guys that are getting into games at least, but not really players that are looking like they'll make huge leaps forward. That means we're going to need the redshirts and true freshmen to show something. Hopefully there's something dynamic among that mix of talent. The opportunity is there for a fresh face to shine.

Running back looks like an absolute bust right now. I like Strickland with the ball in his hands after the catch, not so much on the handoff. Same with Neal. I think Neal could actually be really good, he's just playing at the wrong position. Pierre, remains to be seen what we have there. Stritzinger? Who knows. I think all of the incoming freshman RBs/athletes are going to have chances to earn snaps, and even though they're young I think they can make that position a lot stronger pretty quickly.

I hate relying on newcomers to the program, but they represent our best chance to get a lot better in a short amount of time. Thankfully I think this recruiting cycle the staff has done an excellent job of attracting talent that can move the needle.
I think we will need to continue to recruit JUCOs and graduate transfers again next year. Erv and Ish really showed promise their Freshman year. I have not seen any of our current Freshman stand out as star capability. I'm not saying that they aren't "good", I just don't see anyone that really stands out.

Hopefully some of the Freshman that redshirted will come out on fire.

Good news is the rb position isn't hard to learn , the O is going to be terrific I worry about losing our LBs and who will replace them
Yeah I think system wise the O will get better, I'm just greedy and want it sooner rather than later. I do think RB is a position where a true freshman can be very successful.

For the LBs, I like the recruiting we've done there. I think we have talent, it's just being hidden because we have really experienced talent in front of them right now.

The commits at OL is bringing in talent.

The commits at LB have talent.

We need the commits at WR and RB to be ready.

I trust Dino will get it done.
I am convinced if we had the old staff last night we get smashed.

Think Neal would be an excellent replacement for Erv. Also think Hendrix has a chance to play day 1 at WR. I like that in his short time, Pierre has shown the ability to break tackles.

This is 100% right. I think the WR recruits we addded last year just need a bit of time, but I trust this staff with that position. They know what they have and what they need.

& why the he11 should we value or even listen to your take on the future?? Aren't you the same dope who was hesitant to crown Ravian Pierce All-ACC before he played a single game???

;)

& why the he11 should we value or even listen to your take on the future?? Aren't you the same dope who was hesitant to crown Ravian Pierce All-ACC before he played a single game???

;)
Honestly he's been better than I expected.

Which means he's probably been worse than what a lot we're hoping for.

My view is that we have a real system offense and it is critical that players fit the system. Each year that goes by I think we will get better because the staff is experienced in recruiting for the system.

The key is having enough depth to redshirt talent so when they do play they really know the system.

Personally, I thinj Dino is ahead of schedule.

My view is that we have a real system offense and it is critical that players fit the system. Each year that goes by I think we will get better because the staff is experienced in recruiting for the system.

The key is having enough depth to redshirt talent so when they do play they really know the system.

Personally, I thinj Dino is ahead of schedule.

One thing our system really needs is refs who let us run it. When they stayed over that ball on 4th down and wouldn’t let us run a play, I wanted them fired. So did Dino. Need to send that in to the ACC. It’s ridiculous. No substitutions, just tried to run up to the line.

One thing our system really needs is refs who let us run it. When they stayed over that ball on 4th down and wouldn’t let us run a play, I wanted them fired. So did Dino. Need to send that in to the ACC. It’s ridiculous. No substitutions, just tried to run up to the line.
Yeah. That was amazing.

We are primed to be good in 2018. So much coming back and presumably year three of the same system.

We are primed to be good in 2018. So much coming back and presumably year three of the same system.

Schedule is an upside as well. UNC at home as crossover. @ND isn’t easy but motivating a team to play there is really easy. Even dead man walking, MAC losing to, GRob walked out of there with a win.

Hope the replacement LBs are ready. That’s my only worry. Top 4 are leaving. But DL and Secondary will return plenty of experience.

Schedule is an upside as well. UNC at home as crossover. @ND isn’t easy but motivating a team to play there is really easy. Even dead man walking, MAC losing to, GRob walked out of there with a win.

Hope the replacement LBs are ready. That’s my only worry. Top 4 are leaving. But DL and Secondary will return plenty of experience.
Yeah, for sure. There's a solid roster returning, plus the schedule is a lot more favorable than we're used to.

I just... I want to see this offense running on all cylinders.

People say the schedule is easier in 2018, but it is an advantage this season to have BC, Pitt & Wake at the Dome.

People say the schedule is easier in 2018, but it is an advantage this season to have BC, Pitt & Wake at the Dome.

Yeah, but they’re all beatable in their half empty noise free stadiums (as they probably say about ours).

Trading @Miami for UNC home is big. Even trading @LSU for @ND is an advantage.

did he give refs the finger or just point for effect ? camera angle obscured it

I didn’t see that - but he was shooting damn balls of fire from his eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom