Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like Mark Coyle has quite the mess at Minnesota

I sat behind Coyle at the Final Four last April. He was with his wife and kids. Kept yelling at his kids for having fun.

He's the epitome of a douche-nozzle. Wildhack's name is way cooler anyways.

needed some video of that

I sat behind Coyle at the Final Four last April. He was with his wife and kids. Kept yelling at his kids for having fun.

I was shocked to hear how people thought he was a nice guy when he first came to the cuse. I won't go into details but I had a rather cold exchange with him. Couldn't agree more.

I was shocked to hear how people thought he was a nice guy when he first came to the cuse. I won't go into details but I had a rather cold exchange with him. Couldn't agree more.

I wouldn't mind hearing details either.

I think he needs to just uncoyle... Wound up so tightly, "tight as a tiger"

I'm actually surprised that he had time to attend the Final Four.

Getting ready to take on a new job at a Big Ten school is a very involved process.

I'm no Coyle fan, given the circumstances of his 8 month departure.

BUT on the positive side of the ledger, I see three things associated with his tenure that make it difficult for me to harbor hard feelings:
  1. He made a tough call firing Scott Shafer, who was a great guy, but it was the right call
  2. He presided over the hiring of Dino Babers, who was best case scenario in terms of who we could land and what our program needed
  3. His departure put SU in a position to hire Wildhack as AD, who I'm a huge fan of and is much better for our school as a long-term fit

BUT on the positive side of the ledger, I see three things associated with his tenure that make it difficult for me to harbor hard feelings:
  1. He made a tough call firing Scott Shafer, who was a great guy, but it was the right call
  2. He presided over the hiring of Dino Babers, who was best case scenario in terms of who we could land and what our program needed
  3. His departure put SU in a position to hire Wildhack as AD, who I'm a huge fan of and is much better for our school as a long-term fit

I agree. On #2 - isn't there some buzz that he was the guy who wanted Ash, while others within the admin pushed Babers?

I agree. On #2 - isn't there some buzz that he was the guy who wanted Ash, while others within the admin pushed Babers?

Eh at the end of the day it's who you hire, not who you wanted hire. Fair or unfair, deserved or not, that's how you're judged.

Eh at the end of the day it's who you hire, not who you wanted hire. Fair or unfair, deserved or not, that's how you're judged.

Yeah - he'd get credit out there in the world where these details don't matter. But I'd like to know he was talked out of a crappy hire by guys that are still employed here.

Coyle's a douchbag who damn near tore the team apart. There is no positive with that used pile of butt-wad.

Coyle's a douchbag who damn near tore the team apart. There is no positive with that used pile of butt-wad.
This is the first I've seen this, would you mind elaborating on this given the new circumstances present.

CkdWn5-XEAAn1yp.jpg

I don't have a problem with Coyle- he dumped the over his head Shafer staff and put Syracuse Football back on track by hiring Babers. I understand that players, and families, probably didn't like the move, but as a fan I appreciate him making the tough call.

I don't have a problem with Coyle- he dumped the over his head Shafer staff and put Syracuse Football back on track by hiring Babers. I understand that players, and families, probably didn't like the move, but as a fan I appreciate him making the tough call.
It's okay to "make the tough call", but that rat bastard was a complete douche about it. Basically told the team "too bad". There were gonna be a bunch of transfers, too. Coach Babers was able to assuage the team's anger over the way the firings were handled. I'm pretty confident that had it been ANY other coach than Babers, there'd have been a bunch of openings and new faces on the team.