Looks like we're playing Wisconsin... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like we're playing Wisconsin...

We will destroy sconsin. We will have four guys on the floor at all times that can take their guys of the dribble. We will either score, get fouled or dish out for open rythym jumpers. Ditto second half of Kstate.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Vandy win. Vandy had a tendency to flame out (hence the second round exit); meanwhile, Wiscy is an extremely well coached, fundamentally sound, grind it out team that, unless we dictate tempo, will give us real fits. I really, really don't want to play Bo Ryan in the tourney. I think he's an outstanding coach.

Vandy out in the second round--a team I knew would be a popular NCAA tourney selection after their win over Kentucky, and a team that I figured would underachieve.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the other popular NCAA pick, Florida State, stub their toe early too.

Bring on the Badgers!!!
But Vandy didn't underachieve. They were a 5 seed that lost to a 4.

As for FL State, "stub their toe early", you mean like lose to a 6 seed in Cincy? Us SU fans shouldn't consider that an embarrassing loss. Otherwise they will be the underdog to the 2 seed in Boston.

I think I would rather face Fl State than Cincy again. I think there is a little something about seeing our zone for the first time that I prefer over the players going up against it a third time.

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Vandy win. Vandy had a tendency to flame out (hence the second round exit); meanwhile, Wiscy is an extremely well coached, fundamentally sound, grind it out team that, unless we dictate tempo, will give us real fits. I really, really don't want to play Bo Ryan in the tourney. I think he's an outstanding coach.
I'm of the other opinion, glad to see Wisky with the win. Wisky seems to be winning based more on coaching more than talent. Whereas Vandy has several pro prospects on their team. JB can neutralize the difference in coaching and then the difference in talent can shine through.

It reminds me of todays post game. G Anthony was asked why SU won. He had previously said something about not liking the zone. So his comment was SU had the two best players on the court, Dion and Scoop. He said SU had the better players and JB got that to be the difference.

I think SU has the better players than Wisky (not sure the same could be said about Vandy). So JB gets 5 days to game plan with the better pieces.

SU has better players, time to game plan, and the home court advantage. The pieces are in place to help eradicate another thorn in JBs side, making it to the elite eight.

But Vandy didn't underachieve. They were a 5 seed that lost to a 4.

As for FL State, "stub their toe early", you mean like lose to a 6 seed in Cincy? Us SU fans shouldn't consider that an embarrassing loss. Otherwise they will be the underdog to the 2 seed in Boston.

I think I would rather face Fl State than Cincy again. I think there is a little something about seeing our zone for the first time that I prefer over the players going up against it a third time.

I meant underachieve relative to inflated expectations after their SEC championship. Vandy was a trendy pick after defeating UK, and a lot of people had them going a LOT further in the tournament than the second round.

I'd rather play Cinci, personally. But at this point, there are no easy paths to the final four. I'm only worried about Wisconsin right now.

I meant underachieve relative to inflated expectations after their SEC championship. Vandy was a trendy pick after defeating UK, and a lot of people had them going a LOT further in the tournament than the second round.

I'd rather play Cinci, personally. But at this point, there are no easy paths to the final four. I'm only worried about Wisconsin right now.
Got ya about Vandy...yeah they got a lot of love. It was close with Wisky. I'm glad to see Wisky as pointed out above.

Seeing Cincy would mean they took out OSU so that wouldn't be bad. Can't expect a real easy team to get to the FF. Just from a matchup perspective I think we would have the best chance against FSU, so that's who I am rooting for.

kiss the Big 10 -- Let's Go Orange!!!

I LOVE this matchup. My only concern is the Big 10 is a solid conference and these gusy will be ready to take on SU. I really don't think the SEC is that good (outside of UK). I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Go SU!

I just hope that the team doesn't fall asleep during each possession. What surprises me about their team the most is if they are that conservative with the ball and keep it to a 30 second possession, then why are they ranked so low in assists. I understand that they don't have as many field goals made compared because of the slow ball but they should have more assists!!

Gosh, where have I seen all these "We're going to destroy this less athletic team that likes to play tough defense" posts before?

Oh yeah. Here, two years ago this week.

Anyone who saw Vandy absolutely destroy Marquette in Wisc earlier this year knows their rep is not based just on the Kentucky win.

That is a GOOD team that could have burned us outside and inside.

The Badgers are good too and they could whip us. That's the deal when you get to the 16.

We're also not an elite team anymore, we're just another good team trying to get by.

Still, happy to face Wisc and not Vandy.

Not by a lot, but I'd rather play Wisconsin. Top to bottom, we have better athletes than Wiscy. Ezeli on Vandy is scary. Nobody on Wiscy scares me, but they are a good team and we can't underestimate them. We will be fine if we play like we did today. Be good to get CJ going, and for KJ to hit some shots.

BTW, does anybody know if Wiscy's Ben Brust is any relation to Matt Brust, the really annoying swingman from St John's of years past (1986-1989)?

I'm of the other opinion, glad to see Wisky with the win. Wisky seems to be winning based more on coaching more than talent. Whereas Vandy has several pro prospects on their team. JB can neutralize the difference in coaching and then the difference in talent can shine through.

It reminds me of todays post game. G Anthony was asked why SU won. He had previously said something about not liking the zone. So his comment was SU had the two best players on the court, Dion and Scoop. He said SU had the better players and JB got that to be the difference.

I think SU has the better players than Wisky (not sure the same could be said about Vandy). So JB gets 5 days to game plan with the better pieces.

SU has better players, time to game plan, and the home court advantage. The pieces are in place to help eradicate another thorn in JBs side, making it to the elite eight.
There won't be a position on the court that SU doesn't have the better athlete...maybe Scoop/Taylor as a wash.

Looks like we are 3.5 point favorites against the Grinch

fadebc7a-c0a6-4de2-98a6-081c9cd3ae99.jpg
images
images
Bo-Ryan.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online