Losing to Wake in 06 | Syracusefan.com

Losing to Wake in 06

Orangemen

All Conference
That game has always bugged me. I know we've gone about as low as you can go in college football, but losing at Wake will always stick out as one of the 'oh ' moments as a fan for me. I don't care that they were very good that year, and we were not.

We are (and were) still SU, and SU is above Wake in the food chain, and SU should not lose to Wake. I want revenge. I can't stand living in a world where SU has to look up to Wake in anything.

I want a win tonight, and I want it badly.

That game has always bugged me. I know we've gone about as low as you can go in college football, but losing at Wake will always stick out as one of the 'oh ' moments as a fan for me. I don't care that they were very good that year, and we were not.

We are (and were) still SU, and SU is above Wake in the food chain, and SU should not lose to Wake. I want revenge. I can't stand living in a world where SU has to look up to Wake in anything.

You know there is a ton of truth to this statement and you are right...

i think you belong on top of a stool in the middle of the su locker room yelling this at the top of your lungs

... losing at Wake will always stick out as one of the 'oh ' moments as a fan for me. I don't care that they were very good that year, and we were not.

Why don't you care? Just because they hadn't been a historically strong program doesn't mean Syracuse lost to an inferior team that day.

Wake finished the 2006 season 11-3, ACC Champ, and an Orange Bowl participant. Pretty damn good team if you asked me.

If Wake was 4-7 or 3-8 and 'Cuse lost to them, it'd still bug me 5 years later... But Syracuse lost to a very good team during, arguably, its lowest moment as a program.

Not nearly as "oh crap" a moment for me as those last few seasons of Coach P's tenure when we lost to Temple - TWICE. (2002 & 2004)

BTW, I am the former Ottos2ndBestFriend, but this forum would not allow an 18-character handle.

Why don't you care? Just because they hadn't been a historically strong program doesn't mean Syracuse lost to an inferior team that day.

Wake finished the 2006 season 11-3, ACC Champ, and an Orange Bowl participant. Pretty damn good team if you asked me.

If Wake was 4-7 or 3-8 and 'Cuse lost to them, it'd still bug me 5 years later... But Syracuse lost to a very good team during, arguably, its lowest moment as a program.

Because I'm an irrational fan.

Isn't that why we're all here?

That game pissed me off so much more as that crappy 4-8 season went along.

10-10 at halftime, 2nd half offense looked like a turtle slowly sinking in quicksand.

We win there, get across the goddamn goalline against Iowa next week, and we're 5-0.

Then to watch WF run through the ACC, which we should have been in... just pour Dave's Insanity Sauce in my eyes.

Fans who says stuff like this deserve to watch their teams get beat. If you think it is going to be easy tonight you are mistaken. Your programs is not better than ours in the eyes of anyone but your fans. Next.

Hey, game day is no time to listen to the voice of reason! Let's Go Orange!

Did anyone else watch that game at Tully's on 7th North Street? They had the TVs hooked up to the internet and every few minutes the picture would start buffering - SO frustrating. And it was an absolute monsoon outside that day.

Fans who says stuff like this deserve to watch their teams get beat. If you think it is going to be easy tonight you are mistaken. Your programs is not better than ours in the eyes of anyone but your fans. Next.

Fans who say stuff like this need to be educated. Ask anyone else around the country who knows anything about college football and they will tell you that SU's program is better than Wake. You had a great team in 2006 but one year does not a program make.

One program is 684-481-9 all time, with a 12-9-1 bowl record, a national title, four conference titles, a heisman winner, and 42 all-americans.

The other is 414-602-33 all time, with a 6-3 bowl record, 0 national titles, 2 conference titles, and 3 all-americans.

I don't think it's all that close, in our fans eyes, or the eyes of fans anywhere.

Your likely age: 19. If so, I will forgive your ignorance. Otherwise, you are clearly an imbecile. Our two respective programs historically are in two different leagues.

No one cares about history it is about the now. And when I or any other person I know think about Syracuse we think basketball and being old enough I still think Mcnabb but that is about gone. When we think about Syracuse football we think you guys are to the BE what us and Duke are to the ACC. Sorry but that is how it is.

No one cares about history it is about the now. And when I or any other person I know think about Syracuse we think basketball and being old enough I still think Mcnabb but that is about gone. When we think about Syracuse football we think you guys are to the BE what us and Duke are to the ACC. Sorry but that is how it is.

Fair enough. What was your record last year? Ours was 8-5 w/ a bowl win. Still care to say we're wrong for knowing we're better?

Do you look at ND the same way I don't they haven't won anything relevant in ages. People look at NCSU and UNC much better than us. But Grobe is like 20-5 against NC schools and UNC and NCSU have not won an ACC title since most of us was kids we have. I understand taking pride in your programs and I like SU and would love to have you in the ACC, primarily because I think it would be an even match up in FB.

Fair enough. What was your record last year? Ours was 8-5 w/ a bowl win. Still care to say we're wrong for knowing we're better?

I am nervous about the game, but our team is not the garbage some think they are but we like it that way. It was that way when we won the ACC. We have 17 returning starters and our k. And we are suppose to return the same next year so I think the future looks bright. And since Grobe became coach we are not the Deacons of the Caldwell era 1-10 or 2-12. We lost 2 games on last second scores last year and another we could have won. The year before that we were 5-7 and 4 or 5 games was decided by less than 7 pts.

Do you look at ND the same way I don't they haven't won anything relevant in ages. People look at NCSU and UNC much better than us. But Grobe is like 20-5 against NC schools and UNC and NCSU have not won an ACC title since most of us was kids we have. I understand taking pride in your programs and I like SU and would love to have you in the ACC, primarily because I think it would be an even match up in FB.

Despite ND being perennially overrated they are a much better program. They may not have a better team, but they have a national fanbase and their own friggin TV contract. You can discount history and tradition all you want. There's a reason why people think NCSU and UNC are better than WF - they own you historically and have richer tradition in college football.

Wake, you, Swofford, and the ACC.

**** Wake, **** you, **** Swofford, and **** the ACC.
I think we are going to be for some classic CIL inebriated posting on the board by the time the night is over

Listen Jimmy, you guys have a cute thing going on there in Winston. I know, because I used to bump uglies with a few girls there. But let's get real, outside of Tim Duncan you're pretty much when it comes to athletics. Maybe comfortably mediocre in hoops.

Also, didn't JMU or Richmond, or one of those teams knock of Va Tech last year or some ? I'd be real careful bubs.

Are you SERIOUS?

Syracuse is ranked in the top 15 ALL TIME in wins.

Where is Wake Forest on that list?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom