lost in all of this madness | Syracusefan.com

lost in all of this madness

Keita was big time. Could you imagine if couldn't play last night? Rak would have fouled out in 20 minutes.

biggest bright side was that the mooseman played well.

My wife's impending labor might going to hinder my horrible mspaintshopping this week Duke team pictures with Greene in there. Boeheim stripping down with magic mike. Terrified hop standing with lee Harvey Oswald

Millhouse said:
My wife's impending labor might going to hinder my horrible mspaintshopping this week Duke team pictures with Greene in there. Boeheim stripping down with magic mike. Terrified hop standing with lee Harvey Oswald
Sorry wrong thread for this one

20?
Rak had 4 fouls in 17 minutes; Keita had 4 fouls in 20 minutes.

The way they were calling the game (on us) last night, Rak absolutely would have fouled out that quickly without Keita.

Millhouse said:

Another on the way? Congrats.

They still need to stop passing him the ball. It's worse than four on five before the shot goes up

Fact. I have no idea why we hate throwing the ball into Rak in the post, but we seem to enjoy passing to Keita cutting to the rim on a pick & roll. Which almost always ends badly.

G slipped him a nice pass - fumbled it.

I think it was Fair that shot an airball that landed oh so fortunately right in his hands - then, of course, it went out of bounds.

Worst hands I've ever seen.

But, he played a good game overall, and it was definitely nice to have him back.

Fact. I have no idea why we hate throwing the ball into Rak in the post, but we seem to enjoy passing to Keita cutting to the rim on a pick & roll. Which almost always ends badly.

I think it was Fair that shot an airball that landed oh so fortunately right in his hands - then, of course, it went out of bounds.

But, he played a good game overall, and it was definitely nice to have him back.

Part of the reason why they "enjoy" it is because Keita is almost always left unguarded on the roll. Even so, Keita should never be passed to if he is moving.

I had to laugh when Bilas blamed Ennis for that pass to BMK. "put him in a bad position" LOL. It was a perfect pass. BMK screwed it up.

I had to laugh when Bilas blamed Ennis for that pass to BMK. "put him in a bad position" LOL. It was a perfect pass. BMK screwed it up.

Hmm...I thought Bilas was correct. As Syracuse fans, we have seen more than enough evidence that BMK can not handle passes in those situations. Bilas only sees SU play how many times a year, but knows that it is a bad decision to give Keita the ball on that play, even if the pass is "perfect."

yup Kieta lowered his shoulder into him before going up. Bad commentary by Bias there

Hmm...I thought Bilas was correct. As Syracuse fans, we have seen more than enough evidence that BMK can not handle passes in those situations. Bilas only sees SU play how many times a year, but knows that it is a bad decision to give Keita the ball on that play, even if the pass is "perfect."

Depends on your point of view. Sure we all know that BMK can't handle that fairly easy play (for most college big men) so if you want to technically state that Ennis put him in a bad position then ok but really it's on BMK for not being able to handle a play that most HS centers can handle. Pretty basic play. That said I thought BMK did a great job on the offensive boards. If I had one wish with him I'd like to see him stop running out toward the high post man when he is completely out of control. Four out of five times he picks up the cheap foul.

retro44 said:
yup Kieta lowered his shoulder into him before going up. Bad commentary by Bias there
Asking him to catch a ball IS putting him in a bad position

If we are talking about things that were lost in last nights madness, how about the comments that Grant was late coming out for the second half because he was apparently having back problems? The accompanying video did show an apparently grimacing Grant. Anyone know if Grant has a nagging back problem, or perhaps something potentially more problematic? If so, are things like Keita's knee, Grant's back, Cooney becoming invisible recently, Fair's shooting efficiency, even Ennis' struggling a bit more the past couple of games a matter of my neurotic need to worry, or a thin bench and excessive PT catching up with some of these kids?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Better put a beating on Maryland tomorrow or the media is really going to start to run with the, what's wrong with Syracuse story.

All that said, as long as the team is healthy I still have a ton of confidence they are going to make a deep run. You can just see the team doesn't get rattled and they have a real deep-down dislike of being beaten.

If we are talking about things that were lost in last nights madness, how about the comments that Grant was late coming out for the second half because he was apparently having back problems? The accompanying video did show an apparently grimacing Grant. Anyone know if Grant has a nagging back problem, or perhaps something potentially more problematic? If so, are things like Keita's knee, Grant's back, Cooney becoming invisible recently, Fair's shooting efficiency, even Ennis' struggling a bit more the past couple of games a matter of my neurotic need to worry, or a thin bench and excessive PT catching up with some of these kids?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Better put a beating on Maryland tomorrow or the media is really going to start to run with the, what's wrong with Syracuse story.

All that said, as long as the team is healthy I still have a ton of confidence they are going to make a deep run. You can just see the team doesn't get rattled and they have a real deep-down dislike of being beaten.
Don't think anything you mentioned has to do with fatigue.

Depends on your point of view. Sure we all know that BMK can't handle that fairly easy play (for most college big men) so if you want to technically state that Ennis put him in a bad position then ok but really it's on BMK for not being able to handle a play that most HS centers can handle. Pretty basic play. That said I thought BMK did a great job on the offensive boards. If I had one wish with him I'd like to see him stop running out toward the high post man when he is completely out of control. Four out of five times he picks up the cheap foul.

How is it on Keita? He can't make that play, no amount of hand wringing or comparison to others who can make that play is going to change it. In terms of his ultimate development you can say its on him that he is unable to catch a pass like that, but in terms of an in game situation is entirely on Ennis because we all know what the outcome of that pass is likely to be...the foul was just a bonus on top of the expected TO.

A point guard has to know the capabilities of his teammates and making a pass that would be a good pass to CJ, Jerami or even Xmas, can be a bad play when made to Keita.

If we are talking about things that were lost in last nights madness, how about the comments that Grant was late coming out for the second half because he was apparently having back problems? The accompanying video did show an apparently grimacing Grant. Anyone know if Grant has a nagging back problem, or perhaps something potentially more problematic?

This is a great point! If Jerami has health issues we are screwed.

How is it on Keita? He can't make that play, no amount of hand wringing or comparison to others who can make that play is going to change it. In terms of his ultimate development you can say its on him that he is unable to catch a pass like that, but in terms of an in game situation is entirely on Ennis because we all know what the outcome of that pass is likely to be...the foul was just a bonus on top of the expected TO.

A point guard has to know the capabilities of his teammates and making a pass that would be a good pass to CJ, Jerami or even Xmas, can be a bad play when made to Keita.

Fair points. I agree that Ennis has to be aware of that. As stated in my original post my problem was with Bilas. He could have put a much finer point on it by saying "Ennis should not have thrown that pass because BMK is clumsy and can't handle such a simple play." Maybe that's what he meant when he said Ennis put BMK in a bad position but hell that pass was perfectly delivered and yeah it's pretty pathetic that BMK as a senior can't handle such a simple play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom