Lost in the Shuffle - Nassib Invited to Senior Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lost in the Shuffle - Nassib Invited to Senior Bowl

And? He's not out there running a zone read spread offense. He's not running an option offense. He's running a stand-in-the-pocket-and-find-receivers-down-field offense. His 40 time is irrelevant. Peyton Manning? Same thing. Tom Brady? Same thing. Drew Brees? Same thing. Eli Manning? Same thing. Matt Schaub? Same thing. The only reason mobility would matter is because you have a o-line.
You are grossly underrating Luck's agility.

You are grossly underrating Luck's agility.

The point isn't about agility. I don't see Andrew Luck out there running all over the field. Unless the pocket collapses and he is running for his life, Luck is a pocket passer. The original post I responded to was that Nassib wont be successful in the league because the NFL is moving toward a mobile QB league. That is simply not true.

Regardless of Luck's agility or 40 times, it's his pocket presence that makes him a good QB. Same thing for all those other QB's I mentioned. If Nassib has a decent O-line and his able to stand in there and make reads, then I don't see a reason why he can't have a successful career as an NFL QB, regardless of what the hell is 40 time is.

I'm confused. Are we supposed to hate him too if he gets drafted by the Bills? Just want to make sure I dont screw up.

Hopefully the spring game is draft weekend again, so I can go out and by a #12 Nassib Bills Jersey and watch Milly and JC heads explode.

It's going to be great!

But Millhouse wants to know how well Nassib does in AFC east games. :D

Poor guy has to be going crazy right about now. "Hey Milly, see that meathead coach over there? He's YOUR meathead coach now!"

It's great, ain't it?

The point isn't about agility. I don't see Andrew Luck out there running all over the field. Unless the pocket collapses and he is running for his life, Luck is a pocket passer. The original post I responded to was that Nassib wont be successful in the league because the NFL is moving toward a mobile QB league. That is simply not true.

Regardless of Luck's agility or 40 times, it's his pocket presence that makes him a good QB. Same thing for all those other QB's I mentioned. If Nassib has a decent O-line and his able to stand in there and make reads, then I don't see a reason why he can't have a successful career as an NFL QB, regardless of what the hell is 40 time is.
I don't know how much you have seen Luck play, but his style is not at all that of Brady or either of the Mannings. They will throw the ball away almost any time they are in jeopardy. Luck is perfectly happy to pull it down and run (not scramble) for extra yards.

I don't know how much you have seen Luck play, but his style is not at all that of Brady or either of the Mannings. They will throw the ball away almost any time they are in jeopardy. Luck is perfectly happy to pull it down and run (not scramble) for extra yards.

Regardless, that isn't the play design. That's obviously a nice little added bonus to him, but it's not what makes him a good QB.

Regardless, that isn't the play design. That's obviously a nice little added bonus to him, but it's not what makes him a good QB.
Rushing yards this past season:

Brady--32
E Manning--30
P Manning--23

Luck--255
Which makes him comparable to Rodgers--259

Anything but a statue in the pocket.

As time goes on, Luck may run less. But right now, that's an integral part of his game.

Rushing yards this past season:

Brady--32
E Manning--30
P Manning--23

Luck--255
Which makes him comparable to Rodgers--259

Anything but a statue in the pocket.

As time goes on, Luck may run less. But right now, that's an integral part of his game.

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. Brady, Eli or Peyton could all throw for 255 yards in a half, so 255 rushing yards over 16 games is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, an added bonus to be able to move around a little bit, but I guarantee 95% of those rushing yards were from broken plays, and they aren't the reason he's making the big bucks.

I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. Brady, Eli or Peyton could all throw for 255 yards in a half, so 255 rushing yards over 16 games is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Like I said, an added bonus to be able to move around a little bit, but I guarantee 95% of those rushing yards were from broken plays, and they aren't the reason he's making the big bucks.
My point isthat Luck is much more comparable to Rodgers and other mobile QB's than he is to the anchored-to-the-pocket throwers like the Mannings or Brady.

My point isthat Luck is much more comparable to Rodgers and other mobile QB's than he is to the anchored-to-the-pocket throwers like the Mannings or Brady.

Yeah I'll agree with that, but that little bit of mobility isn't a prerequisite to being a star QB in the league.

I'm confused. Are we supposed to hate him too if he gets drafted by the Bills? Just want to make sure I dont screw up.
No. Players are different.

It doesn't matter - you'll screw up.

Haven't you learned how this goes yet? :)