Lots of rumors of Calipari to the NBA-Hope Noel is aware. Some tweets | Syracusefan.com

Lots of rumors of Calipari to the NBA-Hope Noel is aware. Some tweets

Shouldn't he win something before he gives up and moves on again?

No...not if he knows that infractions are in Kentucky's not to distance future. It fits his MO to a tee.

Ian O'Connor on ESPN 1050 NYC this morning speculating on Calipari to coach Knicks next season.

i almost feel bad for uk fans... they made a deal with the devil bringing on cal.

Who would they go after to replace Cal?

I may have not been paying much attention to the NBA these past few weeks, but this all seems like blind speculation rather than a sourced rumor...

Did I miss something?

I may have not been paying much attention to the NBA these past few weeks, but this all seems like blind speculation rather than a sourced rumor...

Did I miss something?

Isola is clued in, he knows the inner thinking of dolan more than any other media guy...its legit imo

I want to like the Knicks, more so once Melo came on but it just hasn't happend for me. This will make it impossible for me to do so.

No...not if he knows that infractions are in Kentucky's not to distance future. It fits his MO to a tee.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The NCAA is coming for a visit Lexington.

No, it is entirely based upon how close the NCAA lynch mob is to taking down UK.

Who would they go after to replace Cal?

Brad Stevens?

Although with the NCAA violations that will follow they may have to settle for a lesser coach.

i can understand why he would want to leave if that is the case, but i have no idea why NBA teams think he would be a success there. NBA and college arent the same.

i can understand why he would want to leave if that is the case, but i have no idea why NBA teams think he would be a success there. NBA and college arent the same.

Big name to generate hype / fan interest / ticket sales.

Otherwise, as you correctly point out, there is virtually no correlation between being a successful college coach and that translating to the professional ranks. We all saw how he performed during his last NBA stint.

When Calipari coached the Nets in the late 90s he only lasted a little over two seasons. Team got off to a horrible start in year 3 and he was quickly shown the door. As I recall, no one in the organization was sorry to see him go. Dolan would be a fool to hire him, so I guess that means there's a good chance of it happening. The Knicks would be better off making Carmelo a player/coach.

When Calipari coached the Nets in the late 90s he only lasted a little over two seasons. Team got off to a horrible start in year 3 and he was quickly shown the door. As I recall, no one in the organization was sorry to see him go. Dolan would be a fool to hire him, so I guess that means there's a good chance of it happening. The Knicks would be better off making Carmelo a player/coach.

Maybe Isiah Thomas told Cal he could get Dolan to hire him if Cal redirected some of the recruits he's already bought FIU's way. :)

If not the NCAA its probably the sniffing around that Thamel has been doing. If PT is involved there is some dirt to uncover. Plus there are reasons to believe that neither Shabazz nor Noel will go to UK even if PayPal Cal is there. That would weaken his incoming class significantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom