Louisville and the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Louisville and the ACC

AlaskaSU

Build a dorm, burn the locker rm. upgrade the dome
Will the ACC drop them? Once they are sanctioned their basketball program will be dust. Is this too much bad PR for the ACC when combined with UNC, Miami and us. Football is more important so they are probably safe but I'd guess that expulsion will be considered. It would be a stern warning from the league to the teams to clean up their act.

Will the ACC drop them? Once they are sanctioned their basketball program will be dust. Is this too much bad PR for the ACC when combined with UNC, Miami and us. Football is more important so they are probably safe but I'd guess that expulsion will be considered. It would be a stern warning from the league to the teams to clean up their act.
I don't think so because Louisville knows where everyone else has buried their skeletons. I think the ACC swallows hard and keeps their fingers crossed that UNC and Duke don't get linked to the FBI probe. NCAA they can handle, FBI not so much and cutting ties with people who know the truth could come back to bite them.

Didn't GT jut sign with Adidas ?

What other ACC schools are Adidas clients = Ville, Miami, NC State

And fall behind the SEC Again?Don't think so as the SEC will pick them up as a great fit

I don't think so because Louisville knows where everyone else has buried their skeletons. I think the ACC swallows hard and keeps their fingers crossed that UNC and Duke don't get linked to the FBI probe. NCAA they can handle, FBI not so much and cutting ties with people who know the truth could come back to bite them.

Fear of Louisville retribution is a non-factor. The FBI is threatening the perps with 80 year jail terms. FBI initiated flipping will take place regardless of what the ACC or NCAA does.

Once the Louisville basketball team is descimated the ACC could consider taking on a more profitable alternative team in lieu of Lousiville. Not saying it will happen but i would not be surprised if it is considered.

Fear of Louisville retribution is a non-factor. The FBI is threatening the perps with 80 year jail terms. FBI initiated flipping will take place regardless of what the ACC or NCAA does.

Once the Louisville basketball team is descimated the ACC could consider taking on a more profitable alternative team in lieu of Lousiville. Not saying it will happen but i would not be surprised if it is considered.

Football drives the bus.
Hoops is just a nice side hustle.

Llvll still has a marquee football program. They ain't going anywhere.

Maybe that explains why NC State players leave the program early. Maybe the stipend was not being doled out.

Football drives the bus.
Hoops is just a nice side hustle.

Llvll still has a marquee football program. They ain't going anywhere.

I wonder what the football players get...

Maybe that explains why NC State players leave the program early. Maybe the stipend was not being doled out.

Gottfried was keeping it all for himself

No.

They will get hammered for basketball but their football program was why they got in,

Their hoops will be damaged a lot but they will come back.

no ...

football drives the bus.

Re: Football, Petrino is a walking violation waiting to happen.

If Louisville is going to clean up their athletic department, Petrino has to go as well. Petrino's protector was Jurich and now he is gone. I can't imagine that a new President (Louisville is looking for a President right now) and a new AD will want to keep Petrino around.

Gee Louisville has a pretty darn good quarterback.

Wonder how they got him?

Petrino thus far has been clean during his second stint as UL coach.

He could look to jump to Ole Miss or LSU though if they came calling.

Interesting re; NC State. I know they haven't been mentioned but prior to NC State and UNCW, Keats was Pitino's assistant at L'Ville. I hope this occurred after his tenure there.

Let's not act like Football is the be all end all. Louisville was the highest profitable basketball program. The ACC (like all conferences) values money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom