Louisville and the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville and the ACC

Petrino thus far has been clean during his second stint as UL coach.
Yes, locally I have not heard any rumblings about Petrino this go around, but that doesn't mean much.

Yes, locally I have not heard any rumblings about Petrino this go around, but that doesn't mean much.
Um, didn't they manage to acquire Wake's game plan before last year's game?

Lost in all the mess at UofL is one coach who genuinely is a great guy and coach...Dan McDonnell their baseball coach (also good for ACC). Of course, baseball doesn't have anywhere close to all the corrupted money flow like the other sports.

Um, didn't they manage to acquire Wake's game plan before last year's game?
Oh yeah. That hasn't had much legs lately at least not publicly.

David Teel

✔@DavidTeelatDP

On the blog: How #ACC could, and why it should, sanction Louisville for series of scandals. http://bit.ly/2wZNF3h

8:31 AM - Sep 28, 2017

Louisville is already in the hole for 50 million. They are about to be financially crushed. How are they going to make payments to YUM when they have a walk-on basketball team? They will become dead weight to the ACC. To those that say that Louisville is no Temple consider that they might become far inferior to Temple. How long can they field a top flight football team when the rest of the University is falling down around their feet? Pitino is a piece of work.

David Teel

✔@DavidTeelatDP

On the blog: How #ACC could, and why it should, sanction Louisville for series of scandals. http://bit.ly/2wZNF3h

8:31 AM - Sep 28, 2017

Louisville is already in the hole for 50 million. They are about to be financially crushed. How are they going to make payments to YUM when they have a walk-on basketball team? They will become dead weight to the ACC. To those that say that Louisville is no Temple consider that they might become far inferior to Temple. How long can they field a top flight football team when the rest of the University is falling down around their feet? Pitino is a piece of work.
if pitino was a rogue operator, working in cahoots with adidas without the knowledge of anyone above jurich, it seems to me that uofl may have a cause of action against adidas.
disclaimer: i am not an attorney

Lost in all the mess at UofL is one coach who genuinely is a great guy and coach...Dan McDonnell their baseball coach (also good for ACC). Of course, baseball doesn't have anywhere close to all the corrupted money flow like the other sports.
Ha, a buddy of mine that lives in Baton Rouge says SEC baseball is very,very corrupt and he is a huge baseball fan.

Ha, a buddy of mine that lives in Baton Rouge says SEC baseball is very,very corrupt and he is a huge baseball fan.
Well maybe so. But I can't imagine it's anywhere close to CFB and CBB given the relative money involved. Anyway, at least UofL's baseball coach apparently doesn't carry the all the negative baggage as some of their other coaches.

Will the ACC drop them? Once they are sanctioned their basketball program will be dust. Is this too much bad PR for the ACC when combined with UNC, Miami and us. Football is more important so they are probably safe but I'd guess that expulsion will be considered. It would be a stern warning from the league to the teams to clean up their act.

Personally, I don't foresee that happening (but not claiming to be clairvoyant). Their interim president took strong action against their BB coach and AD and I think that will settle the issue with other ACC presidents, plus none of their assistant coaches were arrested by the FBI - that would be OK State, Arizona, Auburn, and Southern Cal. I think more schools will be involved with this soon - out of conference. The FBI appears not to be concerned with $$ going to "student-athletes" and has not mentioned FB so for the moment some famous schools who are suspected of using the "Bagman" appear to be out of reach - but one day ...

Meet the Bag Man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom