Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Fires Bobby Petrino / Hires Scott Satterfield

This firing is everything wrong with the world today. People are so fickle and can't handle any adversity these days.

One bad season and Petrino is gone.

Petrino is 119-56.

His teams finished ranked 7 times in the 14 years he's coached. Final AP finishes of #5, #5, #6, #12, #19, #21, #24.

He won an Orange Bowl at Louisville and lost a really tough battle against Ohio State 31-26 in the Sugar Bowl while at Arkansas.

There's no denying that Louisville looks like garbage this year but he has a proven track record of winning and the first year his team sucks he's shown the door.
Walked out on Louisville.
Walked out on the Falcons.
Embarrassed Arkansas with his public adultery.

Louisville never should have re-hired him.

I didn’t know he had half his family on the staff...jeepers creepers

Bobby Petrino has been let go at Louisville, per report. Associate head coach / secondary coach Lorenzo Ward will be the interim head coach, per multiple outlets. 247 adds that quarterbacks coach Nick Petrino, linebackers coach Ryan Beard, defensive line coach LD Scott, and director of football operations Andy Wagner have been let go. Petrino is (of course) the son of Bobby, and Beard and Scott are both son-in-laws.

Didn’t he have a cripplingly large buyout? If so, UL’s finances could be hurting after this move. It was probably the right thing to do, but still...

Didn’t he have a cripplingly large buyout? If so, UL’s finances could be hurting after this move. It was probably the right thing to do, but still...

$14m, if they want to buy brohm out, it'll cost another $5m

if you are petrino, life can't be that bad. getting paid $14m for not working.

Jeff Brohm, please pick up the red courtesy phone...

That's interesting and while he will be the obvious choice; does he take it. He has a mid level job in the B10, at a good school in the easier B10 division. He has really recruited and built something there.

Does he want to head to the Ville and be faced with expectations and Clemson and FSU and well...Cuse each year!?:)

20 kids asked for their release this week. Kids backing off of their verbals. The school had no choice

Not sure how those kids and their parents let them commit there in the first place;)

$14m, if they want to buy brohm out, it'll cost another $5m

if you are petrino, life can't be that bad. getting paid $14m for not working.

I hope Louisville has a chance to get out of it, or at least negot8ate it downward. He quit on the team, hanging on for a paycheck putting forth no effort to win and control his team, chasing away players and recruits should equate to sufficient cause to at least reduce the buyout. Buyout clauses assume a good faith effort be put forth to perform the duties, nobody has accused (defended) BP of trying hard this season, rather, everyone agrees he was barely going through the motions.

That's interesting and while he will be the obvious choice; does he take it. He has a mid level job in the B10, at a good school in the easier B10 division. He has really recruited and built something there.

Does he want to head to the Ville and be faced with expectations and Clemson and FSU and well...Cuse each year!?:)

He’s a Louisville guy, 100%

I hope Louisville has a chance to get out of it, or at least negot8ate it downward. He quit on the team, hanging on for a paycheck putting forth no effort to win and control his team, chasing away players and recruits should equate to sufficient cause to at least reduce the buyout. Buyout clauses assume a good faith effort be put forth to perform the duties, nobody has accused (defended) BP of trying hard this season, rather, everyone agrees he was barely going through the motions.

lol, i would love to see a judge's reaction to that argument.

Purdue isn't mid level IMO. I think the people singing Purdues praises need to be informed that they just lost 41-10 to Minnesota. I had to google it myself upon reading this thread so don't feel bad anyone for not knowing that off the top of your head but that Ohio State game might be the high water mark. Indy is a dump I'd rather live in Louisville and IMO KY is a better state than IN.

I think the B1G is awful. I posted on another message board in the 1Q of OSU MSU that the refs were doing everything they could to help OSU calling a hold after every MSU first down and that MSU looked better but they'd hand OSU the game on a fumble return TD. Think they ended up getting something like 21 points that way and via an intentional safety.

Brohm to Ville is good for us we don't want the perception of our half of the ACC changing. Hope he goes home. Will make the B1G look bad which is always welcome to me.

lol, i would love to see a judge's reaction to that argument.

By all measures past and present, the Cardinals on-field performance has significantly dropped off. BP cannot claim this year's performance was within his "norm". The lack of performance and other factors can be argues as bad faith effort on BP's part. BP has a duty of good faith in his efforts to fulfill his contract. He clearly failed.

If nothing else, it elevates BP's risk in going before a judge and jury (does anyone think a jury in Louisville would be favorable to BP right now?) forcing him into negotiations.

Hey, maybe Papa John can raise pizza prices a nickel per to pay for all the buyouts. He said he wouldn't do it to provide health care for his employees, but I'm sure he views this as much more important.

I'll say it again: Who the bleep wants to buy crappy pizza from a German guy from Indiana?

By all measures past and present, the Cardinals on-field performance has significantly dropped off. BP cannot claim this year's performance was within his "norm". The lack of performance and other factors can be argues as bad faith effort on BP's part. BP has a duty of good faith in his efforts to fulfill his contract. He clearly failed.

If nothing else, it elevates BP's risk in going before a judge and jury (does anyone think a jury in Louisville would be favorable to BP right now?) forcing him into negotiations.

That’s frivolous and the only evidence you have of it is a poor record for one year. I don’t like the guy, wouldn’t want him to coach Syracuse in a million years, but an attorney would be at risk of sanctions and other discipline for arguing it. You’d basically need some relevant evidence that he purposely lost games or otherwise tried to harm the football program. A bad win-loss record and a large amount of transfer requests does not get you there. Moreover, it goes against common sense. Why would Petrino torpedo his own career?

Last edited:
Dakich is usually pretty good with his Louisville scoops. he is a jacka**, but pretty accurate.

Where is this LVille money coming from? $19 mil owed between Petrino and Brohm's buyouts andddd they're going to be paying Brohm well over $4-5 mil/yr.

Frigging ponzi scheme.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom