Louisville History | Syracusefan.com

Louisville History

TeamGlasses

Walk On
I found some motivation for the guys to get them ready for game 1- August in April if you will. This should be posted in the weight room, I know Louisville is thinking about it - our guys should be to. 2-10 since 2009 against them!

Closest margin in last 10 years was 19, rough for Cards and Orange fans alike in these ones. How does Cuse overcome such blowout losses to the same team repeatedly, regardless of the staff, players and most of the time location (lucky we're in the Dome this season)? What are Anae and Beck instilling in the offense to out-duel the unstoppable Cards? Will we see trick plays like we did in the spring game (and should in game 1)? What is the defensive identity in the box to slow Cunningham, after even Lamson went off against our secondary? Any inquisitive minds out there no more than I do on the game plan here?

This is the most pressurized opener Cuse will have had since Coach P days.

Have to win time of possession. Offense has to carry its load, otherwise, defense will get swamped.
Oh, and double spy Cunningham.

Have to win time of possession. Offense has to carry its load, otherwise, defense will get swamped.
Oh, and double spy Cunningham.
Defensively I havent seen anyone slow that kid down.

We are to Louisville and Pitt what Seton Hall and Providence are to us in basketball. It really sucks knowing the history when you walk into the stadium. But it's great the other way around.

I found some motivation for the guys to get them ready for game 1- August in April if you will. This should be posted in the weight room, I know Louisville is thinking about it - our guys should be to. 2-10 since 2009 against them!

Closest margin in last 10 years was 19, rough for Cards and Orange fans alike in these ones. How does Cuse overcome such blowout losses to the same team repeatedly, regardless of the staff, players and most of the time location (lucky we're in the Dome this season)? What are Anae and Beck instilling in the offense to out-duel the unstoppable Cards? Will we see trick plays like we did in the spring game (and should in game 1)? What is the defensive identity in the box to slow Cunningham, after even Lamson went off against our secondary? Any inquisitive minds out there no more than I do on the game plan here?

This is the most pressurized opener Cuse will have had since Coach P days.
Unstoppable Cards?
You know Lamson beat our second team DB's right? Specifically a true freshman on double moves. Did you even watch the spring game?

Unstoppable Cards?
You know Lamson beat our second team DB's right? Specifically a true freshman on double moves. Did you even watch the spring game?
I watched it - and I know which team he played. Second teamers get in the games too bud.

Why is there A UL thread?
This is syracusefan.com our mission is to educate the community on syracuse athletics. Does anyone have any idea what Louisville is doing? No, Should we. Yes. Do we care about our team this season?

Team Glasses is trying to create a sense of urgency.

I don't think it is working but TG is trying.
Urgency towards what?

The only consistency UL’s shown since squandering Lamar Jackson is beating Cuse.

That said, I think we have them this year. Size and athleticism is where they’ve always had a leg up.

Don’t think we see that gap this year. And they won’t catch us midway through the season with the owwies.

I know plenty enough about UL.

Think we win if we hold them scoreless in the first two drives.

There’s no ACC team/program better at getting in their own way. Make them think they cant just run up and down the field and hopefully upset their game plan.

I think Cuse has a chance for 2 reasons

1. Its at home (w returning QB and Tucker)
2. Its not at the end of the year. It seems we almost always are swooning in November when we play them and things snowball and it becomes a blowout at their place because our D does not have an answer to stop their O.

I think Cuse has a chance for 2 reasons

1. Its at home (w returning QB and Tucker)
2. Its not at the end of the year. It seems we almost always are swooning in November when we play them and things snowball and it becomes a blowout at their place because our D does not have an answer to stop their O.
Cunningham is always one tackle away from injury, and he won't be in top shape the 1st game.

Important game!
Beat Louisville and we're going to build momentum from there.
Lose to them and we're going to white-knuckle it all the way through the season.

Last edited:
Important game!
Beat Louisville and we're going to build momentum from there.
Lose to them are we're going to white-knuckle it all the way through the season.
bare knuckle.Wont win without 300 plus passing against questionable secondary.

bare knuckle.Wont win without 300 plus passing against questionable secondary.
I don’t see much reason to believe UL can stop Tucker.

This is more about keeping the game close or gaining a lead in the 1st half. Need our safeties and linebackers mentally sharp.

This is more about keeping the game close or gaining a lead in the 1st half. Need our safeties and linebackers mentally sharp.
We are good at that in season openers under Babers, even the UNC game before it was handed away around halftime. The running game isnt going to surprise anyone though.

We are good at that in season openers under Babers, even the UNC game before it was handed away around halftime. The running game isnt going to surprise anyone though.
Until a team proves they can stop Tucker, we don’t necessarily need to surprise anyone.

Its whether or not anae and beck can add some wrinkles to sustain drives, score and give the defense a breather

Look what they did to Louisville in the 4th quarter last year, 21-0, and win by 1. I think we have people who can effectively change things on the fly. Given a whole offseason Louisville is in a deep hole they won't get out of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom