Louisville is on the clock... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is on the clock...

I hope LOuisville appeals and wins - anything that re-enforces the NCAA"s random, prejudicial, and unequal discipline process is bad for college athletics. IF change doesn't come after they pass on UNC hoops - the fans of the game and the member schools get what they deserve.

I'm still not sure how Ville determines which players were ineligible and why they were.

They'll just list all of the strippers as they were real "players" at the time

Slick Rick's outfit for the appeal

pimp.jpg

where is signor, the apologist, or whatever his name is?

A few things:

* The Ville has been and is the ultimate cess pool of college athletics. From the AD to pitino, petrino, to that loud mouthed girls hoops coach.

* pitino knew about all of this. These coaches are control freaks and have detail and quality and compliance staff tracking every move of 12 players. And with 2-4 recruits a year? Totally locked in on just what the recruiting approach and itinerary will consist of.

* Does anyone else see right through RP here with this rant and appeal? If he just sat back and accepted the soft, laughable penalties? By making a stink he is trying to CONTINUE to sell the "I didnt know" angle. If he just quietly sits back and takes it...its an indirect admission.

* To steal a line from Billy Joel , after RP's scenes in an italian restaurant, a few years back, he has little credibility. But the ncaa doesn't care, Ville fans dont care, and he will sit out for 5 meaningless Jan ACC games, come back, have 2 months to get his team ready for March and nobody will care as we break down the Ville as a 2-4 seed for the tourney.

* Lastly, Cal gets alot of heat, but RP makes Cal look like John Wooden (although JW was no saint) .

A few things:

* The Ville has been and is the ultimate cess pool of college athletics. From the AD to pitino, petrino, to that loud mouthed girls hoops coach.

* pitino knew about all of this. These coaches are control freaks and have detail and quality and compliance staff tracking every move of 12 players. And with 2-4 recruits a year? Totally locked in on just what the recruiting approach and itinerary will consist of.

* Does anyone else see right through RP here with this rant and appeal? If he just sat back and accepted the soft, laughable penalties? By making a stink he is trying to CONTINUE to sell the "I didnt know" angle. If he just quietly sits back and takes it...its an indirect admission.

* To steal a line from Billy Joel , after RP's scenes in an italian restaurant, a few years back, he has little credibility. But the ncaa doesn't care, Ville fans dont care, and he will sit out for 5 meaningless Jan ACC games, come back, have 2 months to get his team ready for March and nobody will care as we break down the Ville as a 2-4 seed for the tourney.

* Lastly, Cal gets alot of heat, but RP makes Cal look like John Wooden (although JW was no saint) .

I agree with this whole premise, but, do you think Boeheim is a control freak as to what the hell is going on and pays attention to the details? I'm talking from an overseeing standpoint and not the giving up the reigns/hanging it up, per se.

I agree with this whole premise, but, do you think Boeheim is a control freak as to what the hell is going on and pays attention to the details? I'm talking from an overseeing standpoint and not the giving up the reigns/hanging it up, per se.

Thats a great question. I mean, these hoops staff's are what 20-25 when all is said and done? From the coach and assistants to S&C to compliance to PR to academics. You have to think the head guy wants to know if any player is in danger of failing a class, not making curfew, etc. It's only 12 guys!!!

Why is no one in jail, or even facing criminal charges?
You don't have to watch Law and Order:SVU to recognize solicitation and procurement, let alone underage sexual exploitation of a minor. Not sure what the age of consent is in Kentucky, but if that's my kid being handed a condom to go do some skank in a back room somewhere, I'm fricken' pissed!!
Unreal how lightly they got punished in this thing. What a joke!

You don't have to watch Law and Order:SVU to recognize solicitation and procurement, let alone underage s e xual exploitation of a minor. Not sure what the age of consent is in Kentucky, but if that's my kid being handed a condom to go do some skank in a back room somewhere, I'm fricken' pissed!!

I would love to see Benson and Stabler iterrogating slick rick.

I would be curious to see what McGee is up to now. If he is working and how he is living. I bet you that even if he isn't working, he is doing ok.

You don't have to watch Law and Order:SVU to recognize solicitation and procurement, let alone underage s e xual exploitation of a minor. Not sure what the age of consent is in Kentucky, but if that's my kid being handed a condom to go do some skank in a back room somewhere, I'm fricken' pissed!!

You're right, of course, especially about a legal prosecution. I doubt any district attorney in Louisville would ever pursue the case for fear of losing his or her job.

You're right, of course, especially about a legal prosecution. I doubt any district attorney in Louisville would ever pursue the case for fear of losing his or her job.

Kind of like the State College Da that investigated Sandusky and went "missing".

I agree 100% It really bothers me when people, including grown adults, are insulated from the law because things happen at a university. There were 3-4 different laws broken multiple times. Someone needs to go to jail.

$10,000 for 22 shows and she says that it enabled her to have the car she drives, etc. The numbers do not add up. If the amount is way North of $10k, where did the money come from? I don't believe it was only $450 per show. Assume four girls; that would be $100 a piece, for a night's work. I am not buying it, and no money for the Madam.

$10,000 for 22 shows and she says that it enabled her to have the car she drives, etc. The numbers do not add up. If the amount is way North of $10k, where did the money come from? I don't believe it was only $450 per show. Assume four girls; that would be $100 a piece, for a night's work. I am not buying it, and no money for the Madam.

The IRS might be interested in this, if anyone worked for the IRS anymore.

The Louisville outcome will be a harbinger of the Tar Heel outcome. Our best hope for return to power is if both of them are reduced to rubble. Bottom line is that our digressions did not give us a competitive advantage but the Ville had a significant recruiting advantage and NC, with its total disregard for academics, had a significant competitive advantage. I'm also curious about the arrangement that allowed NC athletes to take classes at another nearby school that was low caliber. Another highly irregular arrangement that they would justify on the same grounds - namely that any student could do it. It would be like enrolling Cuse athletes at the local CC. Why is this not another matter to be investigated? It conferred a significant competitive advantage.

We are so lucky to keep our sole championship. NCAA could easily take that away!

In a way, I think NCAA pity us. They think we don't deserve that title, but let us keep it anyway.

We are so lucky to keep our sole championship. NCAA could easily take that away!

In a way, I think NCAA pity us. They think we don't deserve that title, but let us keep it anyway.
Huh? None of the infractions were during the championship season.

Do you realize she was referring to the money that she has made from the book deal and the subsequent interviews? There is reason why the numbers you are using "do not add up."

Age of consent is 16 in Kentucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom