Louisville is on the clock... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville is on the clock...

I'm still not sure how Ville determines which players were ineligible and why they were.

This seems crazy light on practical penalties compared to what we got (even acknowledging that it was JB's second time in the principal's office) given the nature of the violations.

That said, if they really nuke the 2013 title that is about as harsh a symbolic penalty as you can get.

I'm kind of torn on how much to care about symbolic penalties. I don't really take JB's loss of wins seriously since I know they happened, but losing a title feels different. Would you trade our penalties for UL's if it meant losing the 2003 title? I don't think I would.

18ltvkfnt7qqcjpg.jpg
Great placement. Only players in the showers and strippers can see it.

We should sue.

If the lawsuit was modeled after the Penn State one where we accuse of the NCAA of not following proper due process all the lawsuit needs to be is strong enough to survive summary judgment.

We should have smart enough lawyers to find issues on this. Once we survived summary judgment we could get discovery and get depositions.

Doing nothing now is horrible job by the SU administration.
Hookers for everyone and we call it even!

Great placement. Only players in the showers and strippers can see it.
The NCAA should order that that tat has to come down, too.

Can someone answer a couple of questions?

1. Is there a loss of previously earned revenue attached to the sanctions?

2. Does the NCAA have the power to essentially fine schools for misbehavior (aside from the revenue lost due to any other sanctions)?

I've seen nothing about this so I presume the answers are "no" in both cases.
But does anyone know for sure?

The NCAA should order that that tat has to come down, too.

Can someone answer a couple of questions?

1. Is there a loss of previously earned revenue attached to the sanctions?

2. Does the NCAA have the power to essentially fine schools for misbehavior (aside from the revenue lost due to any other sanctions)?

I've seen nothing about this so I presume the answers are "no" in both cases.
But does anyone know for sure?

All the sanctions are spelled out in Post #28

A $5,000 fine (self-imposed by the university). The university must also return to the NCAA the money received through conference revenue sharing for its appearances in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championships. Future revenue distributions that are scheduled to be provided to the university from those tournaments also must be withheld by the conference and forfeited to the NCAA.

A $5,000 fine (self-imposed by the university). The university must also return to the NCAA the money received through conference revenue sharing for its appearances in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championships. Future revenue distributions that are scheduled to be provided to the university from those tournaments also must be withheld by the conference and forfeited to the NCAA.

Interesting that the money is returned to the NCAA. That's an obvious conflict of interest. The NCAA gains by bringing sanctions against a school. Far better if the conference receives and divides the money.

wow pitino whining about the punishment like it was waaay over the top.

Thank you.

So, it's as if the team failed to make the NCAA Tournament in the years at issue.
No out of pocket loss that a fine would create.

Would be even better if Pitino and the university president had to stand on a busy corner wearing a sandwich board saying, "My school cheats. I failed."

Lol Pitino referencing Jimmy V in his interview... unbelievable.

UNC is going to lose to the 2005 NC now.

They have to get a one year postseason ban and lose multiple scholarships.

JB's attitude and thumbing his nose at the NCAA definitely hurt us when we went in front of the NCAA.
12 scholarships lost over 4 years was and is still a joke.

Besides losing the Fab Melo wins in 2012 which players were deemed ineligible and cost JB another 70-80 wins?

If only we can pin something on Michigan, we can claim another national title.
You mean pin something on the referee's who did that game. They should be put on probation.

They put the hammer down on them, but not as bad as us. Now let's hope the NCAA does it worse to UNC (yeah right).
Can't you see, as the violations get worse but the school brand gets larger, the penalties get less.

UNC is going to lose to the 2005 NC now.

They have to get a one year postseason ban and lose multiple scholarships.

JB's attitude and thumbing his nose at the NCAA definitely hurt us when we went in front of the NCAA.
12 scholarships lost over 4 years was and is still a joke.

Besides losing the Fab Melo wins in 2012 which players were deemed ineligible and cost JB another 70-80 wins?

I assumed it was any games that the failed drug test guys played in. Don't think those players were specifically identified.

I assumed it was any games that the failed drug test guys played in. Don't think those players were specifically identified.
I don't think we lost any wins due to drug testing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom