Louisville Postgame Thoughts | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Postgame Thoughts

This isn’t really fair. A win is not a win in our situation. Margin of victory is important (unfortunately) and we had a 20 pt lead well into the second half. It is not unreasonable to be somewhat disappointed that the margin we had and needed was whittled away carelessly.
I respect your opinion, but do have a different perspective-
Sure it wasn't the classic door-slamming finish-
Considering where this team was, I'm going to allow myself to be happy that they've put together a 4-game win streak, peaking at the right time of the season, and now destiny is in their hands for March Madness.
This team is still a work in progress, and riding along, in general, has been a lot more fun lately.
This is a VERY happy and somewhat unexpected development from earlier in the season -for me!

20 flippin wins in his first season and 11-8 in conference. Great job Red ! with a seriously flawed roster and no post players. Hanging on by a thread with a 6-8 and 6-6 kid manning the fort inside. Unbelievable.

He must have took that nutty tweet to heart to because suddenly they have Bell running all over trying to shoot off screens. Love it.

Bell moving off ball.

Maliq-as-Draymond

JT being a guy that cuts and gets points at the rim.

All items that are recent. That’s coaching.

I truly don’t think people understand how much this team is achieving. When are we going to give them the credit they deserve instead of all these back hand compliments ? It’s so weird to me that people aren’t genuinely happy with these outcomes

This team is horrible. I hate that we won blah blah blah Something something Net and ranking and Red...blah blah blah. Somebody shoot me please, so I can finally be happy!!!

I truly don’t think people understand how much this team is achieving. When are we going to give them the credit they deserve instead of all these back hand compliments ? It’s so weird to me that people aren’t genuinely happy with these outcomes

There are those that are not ready to accept Red can do better with the same players.

This post will be...

There are those that are not ready to accept Red can do better with the same players.

This post will be...
It would have been a disaster this season. Can't argue with anybody who thinks otherwise.

Bell moving off ball.

Maliq-as-Draymond

JT being a guy that cuts and gets points at the rim.

All items that are recent. That’s coaching.
But does that happen if draymond doesn’t call out the coaches?

Games like tonight are where a healthy Chance would have been beyond great
I would have settled for just having McLeod and Williams still part of the rotation. Red would have had so many more options and would have been able to play more people at their natural positions.

I think Red has had a great first year. I feel like multiple players have improved this year and this is a fun team to watch. They make mistakes but I'm enjoying the up and down style. I was hoping we would get close to 20 wins after the year was over and we could win 22-23. I go to bed tonight thinking if we beat Clemson and win a game or two in the acc tourney we have a shot. I don't get all the negativity.

The blowout losses, lack of blowout wins, Chaminade not counting in NET and our extremely poor rebounding metrics are what has crushed our NET. Whole thing is a joke this year.
Not to nit pick but general question - for the folks who think margin of winning doesn't show how good a team is, what is your opinion on high margin of losses? Our margin in losses is about -18 point difference (with 2 almost 40 point losses) and most of our good wins are against teams on the wrong side of the bubble.

I Still Don't Think that I like this team very much and somehow we are playing for a double bye most likely on Tuesday.

Survive and advance at this point. Win is a win.
Only caught the last 4 minutes. Up 10, and still the team somehow managed to give me a few mini strokes. Never seen a team so consistently be up so many points, then suddenly cannot score at all, and give up super quick scores on the other end. Drain the clock, throw up a garbage shot, and get scored on within 3 seconds on the other end.

Only caught the last 4 minutes. Up 10, and still the team somehow managed to give me a few mini strokes. Never seen a team so consistently be up so many points, then suddenly cannot score at all, and give up super quick scores on the other end. Drain the clock, throw up a garbage shot, and get scored on within 3 seconds on the other end.
5 out of 6………wins vs UNC and at NC state

Tournament or not, this has been an impressive 1st season for Red. Taking nothing away from the players, Red has pretty much made "chicken salad" given the hand he's been dealt with the roster construction, the injuries, and the dismissal.

Our NET is just about irrelevant to whether we get in the tournament it's a sorting tool for team's wins
You can believe that if you want, but in reality that’s not how it works. The NCAA created the stupid, flawed NET so they’re going to use it

Road win vs Lville and KenPom stayed exactly the same (80). I’m sure the NET will be similar as they’re highly correlated.

Complete BS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom