Louisville responds to NCAA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville responds to NCAA

A question for the lawyers on the board: If any of the recruits for whom hookers were hired were under age, would it constitute a criminal act?

Paying for sex constitutes a criminal act most places, no?

Of course we know from the whole sordid episode in Happy Valley that the NCAA isn't all that concerned about criminal sexual activities committed by its members institutions.

Paying for s e x constitutes a criminal act most places, no?

Of course we know from the whole sordid episode in Happy Valley that the NCAA isn't all that concerned about criminal s e xual activities committed by its members institutions.

True, I worded my question poorly. Paying for sexual activities is illegal but likely a misdemeanor. I am curious if providing sex to a minor crosses the line to felony.

Yes, don't think it's a big deal nor a big difference if players get the basket bunnies for recruits or hookers are bought..

Obviously, it's a pretty big deal, as Louisville is facing potentially serious sanctions. Having a coach paying hookers to entertain recruits and players is no different than buying kids bags of pot. You've got an assistant coach breaking the law to entice recruits. That's ok with you?

Last edited:
It is a bit disturbing that strippers were involved but in the day in age we're in I'm sure every school visit turns into some sort of wild oats sowing escapade regardless if their strippers or some basketball bunny that's banging the rest of the team.

It sounds like you're condoning it because other schools do it. They were hookers, some underage, and the school paid for it. Name the other schools paying for hookers to get recruits. Paying underage hookers to have sex with your players/recruits is not only a very serious offense, it's also criminal.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. If all we did was impermissible benefits then I would agree but we also had academic fraud which is the biggest thing IMO.

I don't think we get half the sanctions against us if all that was there was the YMCA payments and the odd drug policy.

It is a bit disturbing that strippers were involved but in the day in age we're in I'm sure every school visit turns into some sort of wild oats sowing escapade regardless if their strippers or some basketball bunny that's banging the rest of the team.
Dont know what penalty Louisville gets. As noted above here...Academic Fraud ...along with Gambling are the 2 biggest NCAA no-no's

Hooking can be extremely dangerous for the hooker and the connection to s e x trafficking is obvious. It is illegal in most places for a reason, public health being a big one but also promoting a trade that degrades the practitioner and puts them unreasonably in harms way.

A higher education institution promoting that behavior is ethically challenged at best.

Sounds like the Johns are a bigger problem than the street walkers.

It sounds like you're condoning it because other schools do it. They were hookers, some underage, and the school paid for it. Name the other schools paying for hookers to get recruits. Paying underage hookers to have s e x with your players/recruits is not only a very serious offense, it's also criminal.

I wonder if they have determined or not if McGhee used resources from the Athletic Dept. to pay for these incidents? I have to question some of these recruits. Who would bone any of them? The ones I have seen are fatties and disgusting.

No, it does not. Underage is underage.

If you are of the age of consent, its not illegal to have a sexual relationship with . Its wrong imo, but not illegal.

Paying for s e x constitutes a criminal act most places, no?

Of course we know from the whole sordid episode in Happy Valley that the NCAA isn't all that concerned about criminal s e xual activities committed by its members institutions.

or its institutions members...

Some offenses are so bad that they deserve sever penalties

IMG_1713.JPG

Hooking can be extremely dangerous for the hooker and the connection to s e x trafficking is obvious. It is illegal in most places for a reason, public health being a big one but also promoting a trade that degrades the practitioner and puts them unreasonably in harms way.

Every study not sponsored by a religious unit / right moral high ground type has shown your conclusions to be false. The fact that it is illegal is what leads to more trafficking... is what leads to more public health issues.. pushes people underground which brings in the deplorable element... and makes it more dangerous for them.

Making prostitution legal between consenting adults, where it can be practiced in areas that are not in the public eye and can be licensed and regulated, removes many deplorables from the equation and also reduces many trafficking, public health, and safety issues. Is it the ideal way to act? Maybe not for everybody, but it will happen, so why willingly make society more dangerous.

All that being said, that is the law and it is illegal. This also involved those who are younger and are easily influenced. While I think prostitution in a controlled environment between consenting adults is fine, I have more issues when it takes place with teenage kids on a recruiting mission. I do think the penalty should be quite severe.

Last edited:
They took their ban last year but they should lose 8-10 scholarships and Pitino get a minimum 8 game suspension.

Didn't JB get 9 games? I fail to see how what SU did even comes close to LOU. To be "fair", Pitino would need to be gone for at least a season (which would NEVER happen)

All that being said, that is the law and it is illegal. This also involved those who are younger and are easily influenced. While I think prostitution in a controlled environment between consenting adults is fine, I have more issues when it takes place with teenage kids on a recruiting mission. I do think the penalty should be quite severe, but not because of morality reasons.

This is an important point. Parents are sending their high school age kids to Louisville to visit the school and trusting that the kids will be supervised in some fashion. Instead the very people who were being trusted to supervise their visits were facilitating them soliciting sex from hookers. I don't see how it is rationalized when it is the institution promoting it. If JB was responsible for Kissel writing Melo's paper whether he knew or approved than Rick has to be responsible for his assistant doing this. How can there be any different result.

A question for the lawyers on the board: If any of the recruits for whom hookers were hired were under age, would it constitute a criminal act?
Yes

Every study not sponsored by a religious unit / right moral high ground type has shown your conclusions to be false. The fact that it is illegal is what leads to more trafficking... is what leads to more public health issues.. pushes people underground which brings in the deplorable element... and makes it more dangerous for them.

Making prostitution legal between consenting adults, where it can be practiced in areas that are not in the public eye and can be licensed and regulated, removes many deplorables from the equation and also reduces many trafficking, public health, and safety issues. Is it the ideal way to act? Maybe not for everybody, but it will happen, so why willingly make society more dangerous.

All that being said, that is the law and it is illegal. This also involved those who are younger and are easily influenced. While I think prostitution in a controlled environment between consenting adults is fine, I have more issues when it takes place with teenage kids on a recruiting mission. I do think the penalty should be quite severe.
I actually agree with your public health and personal safety reasons about legalizing and heavily regulating prostitution. No one can stop prostitution (a great motto!)

I am not sure about the trafficking, I think that is going to happen regardless but typically legalization would lead to a reduction - at least in the areas legalized.

The point I was making, poorly apparently, is that universities introducing students to prostitutes puts higher education on the wrong side of good ethics. You can't build good character, or base an education, on treating others poorly - objectifying others just debases all parties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom