LOUISVILLE GAME IS A MUST WIN. Someone had to say it. | Syracusefan.com

LOUISVILLE GAME IS A MUST WIN. Someone had to say it.

I’m afraid we’re looking at least at a five game losing streak. You lose to Louisville and there’s no chance in beating Clemson and Carolina.

I’m afraid we’re looking at least at a five game losing streak. You lose to Louisville and there’s no chance in beating Clemson and Carolina.
Let's channel our full glass mentality.

Attachments

• ghows-OH-44ca6069-8988-4a31-841b-3fc8a12aebee-4628b6c9.jpeg
    ghows-OH-44ca6069-8988-4a31-841b-3fc8a12aebee-4628b6c9.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 22
This board has said the last 3 games were must win lol. Only way to make the tournament is to either
1) win out the reg season
2) win acct

Not likely
I'm not even saying to make the NCAAT. I'm just thinking to right the ship to have some positive aspects for the future. Both for our players and coaches.

This board has said the last 3 games were must win lol. Only way to make the tournament is to either
1) win out the reg season
2) win acct

Not likely

I think the more pertinent question is will we make the NIT?

Last game had a "wheels flying off" vibe to it with the lack of effort and barking with the coach...

Will the team respond and play hard or are they mailing in the season at this point??

This is the scary thought. If these guys lose to Louisville I think any confidence they have will be gone and Red is gonna have real issues.

This is team on the verge of disaster, moreso than any time in the last 5 years.

Red needs this one

This is the scary thought. If these guys lose to Louisville I think any confidence they have will be gone and Red is gonna have real issues.

This is team on the verge of disaster, moreso than any time in the last 5 years.

Red needs this one
Say what you will about the last 3 years of bad performances, I don't remember seeing an entire team so blatantly disrespect their coach and give 0 effort.

Lets put ourselves into the Bubble Conversation, that would be a win for us fans.

Current record 14-8

Loiville W
Clemson W
UNC L
@GT W
@NCSt L
ND W
VT W
@LVILL W (hard to win on the road in ACC only 4 teams have a winnning record on the road)
@ CLEM L

6-3 Remaining Schedule
1-1 ACC Tourney

21-12 Projected finish

IMHO opinion, we needed to beat FSU at home and BC on the road. A 23-10 record would get us to the dance. With a projected 21-12 we are in the NIT.

Again look at the Road Records for ACC only 4 teams have winning records ==>UNC, Duke, Pitt & BC. Its tought to win on the road. If we can upset UNC at home (BIF IF) we have a shot with 22-11, however, I think UNC is a #1 Seed and could be the #1 Seed overall when all is said and done.

GO CUSE

Last edited:
He needs to be ruthless.
I didn't care if he loses games, this nonsense can't continue. Especially if he's going to clean house anyway
I was thinking the same thing. Bench the bad attitudes even if we lose. I support that more than losing and seeing primadonnas run ragged over our new coach

Lets put ourselves into the Bubble Conversation, that would be a win for us fans.

Current record 14-8

Loiville W
Clemson W
UNC L
@GT W
@NCSt L
ND W
VT W
@LVILL W (hard to win on the road in ACC only 4 teams have a winnning record on the road)
@ CLEM L

6-3 Remaining Schedule
1-1 ACC Tourney

21-12 Projected finish

IMHO opinion, we needed to beat FSU at home and BC on the road. A 23-10 record would get us to the dance. With a projected 21-12 we are in the NIT.

Again look at the Road Records for ACC only 4 teams have winning records ==>UNC, Duke, Pitt & BC. Its tought to win on the road. If we can upset UNC at home (BIF IF) we have a shot with 22-11, however, I think UNC is a #1 Seed and could be the #1 Seed overall when all is said and done.

GO CUSE
The NIT is harder to make than the NCAA's. Aint gonna happen The way the NIT works now is the top 2 ranked NET teams in each of the power 6 conferences that do not get an ncaa bid get an auto bid to the nit and they host as well. So we arent close to that. We would still need to get an at large NIT berth

The team is off the bubble.

The NIT bubble that is, and projected to be a 6th seed in the NIT

Start Peter Carey and Kyle Cuffe if you have to. The lack of hustle by some of the regulars is pathetic.
Despite my thinking that people way overestimate Peter Carey because he's tall and can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, I'm A-OK with this.

A lot of people seem to believe that beating the teams you are better than builds up a solid resume for post season play. With five weeks left in the regular season, SU has not defeated one opponent that would be selected for the NCAAs today with the exception of Cornell. The NCAA Selection Committee has always emphasized schools that can win road games and Syracuse is 2-5 in those contests with only victories at Georgetown and Pitt. The NIT is also using the NET rankings to select teams for their tournament and we currently sit 10th in the NET among ACC schools with a ranking of 84. Anyone who believes we would get a NIT bid today does not understand the qualifications you need for post season play. Winning home games against other ACC teams that are heading to the NIT is a pretty shaky resume to base a claim to a NIT bid around. Go Cuse! Beat Louisville!

Current record 14-8

Loiville W
Clemson W
UNC L
@GT W
@NCSt L
ND W
VT W
@ CLEM L

6-3 Remaining Schedule
1-1 ACC Tourney

21-12 Projected finish

GO CUSE

Current record 14-8

Loiville W
Clemson W
UNC L
@GT W
@NCSt L
ND W
VT W
@ CLEM L

6-3 Remaining Schedule
1-1 ACC Tourney

21-12 Projected finish

GO CUSE
Predicting any game as a win right now is a long shot. Red appears to be close to losing this team. His stubbornness in not making a change to the starting line-up, when they continue to fall behind at the start. That is not good coaching.

I love the optimism it takes to get to must win territory. This isn't snark. I just didn't think we are good enough to have a must win
Colgate was the must win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom