Louisville/Syracuse Review: Nice Game Guys | Syracusefan.com

Louisville/Syracuse Review: Nice Game Guys

Classy post. Really like Bridgewater-He will definitely play on sundays and should be a 1st rounder whenever he comes out. Enjoy him.

Nice job. And I love bridgewater too. So poised. The best player in this conference by a gigantic margin.

Nice job. And I love bridgewater too. So poised. The best player in this conference by a gigantic margin.
Sorry, senior RN is better than sophomore TB. You must also include that fact that we have the 9th toughest schedule for FBS and FCS teams including the future and the 6th when just FBS teams played to this point are considered. Teddy has a chance to be somebody.

Sorry, senior RN is better than sophomore TB. You must also include that fact that we have the 9th toughest schedule for FBS and FCS teams including the future and the 6th when just FBS teams played to this point are considered. Teddy has a chance to be somebody.

I am one of the biggest Ryan Nassib fans on the face of the planet. He's not Teddy Bridgewater.

I am one of the biggest Ryan Nassib fans on the face of the planet. He's not Teddy Bridgewater.
Are you arguing as a QB or as athletic specimens? As a QB who sees the game and can manage/make the throws, I go RN. If your speaking strictly athleticism, no doubt TB. Do I think TB has a higher upside than RN and has a better chance to be a Vince Young, yes I do.

The thing that impresses me most about TB is that he just doesn't make mistakes.

Are you arguing as a QB or as athletic specimens? As a QB who sees the game and can manage/make the throws, I go RN. If your speaking strictly athleticism, no doubt TB. Do I think TB has a higher upside than RN and has a better chance to be a Vince Young, yes I do.

As a QB. Both having great seasons, but I would still take Teddy. So poised, rarely makes mistakes (see: 5 INts for the year). And again, this isn't a Nassib knock. I've been a Nassib lover since the days of the boards Paulus v Nassib wars.

Honestly didn't expect to be blown out at all...but I did think that Syracuse was going to be really tough. Syracuse handed Louisville its worst loss during the Charlie Strong era, I write from a Louisville perspective and break the game down. Hope you guys can win out and do well in a bowl. Good luck the rest of the way!

Louisville/Syracuse Review
Classy post.

As mentioned earlier on this board Charlie Strong may have had an even worse day (yesterday) than his team did. He refused to credit SU or individual SU players during his presser. Huge difference in his presser -vs- Sabin's. I'm not a big Sabin fan, but at least he had the class to credit aTm and placed much of the blame for the loss on his own shoulders.

78, I do agree with you that TB is good for UL and has the chance of being very special. I am not trying to lessen your opinion and support it in many ways. Head to head, RN was the better QB yesterday also is leading and setting records for Big East passing yards with by far the toughest schedule in conference.

I have just watched how hard RN has worked over the last few years and how much he has taken the blame good and bad for what has taken place on and off the field. Only for him to get martyred here. In his final swan song, I think we have seen a QB who knows the game inside and out and is starting to make special throws. Sometimes you need to be willing to make a mistake, "threading it in there", to comeback and beat SF or whoop a WV/UL.

I think the most telling statement yesterday was when the announcer said that NH told him that, " he better get the call right, or RN would audible it as soon as it got to the line because he knew the offence better than he did as an OC".

TB sees the field and moves very well. He is huge and the way he moves/arm strength remind me much of a young Vince Young. Very fine looking QB.

Nassib has only 8 int's and had a few where the wr bumped it up for the int.

78, I do agree with you that TB is good for UL and has the chance of being very special. I am not trying to lessen your opinion and support it in many ways. Head to head, RN was the better QB yesterday also is leading and setting records for Big East passing yards with by far the toughest schedule in conference.

I have just watched how hard RN has worked over the last few years and how much he has taken the blame good and bad for what has taken place on and off the field. Only for him to get martyred here. In his final swan song, I think we have seen a QB who knows the game inside and out and is starting to make special throws. Sometimes you need to be willing to make a mistake, "threading it in there", to comeback and beat SF or whoop a WV/UL.

I think the most telling statement yesterday was when the announcer said that NH told him that, " he better get the call right, or RN would audible it as soon as it got to the line because he knew the offence better than he did as an OC".

TB sees the field and moves very well. He is huge and the way he moves/arm strength remind me much of a young Vince Young. Very fine looking QB.

Nassib has only 8 int's and had a few where the wr bumped it up for the int.
Agreed. In no way was I trying to downplay Ryan. I just have been impressed all season by how few mistakes TB makes. He'll play on Sundays.

Agreed. In no way was I trying to downplay Ryan. I just have been impressed all season by how few mistakes TB makes. He'll play on Sundays.

Isn't it nice for two fellow Orangmen to discuss a topic, have different opinions, use valid points and not end up just calling douche, idiot, dumb, etc...?

Want to go to Palestine/Israel and see what we can do?:cool:

Isn't it nice for two fellow Orangmen to discuss a topic, have different opinions, use valid points and not end up just calling douche, idiot, dumb, etc...?

Want to go to Palestine/Israel and see what we can do?:cool:
What a stupid comment. You're an idiot.

:D

Thanks for the post, Sheriff. Come back soon to talk more football.

The thing that impresses me most about TB is that he just doesn't make mistakes.

He has that uncanny lizard brain ability to feel pressure just like McNabb did. There was one play yesterday where I believe MPB got around the end and had him lined up blindside and TB just stepped up at the last moment. He only threw a pick when he was taking chances. TB will wreck CUSA 2.0.

Syracuse is coming together...I really liked Doug Marrone's gameplan. I'm not going to argue Ryan Nassib vs. Teddy Bridgewater. I love Teddy and wouldn't trade him for anyone in the country, but he's still a sophomore. Nassib is a senior and he won the game.

As for Charlie not giving a lot of credit to Syracuse, that's really not who he is. He took his headset off early in the 1st half and early towards the end of the game. He was disappointed in his team, Cards just didn't execute and that bothered him. He would have taken it better if Syracuse had won by 10 or less, but when you guys went up 26 (or something like that) it was a rout and that really bothered him (and everyone really).

I think Syracuse is definitely headed in the right direction. I hope you guys go into the ACC and show them that the Big East is not a joke and win the league in your first year! I am not familiar with the QB situation behind Nassib but there are more than enough good QBs up that way to recruit so I'm sure you are fine.

I think Syracuse is definitely headed in the right direction. I hope you guys go into the ACC and show them that the Big East is not a joke and win the league in your first year! I am not familiar with the QB situation behind Nassib but there are more than enough good QBs up that way to recruit so I'm sure you are fine.

Not really.

We fans are really exited about this Zachary Allen coming in. He's from Texas.

Bridgewater is the unsackable object. Was driving me crazy.

I must admit I'm not an 'expert' at Northeast recruiting. I just assumed with Syracuse's history along with some other QBs that have played at programs in that part of the country that it might be a talent rich area.

Really good post, solid X's and O's stuff in there. I'll echo what others said about Bridgewater...I think the debate between him and Nassib is really a matter of personal preference, but either way he's an incredibly impressive player. Good luck the rest of the year, and please don't let Rutgers win the conference...

Syracuse is coming together...I really liked Doug Marrone's gameplan. I'm not going to argue Ryan Nassib vs. Teddy Bridgewater. I love Teddy and wouldn't trade him for anyone in the country, but he's still a sophomore. Nassib is a senior and he won the game.

As for Charlie not giving a lot of credit to Syracuse, that's really not who he is. He took his headset off early in the 1st half and early towards the end of the game. He was disappointed in his team, Cards just didn't execute and that bothered him. He would have taken it better if Syracuse had won by 10 or less, but when you guys went up 26 (or something like that) it was a rout and that really bothered him (and everyone really).

Come to think of it, we've never beaten him so we wouldn't know his demeanor after losses firsthand. Not to mention that being undefeated after nine games probably made him a little rusty in the courtesy and losing with dignity department. It's all good.

P.S. Great preview of the game and I loved the post game recap. Good lord beat Rutgers...

BlackKnight76: Glad you enjoyed...the plan is still to win the conference. If nothing else this Syracuse will refocus a team that probably needed that. Definitely don't want to see Rutgers wreck another Cardinal football season.

C Bomb: I'm glad you liked it...that's certainly the plan!

West Virginia's lack of performance in the Big 12 makes the point about Big East's strength versus the other Conferences pretty clearly.

Sure he does. The pick he threw to Davis was a classic example of what not to do...throwing against your body. That being said, he's rather poised and quite impressive.

West Virginia's lack of performance in the Big 12 makes the point about Big East's strength versus the other Conferences pretty clearly.
No it doesn't, we have no idea how they would have been this year. Does WVU beatdown of Clemson last year speak clearly of the strenght of the BE vs other conferenses? The numbers are clear, The BE does well out of conference and in bowl games. Youre wrong about this one townie.