Louisville Tailgate Nov 13th, 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Tailgate Nov 13th, 2021

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
As with FSU, I won't get serious into planning until we know the Covid plan.

Air travel: SDF is a medium large airport. Also, you can look into Cincinnati (CVG) and Indianapolis (IND) along with Lexington as options. Driving from Syracuse is about 10 hours but Veterans Day is the Thursday prior so a 3-5 day road trip from Upstate NY might be worth a look. Weather expected? Average high 58 low 40 around Nov 12-13th.

Motels: Louisville offers plenty. I'm staying south of town on Brooks Hill Rd next to I-65.

I expect to work with the SU Cincinnati based Alumni club and corpjet and buy between 50-100 tix.
We have a parking lot close to the stadium used in the past. That is still the plan.

A trip to a few Bourbon Distilleries on Friday is in the works. Hopefully KaiserUEO will lead us.

TexanMark (2-4) Orangello?
Corpjet
Cincy Alumni 10-15

Ragman2000, 3 or 4
Orangello...will do Bourbon Tour too

Last edited:
You might want to cross the Ohio River and visit Jeffersonville Indiana. It’s the birthplace of one STO.Seriously I’m down to NC State Or Louisville for my second trip. Had good time here last visit in 2017 I think. ( weather delay game )

You might want to cross the Ohio River and visit Jeffersonville Indiana. It’s the birthplace of one STO.Seriously I’m down to NC State Or Louisville for my second trip. Had good time here last visit in 2017 I think. ( weather delay game )
Raleigh is about 2 hrs closer but Louisville is pretty cool.

Response is slow...working with SU alumni groups is generally painful and I might not even reach out to others besides Cincy. I think I'll make an executive decision and cap this at 20-25 tickets. I still plan on a full tailgate. I'm driving up with canopy, grill and coolers.

I expect to buy 2 extra car spaces for the canopy/ grill chairs. Everyone will pay $2 extra per ticket to cover that.

Lack of interest...hmmm this is an underrated trip.

I'm definitely going. I think all I need is 15-20 to get a group rate.

You have Veterans Day on the previous Thursday so you could make this a nice 4 day mini-trip.

2021_fb_updated_seating_map.jpg

IIRC we were about halfway up Section 202 last time

Okay, response has been slow. As of right now, I'll buy 15-20 Tix and still get a group rate. If you are on the fence...you have until Mid July to figure it out.

My tentative List so far...

TexanMark/Orangello 2
OrangeJet 6
CorpJet 2
GoCuse14 3
Ragman2000 3 or 4
Cincy Club???

CANCELLED

It has been hard getting anything going. Hopefully we have a better date for the game in '23.

Last edited:
CANCELLED

It has been hard getting anything going. Hopefully we have a better date for the game in '23.
Awww...Disapointed...I was too late to catch-up on the site. My family joined you at FSU in '19. Looking forward to Louisville and the Bourbon Trail. I hope to catch a tailgate with you in 2022.

Anyone going to this game and interested in doing a tailgate?

ive got tickets already so won’t be a ticket buy but I’m willing to try and set up a tailgate for anyone wanting to go?

Anyone going to this game and interested in doing a tailgate?

ive got tickets already so won’t be a ticket buy but I’m willing to try and set up a tailgate for anyone wanting to go?
corpjet you still going to this?

Anyone going? If so, where is the Syracuse section. Looking to possibly go myself but want to sit around other ‘Cuse fans.

Anyone going? If so, where is the Syracuse section. Looking to possibly go myself but want to sit around other ‘Cuse fans.

Im attending…but there’s only two of us…

Im in section 106 I think? A friend of mine bought the tickets so don’t have them.

Could be a huge game if we beat BC next weekend

I'll be in 103 along with three others. Flying down so we won't have a vehicle to tailgate out of. Maybe a suitcase full of beer will suffice.

...yeah...I think it will.

Just FYI, KY EXPO is closed for parking

Yup agriculture show.

Still allowed to park my RV there but they told me I couldn’t tailgate but said it was okay to grill. LOL

Very interesting really… supposed to be pretty cold Saturday so probably having some spiked morning coffee and then finding a bar or something pregame but with the noon start that’ll be tough

Yup agriculture show.

Still allowed to park my RV there but they told me I couldn’t tailgate but said it was okay to grill. LOL

Very interesting really… supposed to be pretty cold Saturday so probably having some spiked morning coffee and then finding a bar or something pregame but with the noon start that’ll be tough

I can't seem to find any bars all that close to the stadium

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom