Louisville to forfeit NC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville to forfeit NC

If you're talking about Stan, if memory serves I don't believe Gross directed him to do anything improper (Gross wasn't personally cited as a violator). In the meeting with JB (with Gross in attendance), Stan was told to keep him eligible within the rules. The rest was Stan and a secretary overreaching and too much help on a paper in a class Fab had already passed. Significantly, the U determined it was NOT academic fraud. There were a few other academic instances, but nothing that holds a candle to what other programs have gotten (are getting) away with.

If you put that on the same plane with $150k payoffs, hookers and decades-long fake majors, I think you're out to lunch.
you & your fellow denialists can keep trying to peddle the fiction that our infractions were minor and i'll keep pointing out how pathetic - and wrong - you are

Does that mean the terrible charge call at the end of the Michigan game potentially cost us the National Championship?

I’m not sure if this is serious or not but it’s not like Michigan is crowned champs if the title is stripped from Lville. The records will just be switched to *vacated.*

If only Pitino could remove his Louisville tattoo that easily...
This one?
8aa670e11c8257dd9115366669142791--cardinal-tattoos-school-style.jpg

If this in fact happens, I would like to see how many posters revise their answer to the "would you cheat?" question from the other day.

Please note that the hypothetical ‘would you cheat’ thread stipulated not getting stripped of the NC. Come on, pay attention.

Please note that the hypothetical ‘would you cheat’ thread stipulated not getting stripped of the NC. Come on, pay attention.

If you adjusted the hypothetical to “getting stripped of the NC is a possibility” would that change your outlook on cheating?

you & your fellow denialists can keep trying to peddle the fiction that our infractions were minor and i'll keep pointing out how pathetic - and wrong - you are
I’m not denying anything. We made some mistakes, and were severely penalized. The issue is: how do SU’s mistakes stack up against those of other major programs. I still think SU’s violations look like traffic violations compared to all the federal indictments and systemic fraud. If you think that’s “pathetic” you’re overpersonalizing the issue. Pathetic is what Sankey did to JB.

Last edited:
the director of athletics organized a conspiracy among other members of the university staff to commit academic fraud in order to keep an ineligible student qualified

in college athletics, that is the exact opposite of a minor infraction

have other schools deserved more serious punishments for their infractions? yes.

but that doesn't change the fact that syracuse deserved everything they got.

Do you have any proof of this???? Either defecate or get off the pot!!!!

the director of athletics organized a conspiracy among other members of the university staff to commit academic fraud in order to keep an ineligible student qualified

have other schools deserved more serious punishments for their infractions? yes.

I'd like to ask more about this. Moqui, you seem very engaged in this topic. From what I read about the violations, I don't know how to interpret this meeting that occurred. You are calling it a conspiracy to commit academic fraud, but I didn't read it that way at all. It is totally possible that I have a less than complete view on it though. I looked at it as a situation where the basketball team had a player who was going to become ineligible because of a grade and a meeting was held to understand how that situation could be avoided. Now, if in that meeting someone said: "Get this guy eligible no matter what and I don't want rules getting in the way." That is a conspiracy. If the meeting was "Well, what are the options here, have we turned over all stones as far as make up work, extra credit, etc?" Then I view that as just doing your job. I wasn't in the meeting and I don't know that it was documented to the level to know which of those things happened. But given that all parties already knew the program was under active investigation, I find it somewhat hard to believe that the meeting was of the "Damn the torpedoes" variety that you are espousing by saying it was a conspiracy to commit fraud. Is there more information about this topic that I just don't have?

Yet, if those benefits had been made available to non-student athletes, there would have been no issue

Come on, Moqui. You’re a good guy. But fans can have differing opinions on the sanctions. I know it’s the internet, but it’s not fair to call people who have a different opinion than you pathetic.